Found Deceased MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I read this thread daily but haven't posted because I feel like we are going around in circles due to limited information from LE. It's frustrating to not have any updates and, seemingly, little or no progress in the case. Adrienne has been missing for two months. Her family and friends deserve answers to her whereabouts. Praying that Ada is found soon.

I think Adrienne's family and friends have a good idea and answers of what happened to her. They do not seem to be going full force trying to find her. Use the collected funds to hire a private investigator? Haven't heard from the son. No more reward money? There are facts to this case that the family knows that they are not sharing.

I think Adrienne's family and friends have a good idea and answers of what happened to her. They do not seem to be going full force trying to find her. Use the collected funds to hire a private investigator? Haven't heard from the son. No more reward money? There are facts to this case that the family knows that they are not sharing.
There was a reward offered by the family weeks ago. The family has been very active trying to find her, the sister being the most prominent. This happens in most situations like this, where one family member is just more comfortable dealing with the media, so the take that role. I wouldn't think anything about the son not being on TV every day.

Lets also remember that the media decides who and what you see. If a missing person is a cute little girl or a bubbly and beautiful college student, they get nightly coverage. Ada is pushing 50, unemployed, and dating a biker, she is simply not newsworthy and will probably not be mentioned on CNN or any of the other news agencies.

Last edited:
If the space heater is electric that wouldn’t be a problem, just if it’s gas or propane. But someone mentioned the dog wasn’t harmed. Good thought though GizzardMan.

If Ada had been overcome by carbon monoxide or suffered another type of health crisis, I think she would have been found in or near the cabin.

Adrienne was not receiving workers comp. After the injury and surgeries in 2015, she was released to work. She then had a (great) job for a short time-not long enough to be eligible for any benefits. But, she’s always been resourceful and never really required much. Whether she lived in Warren or Bloomfield. If she had $10 and someone needed $9.50, it was theirs. It’s never been a concern for her that she was left with only 50 cents. I’ll say it again, she’s extremely intelligent, sometimes to a fault. One seemingly simple idea can turn into a multi-faceted engineering feat that can have others shaking their heads at the extended complexity of the final plan/idea.

BBM

@cabff - Can you expand on this? What do you mean by simple idea that has others shaking their heads with extended complexity of the final plan? Wondering if you think it is possible she staged this?

BBM

@cabff - Can you expand on this? What do you mean by simple idea that has others shaking their heads with extended complexity of the final plan? Wondering if you think it is possible she staged this?
I think what cabff was lying is that although trying to escape through the window with an unloaded gun might seem like a bad plan, Ada may have had an ulterior motive that we don't understand. I get that, we just don't know everything. Lets say the men outside were threatening to douse the house with gasoline and light a match? In this scenario, getting to the roof might be the smartest thing to do. That said, that scenario could have been used as a ploy to get her to quickly vacate the cabin.

I think what cabff was lying is that although trying to escape through the window with an unloaded gun might seem like a bad plan, Ada may have had an ulterior motive that we don't understand. I get that, we just don't know everything. Lets say the men outside were threatening to douse the house with gasoline and light a match? In this scenario, getting to the roof might be the smartest thing to do. That said, that scenario could have been used as a ploy to get her to quickly vacate the cabin.

[BBM]

I know you meant: "I think what cabff was saying . . .."

Last edited:
'Light the Night' for Adrienne Quintal

“Friends and family are asking the community to "Light the Night for Ada."

On Sunday, December 22nd you can show support by turning on a porch light.“

Outdoor lights (front porch and garage) are on timers and always on from 5:00-10:00PM. Will light indoor holiday candles for Ada, as well.

BBM

I took that to mean Adrienne could take a simple seed and multiply it into a full blown farm field. In other words, if someone suggested a design concept, she took it further and built the machines and the factory. MOO.

This is the point that causes me to rethink this whole case. She is alone in the cabin, two men outside. There are no shots fired in to the cabin, and no apparent attempts at forced entry. Yet she does not reload! Instead she heads to the roof and abandons her safe refuge. Why didn't she reload and call 911? She appears to have done the exact opposite of what any sane person would have done.

After taking a break from this case for a few days, I am now wondering if she just wandered off in a state of deluded and paranoid.

I have read that when adults are in the “fight or flight” mode, their mental reasoning is that of an 8 yr old child. This may explain why she wasn’t thinking clearly or as we feel a “sane” person would.

from family~~
The search is over. We have not stopped searching for Ada for the past 9 1/2 weeks. Today we found her. We are heartbroken as the search did not have a positive ending. There are too many people to thank in this post. Know I am truly grateful for the thoughts and prayers during this journey. I’m too heartbroken to add more at this time. Please turn on your lights tomorrow in remembrance of Ada...

from family~~
The search is over. We have not stopped searching for Ada for the past 9 1/2 weeks. Today we found her. We are heartbroken as the search did not have a positive ending. There are too many people to thank in this post. Know I am truly grateful for the thoughts and prayers during this journey. I’m too heartbroken to add more at this time. Please turn on your lights tomorrow in remembrance of Ada...
Wow. At least she’s been found and the family has some answers. RIP Ada. I have to wonder what happened to her. She was highly skilled in hunting and firearms. I don’t get it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INSP MORSE
Back