MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, shooting at Oxford High School, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised to hear $4,000 was withdrawn from an ATM. I am surprised there is a bank/ATM that allows that amount to be withdrawn in a 24 hour period.
I googled the question: depends on the bank.
"A specific answer to this question will depend on who you bank with. But, generally, ATM cash withdrawal limits can range from $300 to $5,000 per day. Individual banks and credit unions set their own limits. Your personal ATM withdrawal limit also may depend on the type of accounts you have and your banking history "

Criminal defense attorney just made a good point on CNN: The parents will have little chance to get bond now if they decide to turn themselves in. They probably could have gotten bail and bonded out if they would have just shown up to be arraigned.

I'm sorry, but I do not agree with the theme of blaming the parents for their son's action. I'm on the side of reasonable accountability for the parents. Many parents have problems with their children, I'm not willing to jump on the bandwagon of parents bad. MOO

I’m blaming the parents for THEIR actions.

THEY purchased a gun with the intent of giving it as a Christmas gift for a 15-year old, which is illegal. (As a sidebar, not quite in the spirit of Christmas, is it)?

THEY let him target practice with this gun as attested to by his mother on her social
media.

THEY left the gun in an unlocked drawer where Ethan was able to access it readily.

THEY did not follow through with what the school was trying to get done for Ethan and for the safety of the school community.

THEY did not check his book bag or ask him if he had the gun.

THEY did not show up for a mandated court appearance.

THEY have gone missing when their minor child is in deep, deep trouble.

I do NOT blame all parents when their children do wrong. I’ve been there with a daughter who is 40, not a child, and has given us grief for many years, despite every kind of intervention. I know of what I speak.

She is certainly no killer though, and if God forbid she were, you would not find us shielding her or disappearing.

Did the parents point the gun? Pull the trigger? I didn't see that in any news report. I'm simply saying that people are grieving, and they are rightfully so, but those of us who are less removed need to consider other options. I have also read that the boy might be autistic. I know a prominent government official in my area that has an autistic child, he is a molester, he has been charged twice. Family is a great family, yet they are being punished because of their sons' actions. MOO
They. Bought. Their. Fifteen. Year. Old. A . GUN.

On CNN, they quote the Michigan sheriff as saying "he didn't know the prosecutor was going to charge the parents." That's the excuse why they (state officers) stopped surveilling the couple before the prosecutor's news conference announcing the arrests.

The killer's parents knew they were going to be arrested, but the lead state LE officer didn't know? They'll probably hear a lot about that mistake. Well, they'll be found. There's a lot of people out there searching for them.

Last edited:
I’m blaming the parents for THEIR actions.

THEY purchased a gun with the intent of giving it as a Christmas gift for a 15-year old, which is illegal. (As a sidebar, not quite in the spirit of Christmas, is it)?

THEY let him target practice with this gun as attested to by his mother on her social
media.

THEY left the gun in an unlocked drawer where Ethan was able to access it readily.

THEY did not follow through with what the school was trying to get done for Ethan and for the safety of the school community.

THEY did not check his book bag or ask him if he had the gun.

THEY did not show up for a mandated court appearance.

THEY have gone missing when their minor child is in deep, deep trouble.

I do NOT blame all parents when their children do wrong. I’ve been there with a daughter who is 40, not a child, and has given us grief for many years, despite every kind of intervention. I know of what I speak.

She is certainly no killer though, and if God forbid she were, you would not find us shielding her or disappearing.

<hugs> to you Arkay. I'm so sorry for what you've been through.

After seeing that above from @sds71 above about that money, I can’t believe this is happening. And I didn’t know one could withdraw 4000 dollars from an atm either.
It depends on the bank and what you as a customer set as your daily limit for ATM withdrawals. I know Wells Fargo and Bank of America allow you to set what you want and it can be changed with a phone call to customer service (while you are line at the ATM). I’ve done a $6,000 withdrawal at an ATM within the past 12 months. Then changed it back to $1000 per day.
JMO

Did the parents point the gun? Pull the trigger? I didn't see that in any news report. I'm simply saying that people are grieving, and they are rightfully so, but those of us who are less removed need to consider other options. I have also read that the boy might be autistic. I know a prominent government official in my area that has an autistic child, he is a molester, he has been charged twice. Family is a great family, yet they are being punished because of their sons' actions. MOO
That is indeed sad, but it's not this case!! As far as did they point the gun, did they pull the trigger...they may as well have! They put the gun in the hands of a 15 year old. At this juncture the why is not important to me. It's the death of four beautiful young students and the future they should have!!!

I am surprised to hear $4,000 was withdrawn from an ATM. I am surprised there is a bank/ATM that allows that amount to be withdrawn in a 24 hour period.
I have a CitiGold account and it, along with CitiBank Priority accounts allows atm withdrawals up to 2k a day. For me it means both I and my husband can each withdraw that amount.

It's also possible they used a cash advance on their credit cards if they're willing to pay interest - it's not unusual to withdraw 2.5k or more that way.

@Wicked Strong, did you have a chance to see the Prosecutor's PC today? Here it is:

It seems that it was more important for this prosecutor to hold a press conference on probably the biggest and most publicized case of her career in order to announce charges before actually having the accused in custody!

No one, including me, has accused them of pointing the gun. But they enabled him to the highest degree by refusing to get him help, buying him the gun and giving him easy access to it and the ammunition. This isn’t anything to be argued about - these are the facts of the case, as laid out by the authorities.

<hugs> to you Arkay. I'm so sorry for what you've been through.

thank you so much, @Snoopster

I haven’t even seen her in four years, but I’m raising one of her children.

I never blame parents right away because I know what we’ve been through. However in this case the parents bear much of the blame, IMO. Without them he couldn’t have had a gun at all. Even if he tried to circumvent them and purchase a gun online, he’d need their credit card number.

Therefore this plus the parents’ subsequent actions do make them an integral part of this crime.

Thank you again—it’s hard to admit my own daughter is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrypaul