MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, shooting at Oxford High School, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
School threats should bring 'significant consequences,' state superintendent says (detroitnews.com)

Lansing — Individuals making threats against Michigan schools should be prosecuted and face "significant consequences," Michigan Superintendent of Public Instruction Michael Rice said Thursday.

Rice made the comments two days after four students were killed in a mass shooting at Oxford High School and the same day an array of districts in Metro Detroit closed amid reports of threatening social media messages.

"An individual who threatens a school should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law," Rice said in a Thursday interview. "And this is a grievous crime. It is not funny. It is not play. It is disrupting school communities.

"This is not an unusual phenomenon. ... It is a despicable phenomenon.”...

Any reports on the injured and how they are doing?

What we know about the victims of the Oxford High School shooting (clickondetroit.com)

The following is a list officials released of the people who were injured (Updated as of 6: p.m. Wednesday):

• A 14-year-old boy was discharged from a hospital on Wednesday.
  • A 14-year-old girl has improved from critical condition after being shot in the left chest and neck.
  • A 15-year-old boy who suffered a left leg gunshot wound was discharged on Tuesday.
  • A 17-year-old girl is in stable condition after being shot in the neck.
  • A 17-year-old girl is in critical condition with a gunshot wound to the chest.
  • A 17-year-old boy was discharged Tuesday after being shot in the hip.
  • A 47-year-old teacher who was shot in her left shoulder was discharged Tuesday.

I really cringe when the media starts saying these school shooters were bullied. Imo, they are anti social creeps who are the bullies. They are child versions of adult injustice collectors.

Also moo.
Has there been any concrete proof reported that he was bullied?
It was quoted by classmates in several articles.
Is there any child spared from bullying? Some kids can handle it better than others, others do not have support from parents or teachers and are battling other issues.
I never met anyone who has not been bullied at one time or another in their life.
I agree with you. I even looked it up because 'bully' is a broad term to me and used way too often. I've only personally had one experience with it. That was ten years ago and involved my granddaughter. She was in a school play and she played the part of a boy. A couple of girls teased her about it and she got really upset because she didn't want to play the part of a boy either. One of the mother's came to my DIL and related the incident blowing it all out of proportion. Immediately, my DIL went to the school and raised all kinds of hell, embarrassing my grdaughter beyond words. I won't bore you with more details, but I felt the two adults caused more issues and the girls by this time had resolved it and we're best buddies again. My point or question is when does it go beyond kids being kids and escalating into deadly acts. That's why I asked if we had any official reports of bullying. E.g. was it physical, verbal, or what? If a child isn't pre-disposed to violence, does bullying cause him to become violent?
This boy is 15 years old and certainly should know right from wrong and yet he chose a path to lose his freedom for the rest of his life....I believe there's a big chunk missing here and just saying he was bullied isn't it. When did the life of another human become so meaningless? I'm not so sure the media isn't stirring the pot...
Sorry this is so long. MOO

Now, that is strange.

The quote is from Hindu scripture and was also uttered by one of the atomic bomb scientists / engineers (Oppenheimer?) upon witnessing the atomic bomb test in New Mexico.

The full quote goes something like: "And now I have become death, destroyer of worlds" .

I think the quote is attributed to the Hindu god Shiva. As a further side note, I believe some Hindu gods are dual natured. The natures might be opposites, though I am not sure.

In either case, very few high schoolers are familiar with atomic bomb scientists or Hindu scriptures. Perhaps the perpetrator is a voracious reader?

If the perpetrator is not academically inclined, I wonder where he obtained the quote from? It does not seem like something one would readily find on a google search.

This could in turn perhaps indicate that he was being groomed, "fed" or perhaps directed by another party?
It could also be from a video game, such as Fallout.
I Am Become Death

"I Am Become Death" is pretty popular in pop culture, it's in movies and video games and comics. There's even a meme of it, where people will post a picture of a something incredibly cute like a kitten and put the words 'I Am Become Death' over it. Teens who are gamers or meme a lot will be familiar with this, and think it sounds edgy.

"Two Michigan sisters said there were threats about a shooting posted on social media for weeks before a teen opened fire at a high school Tuesday, killing three other students and wounding eight other people."

So they reported the threats and NOTHING was done about it.

Sisters report social media threats before school shooting

Almost every school shooting or mass killing, there were red flags right there.

Michigan school shooting: Superintendent says suspect was called to office but 'no discipline was warranted'

"There’s been a lot of talk about the student that was apprehended, that he was called up into the office and all that kind of stuff. No discipline was warranted. There are no discipline records at the high school,' Throne said in a video message. "

Yeah, right. Maybe that's because threatening mass murder is a police matter, not something to be handled "in-house", with other innocent lives at stake.

I hate to say it, but I can see school admin refusing to dicipline for videos that weren't made at the school, during school hours. I wish that we could count on school districts to immediately report illegal or threatening behavior to police, but they cover things up all of the time. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3