MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The key piece of evidence here is why she didn't call her boyfriend if she was in trouble?

Even more inexplicably, whey didn't she dial 911 if she was in trouble?

The only answer that makes sense to me is that she didn't want LE coming out to the cabin for some reason.

Likely either b/c it was some type of domestic dispute, or there was some type of illicit activity going on at the time.

Alternatively, she may not have recognized just exactly how dangerous the situation was, and it escalated quickly after she called her friend.

JMO.

Last edited:
I'm going to assume that the boyfriend wouldn't have an alibi for 2:45 am, unless he happened to be sleeping with someone else. My guess, he killed her, came home for a couple of days, then decided to go back and dispose of the body. While there he uses her phone to call a friend and whispers "help me". There is no 911 call because he knows that would be recorded.
Michigan woman missing after trip to remote cabin, making early-morning call for help, police say
Quintal's son, Nick White, told FOX2 on Monday that his mother went up north with her boyfriend to the family cabin, but the boyfriend returned to their home in Southfield, Mich. on Tuesday, Oct. 15, two days before Quintal was reported missing.

"He was up there with her, he came home to drop supplies off, we are working on the condo here," White said.

Adrienne-Quintal.jpeg

Adrienne Quintal was last heard from on Oct. 17, when she made an early-morning call to someone asking for help, according to police. (Benzie County Sheriff's Office)

Quintal was at the cabin to do some work on it, according to White.

"She was also just getting ready for hunting and hanging out and enjoying the wildlife," he told FOX2.

Has an attack by a wild animal been excluded? Could she have been chased out of the cabin?

Do we know the legth of the distress call to the friend? It must have been pretty short since the police arrived so quickly. The cabin must not be that remote.

If her bf was back home, perhaps he was too far away to have been able to help. Maybe the friend lived in the area.

If she was a hunter, were there any weapons found in the cabin? Could she have used them for self-defence? She had time to make a call so maybe she could have grabbed a weapon.

Last edited:
Even more inexplicably, whey didn't she dial 911 if she was in trouble?

The only answer that makes sense to me is that she didn't want LE coming out to the cabin for some reason.

Likely either b/c it was some type of domestic dispute, or there was some type of illicit activity going on at the time.

Alternatively, she may not have recognized just exactly how dangerous the situation was, and it escalated quickly after she called her friend.

JMO.
Certainly in an emergency 911 would be your first option, a husband or boyfriend might be your second. This tells me that the call was not what it appears, not a genuine cry for help. The person that made the call wanted somebody to come to the cabin, just not too quickly. IMO AQ was gone before the call was even made.

Search for missing Benzie County woman goes to the sky

On Tuesday, Michigan State Police, Benzie County deputies and the Michigan Department of Natural Resources launched a drone to map the area and keep track of where they are searching.

Crews are also searching on the ground with K-9 units.

Right now, investigators are searching about a half-mile radius all the way around the house.

0e3e4712-89c8-475f-8777-10acb108c25b-Quintalsearch3.jpeg cca63d58-b40a-4cfe-98c8-febf7a5f64cf-Quintalsearch.jpeg 819fc752-3765-437d-b40d-2bd75633d0d6-Quintalsearch2.jpeg 2755c131-6cb4-46c6-b94a-6bf0f75591e6-Quintal.jpg

(*video at link)

I've never been in a situation where I was threatened or panicked and had to call for help but I imagine it might be difficult first to even get to my phone and second to even find the keypad then find the numbers to dial 911. I'd probably just hit my last called call and hope it goes through. Plus, if I had the phone behind me or hidden and couldn't see it but could only feel it, then what? If I only had a second to get one call off quickly, then what? Not sure I'd be able to call 911.

It borders on victim blaming all this talk about why she didn't call 911. Saying there may not have been 911 service there is enough IMO. We do the best we can in whatever situation we're in.

The search: also this says she went up north to visit her boyfriend- that puts up in air if he "returned " to Detroit to bring supplies or where he lived.
Community Volunteers Join Search for Missing Downstate Woman in Benzie Co. - 9 & 10 News
According to her son, the boyfriend did return (BBM):

FOX 2 is told Quintal went up north with her boyfriend, but her son says that man came back to their place in Southfield on Tuesday, a couple days before she was noticed missing.

"He was up there with her, he came home to drop supplies off, we are working on the condo here," White said.

Southfield woman goes missing in northern Michigan, sheriffs find foul play evidence

Wait, you’re saying to stop speculating and theorizing and looking for clues but instead send “thoughts and prayers”? You don’t know websleuths very well! The only reason we do speculate is to get helpful ideas out to help find people and get them home no matter what and justice if needed! We’re all on the same team!

Who said to stop speculating? if you were referring to me I just mentioned I am at the point (without further informaiton) I can no longer speculate on this one. That whole "evidence of foul play" is where I'm stuck. Maybe they will clarify soon.

Who said to stop speculating? if you were referring to me I just mentioned I am at the point (without further informaiton) I can no longer speculate on this one. That whole "evidence of foul play" is where I'm stuck. Maybe they will clarify soon.
I was wondering too, but I think there may have been a post deleted that Dre was referring to? I was having trouble following!

Search Continues for Missing Woman in Benzie County - 9 & 10 News

[...]

Adrienne Quintal is from Warren but drove up to her family’s cabin in Honor with her boyfriend about three weeks ago.

The Benzie County Sheriff’s Office tells us the boyfriend left the area on Tuesday last week but Adrienne stayed.

[...]
Southfield woman goes missing in northern Michigan, sheriffs find foul play evidence

[NW] says his mom was at the family cottage in Honor, Michigan near Traverse City, about 200 miles from metro Detroit.

[...]

They searched an area of Benzie County in Honor where the 47-year-old was staying at a home on Indian Hill Road. It is a place her son says she is quite familiar with, having gone there since she was a child.

"We have a family cottage," [NW] said. "She was doing work on the house. She was also just getting ready for hunting and hanging out and enjoying the wildlife."

But according to the Benzie sheriff, Quintal called a friend in Warren asking for help. That person called law enforcement, who arrived at the cottage within 13 minutes.

There was no sign of Quintal but they did find signs of foul play. Her phone, purse, and car were still there on the property. The search began immediately.

[...]

FOX 2 is told Quintal went up north with her boyfriend, but her son says that man came back to their place in Southfield on Tuesday, a couple days before she was noticed missing.

"He was up there with her, he came home to drop supplies off, we are working on the condo here," [NW] said.

(*there's another photo of her at link)

So I'm totally confused... Perhaps I missed something....

Most articles I have read state that AQ is from Warren.

The articles that her son is referenced mention he and AQ's boyfriend are repairing a condo in Southfield, which he vaguely refers to as "their" place.

Only the title of this one article seems to state that AQ is from Southfield.

According to google, Southfield is 20 minutes away from Warren.

According to "cabff", AQ doesn't live in Warren.

So where does she live and who with?
Maybe simply Southfield in a condo with bf and son or?

And who does she know in Warren?

According to her son, the boyfriend did return (BBM):

my point exactly- 1 article says he went up north with her- one article says she went up north to" visit him" -which is it?

So I'm totally confused... Perhaps I missed something....

Most articles I have read state that AQ is from Warren.

The articles that her son is referenced mention he and AQ's boyfriend are repairing a condo in Southfield, which he vaguely refers to as "their" place.

Only the title of this one article seems to state that AQ is from Southfield.

According to google, Southfield is 20 minutes away from Warren.

According to "cabff", AQ doesn't live in Warren.

So where does she live and who with?
Maybe simply Southfield in a condo with bf and son or?

And who does she know in Warren?
read "more" in post #29 new member 1 post cabf explains I think

my point exactly- 1 article says he went up north with her- one article says she went up north to" visit him" -which is it?
Every case I follow on WS seems to have the same questions...based on lousy, inaccurate and often rushed reporting from different MSM sources. It continues to be frustrating as h...e...double hockey sticks.

Last edited:

Ahh, I missed your post at a bracket was chopped off the last quote close.
Glad to have someone who seems to know her here.

edit: this is referance cabff's post which wouldn't quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LowStuff5019