GUILTY MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* *teen guilty* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So now EC supposedly had Medical insurance under father except for when James lost his job in Oct 2021 and JC was planning to enroll him in hers when the enrollment period opened in Nov 2021.

On the one hand, it is good that she addressed this issue. But on the other hand, as far as I know, there are two possible ways they could have enrolled EC in a health plan if he lost coverage due to a qualifying event. One is to check with her HR department to see if this qualified as a "qualifying event" and then immediately adding EC to her company's health plan. The other is to pay for COBRA health coverage for November and December and then start EC on the health plan coverage with JC's company. COBRA is very expensive though, so maybe they decided just to add EC on to her coverage during Open Enrollment in fall 2021 and his coverage would begin in January of 2022.

In any event, her testimony does provide some context for EC's lack of coverage, and it may have been only for the final two months of 2021 after James C lost his job and thus the loss of EC's coverage.

Except that the shooting happened on 11/30/2021 so unless she was doing it that day, that’s BS.
When you add someone to your health plan during your plan's annual Open Enrollment period in the fall, their coverage doesn't begin unti the new plan year in January (in this case it would begin in January 2022).

If I didn't know better, based on her disingenuous "little ol' inexperienced lawyer" act, I'd say that Smith must've attended the same law school as Alina Habba.
It was reprehensible how Smith defended Nassar during an interview and trashed the young women victims.
Cut from the same cloth as Habbahabbahabba.

When you add someone to your health plan during your plan's annual Open Enrollment period in the fall, their coverage doesn't begin unti the new plan year in January (in this case it would begin in January 2022).
That is true. However there was no testimony that he HAD been added she said she was “going to add him” in November. Maybe it’s just a verbiage thing or the way the question was asked.

On the one hand, it is good that she addressed this issue. But on the other hand, as far as I know, there are two possible ways they could have enrolled EC in a health plan if he lost coverage due to a qualifying event. One is to check with her HR department to see if this qualified as a "qualifying event" and then immediately adding EC to her company's health plan. The other is to pay for COBRA health coverage for November and December and then start EC on the health plan coverage with JC's company. COBRA is very expensive though, so maybe they decided just to add EC on to her coverage during Open Enrollment in fall 2021 and his coverage would begin in January of 2022.

In any event, her testimony does provide some context for EC's lack of coverage, and it may have been only for the final two months of 2021 after James C lost his job and thus the loss of EC's coverage.
Thanks for the info.
Does anyone know when James lost his job and began working 'Door Dash"?

That is true. However there was no testimony that he HAD been added she said she was “going to add him” in November. Maybe it’s just a verbiage thing or the way the question was asked.

Agree, we don't know the actual Open Enrollment dates for her company's health plan. In my case, one of my health plans has Open Enrollment that ends in November, and the other plan has an Open Enrollment that ends around December 7 some years, or December 10 others.

I do think that the fact that EC was covered under parents' health plan until the end of October 2021 was, however, important to address - as that shows that they had not been negligent regarding his health plan as has been reported. If there was a lapse, it was due to the loss of employment by one of the parents - and hence loss of coverage. That point in itself is more important for the jury to know, IMO, and if there were one or two months of no coverage that apparently wasn't the norm and there was a reasonable explanation.

Golly, if only EC's apparently rapid-onset mental health crisis hadn't suddenly manifested itself sometime between October and November '21, at which time the kid had no health insurance coverage whatsoever, I'm sure JC would have promptly addressed it (sarcasm).
Yet JC had many concerning events with EC long before Oct-Nov 2021 that warranted a mental intervention.

Ugh I’m behind. Just starting direct now.

She just referred to the substation video and said that in the video, she asks him “Why” and he says “Because I just did. Take care of Dexter for me”. Dexter is his kitten.

Thanks for the info.
Does anyone know when James lost his job and began working 'Door Dash"?

JC's testimony states that James lost his job in October of 2021, stating that is the time that EC lost his health coverage under James' health plan from his work's plan.

JC's testimony states that James lost his job in October of 2021, stating that is the time that EC lost his health coverage under James' health plan from his work's plan.
That's what JC just said.
I'm curious if it lines up with previous statements/testimonies by her or James or anyone else about when his job ended.

Is the insurance issue going to be looked into by prosecutors?

PONTIAC, Mich. — Jennifer Crumbley said her teenage son, Ethan, was worried about his future and would get stressed out, but his mental health never alarmed her enough that she felt he needed to see a professional.

"I mean there was a couple of times when Ethan had stress, anxiety taking tests," Crumbley, 45, said after taking the stand Thursday at her involuntary manslaughter trial.

"Not to a level where I felt he needed to see a psychiatrist or mental health professional right away," she added.

Her relationship with her teenage son was the crux of her highly anticipated testimony in which her lawyer has said would show why the Michigan mother "could have never anticipated" that he would go on a shooting spree in 2021...

That's what JC just said.
I'm curious if it lines up with previous statements/testimonies by her or James or anyone else about when his job ended.

Is the insurance issue going to be looked into by prosecutors?

I suppose the prosecution might look into if it is important to their case and they could call James C's employer to show that EC was never covered by health insurance by James C's place of employment before October 21 when he lost his job - if that is, indeed, the case.

But I would think that JC's attorney would have looked into this information before putting JC on the stand and that they had their information before the testimony. It seemed that this was an issue that they wanted to address, not a random discussion on the stand or random point made by JC during her testimony. JMO.

The handgun.
JC wasn't concerned at all on the 26th that James and JC bought the gun.
She was quite annoyed that they weren't home when she returned from Black Friday shopping and them being gone cut into the time they were going to get their Christmas tree.

JC also told boyfriend on morning of 11-30 before Meeting that EC's gun was in her car.
He told her that's a very bad place for it.

There's no way in hell putting a gun/or ammo in one's bedroom dresser is hiding the gun.

Edit:
HUH! ******JC just said she left the gun in her car and later James brought it in the house,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member