MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, shooting at Oxford High School, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously. Who does stuff like this? Abandon your kid to save your own sorry skin after you failed him.

Surely they're talking to some slick-talking attorney, or just taking time to figure out what they're gonna do next.
This sure makes them look like they're hiding something, doesn't it? Do we know if either of them are employed? Have they been doing something illegal and are getting rid of evidence?
What they're doing may be totally innocent, but it doesn't look good for them, IMO. Who knoze?

No worries. there is water between Michigan (and Ohio, and NY) for the entire Canadian border. It's not like in Montana, etc. which is a land border. Northern Wisconsin would be their closest land border.

Or Windsor, just across the bridge from Detroit. That said, that point is likely very closely monitored.

I'm sorry, but I do not agree with the theme of blaming the parents for their son's action. I'm on the side of reasonable accountability for the parents. Many parents have problems with their children, I'm not willing to jump on the bandwagon of parents bad. MOO
No one is saying all parents are bad, but in this particular case the parents most definitely seem to have enabled their son’s behavior. They refused to take him home when the school asked them to, they didn’t mention to the school in the meeting 3 hours before the shooting that he had access to a gun, and they BOUGHT him the gun and showed him how to use it, then stored it in an unlocked drawer so he would have easy access to the gun and three magazines.

These particular parents are beyond the pale, IMO.

Last edited:
No one is saying all parents are bad, but in this particular case the parents most definitely seem to have enabled their son’s behavior. They refused to take him home when the school asked them to, they didn’t mention to the school in the meeting 3 hours before the shooting that he had access to a gun, and they BOUGHT him the gun and showed him how to use it, then stored it in an unlocked drawer so he would have easy access to the gun and three magazines.

These particular parents are beyond the pale.
It's become a sad society when pitchforks are drawn before facts are known. Media lies sometimes, twists information sometimes, I am not on any side, but truth before fiction. MOO

I'm sorry, but I do not agree with the theme of blaming the parents for their son's action. I'm on the side of reasonable accountability for the parents. Many parents have problems with their children, I'm not willing to jump on the bandwagon of parents bad. MOO

They bought him a gun as a present. He drew disturbing things on a paper that he left on his school desk. His teacher turned it in to the office. His parents were called in and asked to take him to get medical help. They refused and sent him back to class. He then killed his schoolmates.

But, yeah, let's not jump on a 'bandwagon'. I'm sure they were caring parents. <sarcasm>

I totally agree that parents in general shouldn't be charged as they can have out-of-control kids that they've tried to get help for. And my heart breaks for these kind of parents. It must be devastating for them. This does not seem to be that case in this circumstance though. The Crumbleys were enablers, based on what we've seen so far in the media. Let them absolve themselves in the court.

ETA: corrected typo

Last edited:
So much happened in such a short time span. In a matter of days lives were changed forever, families destroyed. I grew up in SE Michigan and stories like this are nearly impossible to grasp. I still remember the Marysville shooting here in Washington. Will it never end?

In hopes of better understanding how events unfolded I put together a timeline, paraphrasing from msm. Feel free to correct.

Prosecutor Lays Out Disturbing Timeline Explaining Why Oxford School Shooting Suspect's Parents Were Charged
Friday November 26: Dad buys EC a gun. EC posts on social media: “Just got my new beauty today. SIG SAUER 9mm.” The post included heart emoji.

Saturday, November 27: Mom JC posts on social media: “mom and son day testing out his new Christmas present.”

Monday, November 29: Oxford High School teacher sees EC searching about ammunition on his cellphone during class and reports it to school officials.
- School officials left JC a voicemail, no reply received.
- School officials then sent an email to the parents, no reply from either of them.
- JC sends text to EC: “LOL I’m not mad at you. You have to learn not to get caught.”

Tuesday, November 30 am: EC's teacher sees a note that “alarmed her to the point that she took a picture of it on her cell phone.”
- The note contained a drawing of a semiautomatic handgun pointing at the words: "the thoughts won’t stop help me,” and included a drawing of a bullet with “blood everywhere” written above it.
- Between the drawing of the gun and the bullet was a drawing of a person who appears to have been shot twice and bleeding. Below that figure is a drawing of a laughing emoji.
- Parents were called to the school. A school counselor took EC and his backpack to the office. By then, the drawing had been altered: The gun drawing, the bloody figure and the words “help me,” “My life is useless,” “The world is dead” and “blood everywhere” had been scratched out.
- Parents were shown the drawing and told they must get counseling for their son within 48 hours.
- Parents didn't ask about the gun (which EC had in his backpack) and refused to take EC home. He was returned to class.

Tuesday, November 30, beginning ~ 1 pm: School surveillance cameras show EC exiting a bathroom without his backpack and with a gun in his hand. Just outside the bathroom EC began shooting, walking down the hallway at a “methodical pace,” shooting inside classrooms and at students who hadn’t escaped.
- 1:22 pm, after hearing news of the shooting JC texted EC: “Ethan, don’t do it.”
- 1:37 p.m., dad JC called 911, saying a gun was missing from his house, and he believed his son may be the shooter.
- The gun had been stored unlocked in a drawer in the parents' bedroom.

They bought him a gun as a present. He drew disturbing things on a paper that he left on his school desk. His teacher turned it in to the office. His parents were called in and asked to take him to get medical help. They refused and sent him back to class. He then killed his schoolmates.

But, yeah, let's not jump on a 'bandwagon'. I'm sure they were caring parents. <sarcasm>

I totally agree that parents in general shouldn't be charged as they can have out-of-control kids that they've tried to get help for. And my heart breaks for these kind of parents. It must be devastating for them. This does not seem to be that case in this circumstance though. The Crubleys were enablers, based on what we've seen so far in the media. Let them absolve themselves in the court.
Enablers and likely indoctrinators, as well.

Law enforcement sources say that the couple withdrew $4,000 from an ATM and have not been seen since Thursday night, when they were under surveillance at a motel where they had been staying since the shooting.
Due to a communication breakdown between agencies, the surveillance was suspended by Friday morning and the parents left the motel unobserved before the charges were announced by prosecutors, according to WDIV-TV.

ETA:
@lookner
CNN also reporting that the school shooter's parents withdrew $4,000 while in Rochester Hills, the city in which they were supposed to show up for their arraignment today

CNN reports that investigators had been keeping track of school shooter's parents via cell phone pings but "at some point the cell phones were turned off and it seems that the trail went cold."

Last edited:
I can't fully disagree with you, but I wonder how many American schools are dealing with 'warning signs' every week. Can they just shut down their schools constantly? Having said that, I think there were many, many signs that there was a serious risk in this particular case, so I agree with you.
I think these educators really thought he was suicidal more than anything else. I think they wanted therapeutic versus criminal intervention.

Still I think they lacked an appropriate plan for such cases. You should isolate such a student if you cannot get appropriate healthcare. (In school suspension as others mentioned)

There was a period where my high school was shutdown for arson very regularly. A little scary, but mostly we kind of loved the regular half days with no accountability. Mom and dad don’t expect us. Let’s party at so and so’s and listen to Dark Side of the Moon backwards with the Wizard of Oz. So … yes. Schools can shut down quite regularly. Like Crime Snow Days!

also we had police in school. They searched our bags and lockers. They threatened us with all sorts of charges (particularly memorable to me was corruption of a minor when I was just months away, not the orchestrator, and one of the minors was the son of the teacher whose class I skipped).

That was new in high school though. I remember guns at middle school dances. Guns in middle school lockers- a friend had one to show off. No one was even suspended. Kicked out of the dance but not more. This was a very urban environment. No hunting AT ALL. This was the city.
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member