MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, shooting at Oxford High School, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Live stream: Charges to be announced against parents of suspected Oxford High School shooter (clickondetroit.com)

The parents of the student accused of opening fire at Oxford High School on Tuesday, fatally wounding four students and injuring several other people, are set to be charged for their role in the tragedy.

Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald is scheduled to announce charges on Friday against the parents of Ethan Crumbley, 15, a sophomore student at Oxford High School who was charged as an adult in the shooting...

Watch the announcement live at noon in the video player above.

• The live stream above will carry the court hearing and arraignment, which could happen before the noon news conference. Everything will be streamed here.

It's live. I'm busy but will watch later. Sounds like some very disturbing notes, drawings he had on his desk right before the shooting.

Judge helping prosecutor file complaints.

Ethan Crumbley’s parents charged with involuntary manslaughter
Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald’s office filed the charges against James and Jennifer Crumbley, the Associated Press reported on Friday, three days after their 15-year-old son allegedly opened fire in the halls of school, killing four classmates and wounding seven others. The parents each face four counts of involuntary manslaughter.

Ms McDonald is expected to formally announce the charges at a press conference at noon.

Under Michigan law, the parents of a child who violates firearm-related statutes on school property or in a school vehicle can be held criminally liable if the parent knew the child’s intentions or furthered their actions.

On the topic of charging the parents, Ms McDonald previously said on Wednesday: “We know that owning a gun means securing it properly and locking it and keeping the ammunition separate and not allowing access to other individuals, particularly minors.

“We know that and we have to hold individuals accountable who don’t do that.”

Whoa!! That's huge. I don't know if it'll stick, but it's good to see some accountability.

Involuntary manslaughter charges filed against parents of Oxford High School shooting suspect (clickondetroit.com)

James and Jennifer Crumbley charged

OXFORD, Mich. – A prosecutor has filed charges against the parents of the Oxford High School shooting suspect for involuntary manslaughter in connection with the deaths of four students.

Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald on Friday announced charges against the parents of Ethan Crumbley, 15, who is accused of killing four fellow students and injuring seven others on Tuesday afternoon in the hallways of Oxford High School.

His parents, James and Jennifer Crumbley, are being charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter, according to prosecutors...

Prosecutor charges parents of Oxford High suspect with involuntary manslaughter (detroitnews.com)

Pontiac — Oakland County's prosecutor has filed involuntary manslaughter charges against the suspect's parents in the Oxford High School shooting.

Jennifer and James Crumbley, the parents of the 15-year-old boy accused of killing four of his classmates and wounding seven others, were charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter.

Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald is expected Friday to discuss the charging decision at a noon press conference on Friday...

School told parents he needed to get counseling ASAP. Parents failed to ask son where gun was. They didn't want to take their son with them when they left the school.

Later, Mom texted to son "Ethan, don't do it". Later, after shooting, father called 911, said he thought his son did it with his gun. Gun was stored unlocked in a drawer in parents bedroom.

I’m sorry - I’m watching the live feed. They read some social media post made by the mom after they bought the gun, and she indicated it was for the son, for Christmas. And the post was about them testing it out together that day.
A gun for Christmas? How lovely. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Has there been any concrete proof reported that he was bullied?

I agree with you. I even looked it up because 'bully' is a broad term to me and used way too often. I've only personally had one experience with it. That was ten years ago and involved my granddaughter. She was in a school play and she played the part of a boy. A couple of girls teased her about it and she got really upset because she didn't want to play the part of a boy either. One of the mother's came to my DIL and related the incident blowing it all out of proportion. Immediately, my DIL went to the school and raised all kinds of hell, embarrassing my grdaughter beyond words. I won't bore you with more details, but I felt the two adults caused more issues and the girls by this time had resolved it and we're best buddies again. My point or question is when does it go beyond kids being kids and escalating into deadly acts. That's why I asked if we had any official reports of bullying. E.g. was it physical, verbal, or what? If a child isn't pre-disposed to violence, does bullying cause him to become violent?
This boy is 15 years old and certainly should know right from wrong and yet he chose a path to lose his freedom for the rest of his life....I believe there's a big chunk missing here and just saying he was bullied isn't it. When did the life of another human become so meaningless? I'm not so sure the media isn't stirring the pot...
Sorry this is so long. MOO

The school claims he wasn't bullied but the classmates claim he was.
We will have to wait to find out.

Glad they are charging the parents, but after hearing about the drawing and how the meeting was handled, the school holds some responsibility too.

They tried to make the parents take their son home after the school meeting, but they refused. Wanted him to stay at school. Not sure what else the school could have done.

Almost every school shooting or mass killing, there were red flags right there.

Yes, there are always RED FLAGS, but it's important fellow students report to the school or to the police. But they must feel safe enough to do so. Schools and authorities need to listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayellekay