MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, shooting at Oxford High School, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTE:

No gun control discussion folks. It is not allowed at WS because it leads to bickering over the pros and cons, feelings get hurt, and nothing that is said at Websleuths will ever change anything in that regard.

Thanks for your understanding.

Is that rude? I’ve always thought of it as acknowledging and being respectful of what that member was saying. I’m sorry also if I’m out of line on that.
Not rude at all. I understand. There is never the right thing to say or in todays world the right emoji. love in any form is appreciated for the vicims and their families and friends

Also a 4th victim has died, a 17 year old young man (JS) who was previously in critical condition.

I am not speaking on the suspect because he doesn't deserve to be mentioned, only on the community
If you are from the area there are so many ways to support Oxford and the community.
There are many prayer services tonight, tomorrow and this weekend around Oxford and Lake Orion if anyone would like to attend. This Friday there will be a community wide prayer vigil on M-24 (Lapeer) in Oxford at 6:30. M-24 will be closed for the vigil, so please plan accordingly. Also Urban Air is open all day tomorrow at no cost for anyone who wants to relieve anxiety/stress by jumping on trampolines. On a side note they are looking for volunteers to help for the day, since most of the employees are Oxford students. Any Genisys Bank in Michigan is collecting donations with 100% going directly to victims and there families
Starbucks in Lake Orion closed today so that they could spend the day delivering coffee and snacks to Oxford, Lake Orion and Oakland County sheriffs as well as the 3 hospitals the victims are at. This is what makes this community #Oxford Strong

All the parents had to do was look at his social media to see he was disturbed.I find it hard to believe they were that clueless and I'm sorry but no guns should have ever been brought into that household with a troubled child.
I've seen interviews with several young people, and their parents, who knew something was up, although not exactly what, and the kids said they didn't want to go to school that day and/or their parents kept them home, and they were glad they made that decision.

I also saw the Zoom footage of the booking on CNN (okay, I don't think it should have been televised, but too late now) and I thought his parents looked absolutely crushed, and who could blame them? In the meantime, hearing about how authorities are looking into charging them, maybe they're more concerned for themselves than they otherwise would have been.

Now to read the rear of the thread.

I've seen interviews with several young people, and their parents, who knew something was up, although not exactly what, and the kids said they didn't want to go to school that day and/or their parents kept them home, and they were glad they made that decision.

I also saw the Zoom footage of the booking on CNN (okay, I don't think it should have been televised, but too late now) and I thought his parents looked absolutely crushed, and who could blame them? In the meantime, hearing about how authorities are looking into charging them, maybe they're more concerned for themselves than they otherwise would have been.

Now to read the rear of the thread.
If that is true, there must have been rumors around and quite clear ones that this was somewhat likely to happen. Someone knew something for students to want to miss that day or parents who kept their kids at home. Why didn't the school know that?

If that is true, there must have been rumors around and quite clear ones that this was somewhat likely to happen. Someone knew something for students to want to miss that day or parents who kept their kids at home. Why didn't the school know that?

The school DID know! There was probably an element of denial going on, among other things.

The school DID know! There was probably an element of denial going on, among other things.

Unfortunately, there is a limit to what schools can do. It's possible that the meeting with parents yesterday morning was because of those rumors. You can't take disciplinary action against a student because they *might* do something. Parents need to step up, too.

I am not in any way saying that bullying is an excuse for this guy's behavior AT ALL.

Nor do we have confirmation that he was bullied, but I tend to believe the students who say he was over the reports that the school had no record of him being bullied. Reporting a bully will just get you more bullying if the bully is confronted by school authorities.

As someone who was bullied at the age of 7, I can tell you right now that I am still affected by it 50 decades later. My bullies did things to me that I have never been able to reveal to another human being, not even the multiple therapists I've had over the those decades.

In my case the bullying lasted only that one year, but I can understand how someone who had been bullied long-term could snap. There have been documented cases of kids who were being bullied killing themselves. It's not a reach to me to think that other kids being bullied might lash out at others instead of themselves.

Again, I am not making excuses for his behavior on account of the alleged bullying. I'm saying that being bullied can really mess a person up for the long term. Feeling resentment over that damage isn't grievance collecting, IMO, it's recognizing that damage has been done.

Plenty of people, including myself, have been bullied and not inflicted violence on other people. But it seems to me that so many of these school shooters have been bullied that if society wants to prevent them, it might start to think of being bullied as a contributing factor (NOT AN EXCUSE) and examine what might be done to mitigate that factor.

The Michigan school shooting suspect allegedly declared “now I become death....

Now, that is strange.

The quote is from Hindu scripture and was also uttered by one of the atomic bomb scientists / engineers (Oppenheimer?) upon witnessing the atomic bomb test in New Mexico.

The full quote goes something like: "And now I have become death, destroyer of worlds" .

I think the quote is attributed to the Hindu god Shiva. As a further side note, I believe some Hindu gods are dual natured. The natures might be opposites, though I am not sure.

In either case, very few high schoolers are familiar with atomic bomb scientists or Hindu scriptures. Perhaps the perpetrator is a voracious reader?

If the perpetrator is not academically inclined, I wonder where he obtained the quote from? It does not seem like something one would readily find on a google search.

This could in turn perhaps indicate that he was being groomed, "fed" or perhaps directed by another party?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member