MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, shooting at Oxford High School, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's become a sad society when pitchforks are drawn before facts are known. Media lies sometimes, twists information sometimes, I am not on any side, but truth before fiction. MOO

Did you watch the press conference? It was law enforcement talking....not media. That's where the info came from. If you choose not to believe law enforcement when they put out very specific information (as opposed to, "no one is a suspect at this time", or, "the family is cooperating"), then I don't know what to say to you.

They bought him a gun as a present. He drew disturbing things on a paper that he left on his school desk. His teacher turned it in to the office. His parents were called in and asked to take him to get medical help. They refused and sent him back to class. He then killed his schoolmates.

But, yeah, let's not jump on a 'bandwagon'. I'm sure they were caring parents. <sarcasm>

I totally agree that parents in general shouldn't be charged as they can have out-of-control kids that they've tried to get help for. And my heart breaks for these kind of parents. It must be devastating for them. This does not seem to be that case in this circumstance though. The Crumbleys were enablers, based on what we've seen so far in the media. Let them absolve themselves in the court.

ETA: corrected typo
Good post, @Snoopster.

A motel and some fast food for a few days does not cost $4000 lol, especially when they were "planning to be at their arraignment."
The $4000 is not trackable like credit cards are. They definitely fled. As for LE stating they don't know if they're armed...bet on it they are.
They will be caught.

This is not from the media. This is from the INVESTIGATION and the district attorney.

Yes, the blonde woman talking is the Karen McDonald, Oakland County prosecutor, not a reporter. She and the county sheriff's office have been working with the FBI, U.S. Marshal's Service and other LE agencies to gather evidence and file charges.

Oakland County Prosecutor's Office | Prosecutor

ETA: The plane and Oakland County helicopter are still circling that area just northeast of the Oakland County Airport

AIR1 Airlift Flight Tracking and History - FlightAware

Last edited:
This is not from the media. This is from the INVESTIGATION and the district attorney.
Did the parents point the gun? Pull the trigger? I didn't see that in any news report. I'm simply saying that people are grieving, and they are rightfully so, but those of us who are less removed need to consider other options. <modsnip> MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
They are charging the parents because they sat down and saw the pictures their son drew and said nothing about the fact that they just bought him a gun when they knew he was a huge risk. They did not check to see if he had the gun and let him go back to class. This is straight from the prosecutor's mouth just now on CNN

So much happened in such a short time span. In a matter of days lives were changed forever, families destroyed. I grew up in SE Michigan and stories like this are nearly impossible to grasp. I still remember the Marysville shooting here in Washington. Will it never end?

In hopes of better understanding how events unfolded I put together a timeline, paraphrasing from msm. Feel free to correct.

Prosecutor Lays Out Disturbing Timeline Explaining Why Oxford School Shooting Suspect's Parents Were Charged
Friday November 26: Dad buys EC a gun. EC posts on social media: “Just got my new beauty today. SIG SAUER 9mm.” The post included heart emoji.

Saturday, November 27: Mom JC posts on social media: “mom and son day testing out his new Christmas present.”

Monday, November 29: Oxford High School teacher sees EC searching about ammunition on his cellphone during class and reports it to school officials.
- School officials left JC a voicemail, no reply received.
- School officials then sent an email to the parents, no reply from either of them.
- JC sends text to EC: “LOL I’m not mad at you. You have to learn not to get caught.”

Tuesday, November 30 am: EC's teacher sees a note that “alarmed her to the point that she took a picture of it on her cell phone.”
- The note contained a drawing of a semiautomatic handgun pointing at the words: "the thoughts won’t stop help me,” and included a drawing of a bullet with “blood everywhere” written above it.
- Between the drawing of the gun and the bullet was a drawing of a person who appears to have been shot twice and bleeding. Below that figure is a drawing of a laughing emoji.
- Parents were called to the school. A school counselor took EC and his backpack to the office. By then, the drawing had been altered: The gun drawing, the bloody figure and the words “help me,” “My life is useless,” “The world is dead” and “blood everywhere” had been scratched out.
- Parents were shown the drawing and told they must get counseling for their son within 48 hours.
- Parents didn't ask about the gun (which EC had in his backpack) and refused to take EC home. He was returned to class.

Tuesday, November 30, beginning ~ 1 pm: School surveillance cameras show EC exiting a bathroom without his backpack and with a gun in his hand. Just outside the bathroom EC began shooting, walking down the hallway at a “methodical pace,” shooting inside classrooms and at students who hadn’t escaped.
- 1:22 pm, after hearing news of the shooting JC texted EC: “Ethan, don’t do it.”
- 1:37 p.m., dad JC called 911, saying a gun was missing from his house, and he believed his son may be the shooter.
- The gun had been stored unlocked in a drawer in the parents' bedroom.
Mom had a gut feeling? Or knew EC was dangerous? She text before dad found gun missing?

Law enforcement sources say that the couple withdrew $4,000 from an ATM and have not been seen since Thursday night, when they were under surveillance at a motel where they had been staying since the shooting.
Due to a communication breakdown between agencies, the surveillance was suspended by Friday morning and the parents left the motel unobserved before the charges were announced by prosecutors, according to WDIV-TV.

ETA:
@lookner
CNN also reporting that the school shooter's parents withdrew $4,000 while in Rochester Hills, the city in which they were supposed to show up for their arraignment today

CNN reports that investigators had been keeping track of school shooter's parents via cell phone pings but "at some point the cell phones were turned off and it seems that the trail went cold."

I am surprised to hear $4,000 was withdrawn from an ATM. I am surprised there is a bank/ATM that allows that amount to be withdrawn in a 24 hour period.

Did the parents point the gun? Pull the trigger? I didn't see that in any news report. I'm simply saying that people are grieving, and they are rightfully so, but those of us who are less removed need to consider other options. I have also read that the boy might be autistic. I know a prominent government official in my area that has an autistic child, he is a molester, he has been charged twice. Family is a great family, yet they are being punished because of their sons' actions. MOO

No one is blaming any parents for having children with major problems/challenges/issues. But in this case the parents refused to get help for him.

The Daily Mail is reporting that the parents were under surveillance until Thursday night, at a hotel they were staying. Per the DM, there was a breakdown in communication b/w LE, and the parents are now missing (on their way to turn themselves in, per their attorney). As usual, the DM is heavy on photos, and quick to publish, but we know that they are not immune to factual, as well as spelling and grammar errors, so take it all at your own risk, YMMV, JMO.

Parents of Michigan school shooter Ethan Crumbley charged with manslaughter | Daily Mail Online

So much happened in such a short time span. In a matter of days lives were changed forever, families destroyed. I grew up in SE Michigan and stories like this are nearly impossible to grasp. I still remember the Marysville shooting here in Washington. Will it never end?

In hopes of better understanding how events unfolded I put together a timeline, paraphrasing from msm. Feel free to correct.

Prosecutor Lays Out Disturbing Timeline Explaining Why Oxford School Shooting Suspect's Parents Were Charged
Friday November 26: Dad buys EC a gun. EC posts on social media: “Just got my new beauty today. SIG SAUER 9mm.” The post included heart emoji.

Saturday, November 27: Mom JC posts on social media: “mom and son day testing out his new Christmas present.”

Monday, November 29: Oxford High School teacher sees EC searching about ammunition on his cellphone during class and reports it to school officials.
- School officials left JC a voicemail, no reply received.
- School officials then sent an email to the parents, no reply from either of them.
- JC sends text to EC: “LOL I’m not mad at you. You have to learn not to get caught.”

Tuesday, November 30 am: EC's teacher sees a note that “alarmed her to the point that she took a picture of it on her cell phone.”
- The note contained a drawing of a semiautomatic handgun pointing at the words: "the thoughts won’t stop help me,” and included a drawing of a bullet with “blood everywhere” written above it.
- Between the drawing of the gun and the bullet was a drawing of a person who appears to have been shot twice and bleeding. Below that figure is a drawing of a laughing emoji.
- Parents were called to the school. A school counselor took EC and his backpack to the office. By then, the drawing had been altered: The gun drawing, the bloody figure and the words “help me,” “My life is useless,” “The world is dead” and “blood everywhere” had been scratched out.
- Parents were shown the drawing and told they must get counseling for their son within 48 hours.
- Parents didn't ask about the gun (which EC had in his backpack) and refused to take EC home. He was returned to class.

Tuesday, November 30, beginning ~ 1 pm: School surveillance cameras show EC exiting a bathroom without his backpack and with a gun in his hand. Just outside the bathroom EC began shooting, walking down the hallway at a “methodical pace,” shooting inside classrooms and at students who hadn’t escaped.
- 1:22 pm, after hearing news of the shooting JC texted EC: “Ethan, don’t do it.”
- 1:37 p.m., dad JC called 911, saying a gun was missing from his house, and he believed his son may be the shooter.
- The gun had been stored unlocked in a drawer in the parents' bedroom.
Mom had a gut feeling? Or knew EC was dangerous? She text before dad found gun missing?
<modsnip>

I know someone from the area near the school and some of the kids who attend that school go to his church.

A terrible tragedy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member