MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been in a situation where I was threatened or panicked and had to call for help but I imagine it might be difficult first to even get to my phone and second to even find the keypad then find the numbers to dial 911. I'd probably just hit my last called call and hope it goes through. Plus, if I had the phone behind me or hidden and couldn't see it but could only feel it, then what? If I only had a second to get one call off quickly, then what? Not sure I'd be able to call 911.

It borders on victim blaming all this talk about why she didn't call 911. Saying there may not have been 911 service there is enough IMO. We do the best we can in whatever situation we're in.
I was in a wreck and when I kept trying to call the police ( it was a hit and run , then she conked out up the block LOL) but I couldn't do it , I ended up calling the last # called , my coworker had called me at lunch...even getting my mouth to work wasn't happening ....just FYI

Michigan mother Adrienne Quintal, 47, missing 5 days after call to friend for help from remote cabin | Daily Mail Online
SFA:

Officers said Friday that they 'observed evidence of possible foul play' but it wasn't clear whether the woman – who goes by the name Ada - 'is missing voluntarily or in danger'.

Quintal left behind her 'personal property, including her vehicle, cellphone, and purse,' Belize County Sheriff's Office stated.

Her son said Quintal's boyfriend had returned Tuesday to their home in Southfield. The couple had been working on a project at the cabin up north.

The Sheriff's Office and Michigan State Police conducted a K-9 track and ground search of the area, 'without success' and on Saturday the Benzie County Office of Emergency Management and the Benzie-Manistee Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) looked in the area surrounding the residence as part of a group of 20 people.

And in this article, it states she lives in Southfield.

I've never been in a situation where I was threatened or panicked and had to call for help but I imagine it might be difficult first to even get to my phone and second to even find the keypad then find the numbers to dial 911. I'd probably just hit my last called call and hope it goes through. Plus, if I had the phone behind me or hidden and couldn't see it but could only feel it, then what? If I only had a second to get one call off quickly, then what? Not sure I'd be able to call 911.

It borders on victim blaming all this talk about why she didn't call 911. Saying there may not have been 911 service there is enough IMO. We do the best we can in whatever situation we're in.
I don’t see it as victim blaming at all. There’s several reasons why this call may have been to a friend (and not 911), that could be very telling.

Yes, she could have been panicked and not thinking clearly. But there might be another reason for this:

She didn’t make that call.

She knew the perpetrator and wasn’t sure what she was dealing with.

She was fearful of escalating the situation.

This is an important aspect to explore.

Missing Michigan Woman Update: Adrienne Quintal Called Friend For Help Before Vanishing From Family Cabin
SABBM:

“We had state police and the dog searching all through that morning,” Quintal’s son Nick White told Detroit FOX affiliate WJBK. “The next day we had a search party come out. My family and I also did a search as well.

White also told WJBK that Quintal had traveled to the cabin with her boyfriend to prepare it for the rest of the family ahead of hunting season. He then returned to their home in Southfield, Michigan, two days before Quintal disappeared.

As previously reported, it is unclear to police whether she left voluntarily or if she's in danger.

I know she called a friend, but it's still important to establish when the last verified independent sighting of AQ occurred. I'm sure that's one of the things LE is trying to determine right now.

With LE having found unspecified "signs of foul play," I wonder why they're prevaricating right now re: whether she's involuntarily missing or not.

I'm thinking perhaps they don't want to tip someone off to their suspicions.

JMO.

If she had called the friend in a panic thinking a burglar / squatter / stranger was on her property or breaking in or was already in her home, wouldn't LE had shared that information? It would warn residents to use more caution in regards to personal safety and keeping their homes and vehicles locked yet it wouldn't impede the investigation in any way I wouldn't think?

But if she clearly knew or had identified the person by name, there's plenty of reasons LE wouldn't share that information

They haven't shared those details. :oops:

RUMOR: I've read that the police scanner reported the call as a domestic. Can we get any archives from Benzie Police scanners to see if this is the case? I've looked but so far nothing. UGH. Again, this is not confirmed. IMO

I don’t see it as victim blaming at all. There’s several reasons why this call may have been to a friend (and not 911), that could be very telling.

Yes, she could have been panicked and not thinking clearly. But there might be another reason for this:

There was at least one comment that suggested she was up to no good there and maybe didn't want LE on the property.

In what scenario would she call a friend for help in the middle of the night and then go voluntarily missing, leaving everything behind?

The only ones I can think of would be the following:
  • Running out of the house to escape an attacker
  • Altered mental status, i.e., psychotic episode, delusional, etc.
  • Staged disappearance
Aside from those three scenarios, if a person then comes up missing after having made a distress call,
the only logical explanation would be that the person went involuntarily missing.

Given that LE says they found signs of foul play at the cabin and that AQ remains missing, my main man William of Occam says that the overwhelming likelihood is that she's involuntarily missing.

What's more, William says that the reason LE found signs of foul play is because there was foul play.

JMO.

Perhaps she called this other person and asked him or her to call 911, thinking she might not have the time to be on the line to give all the info 911 requests when receiving a call. 911 will call back if hung up on (I know from dialing by accident) and maybe she was trying to remain quiet and hidden from whomever or whatever appeared threatening. JMO

Last edited:
The only ones I can think of would be the following:
  • Running out of the house to escape an attacker
  • Altered mental status, i.e., psychotic episode, delusional, etc.
  • Staged disappearance
Aside from those three scenarios, if a person then comes up missing after having made a distress call,
the only logical explanation would be that the person went involuntarily missing.

Given that LE says they found signs of foul play at the cabin and that AQ remains missing, my main man William of Occam says that the overwhelming likelihood is that she's involuntarily missing.

What's more, William says that the reason LE found signs of foul play is because there was foul play.

JMO.

Your main man sounds like a smart guy!

I tend to agree with him. MOO

Benzie County Sheriff FB Page
Benzie County Sheriff

First FB Post about Adrienne
Benzie County Sheriff

2nd FB post/update about Adrienne
Benzie County Sheriff

(Haven't read to see if there are any "interesting" comments on either post yet)

Benzie County Website
Welcome to Benzie County, Michigan

Website for Benzie County 911 Dispatch
9 1 1 CENTRAL DISPATCH

Website For Benzie Co Sheriff's Office
(Seems to be just a form to submit tips?)
County Sheriff

(I'm not seeing anything for Police call logs after just a quick view of these pages. Am I missing it? Would they be available somewhere else like for that specific city's police department vs county or are they just not available online at all?)

Outside of a few searches the police have been pretty quiet. I think they are looking for a body & already know who the perp is. I think there's a 99% chance the person she called told the police who to look for. jmo

So here are the main questions, IMO:
1. Did any one see or talk to Adrienne after BF returned home?
2. Who is the "Friend" who she allegedly called asking for help?
3. Can LE verify that the call to the "Friend" was actually made? Were there other calls made from her cell phone AFTER the call to the "Friend"?

So here are the main questions, IMO:
1. Did any one see or talk to Adrienne after BF returned home?
2. Who is the "Friend" who she allegedly called asking for help?
3. Can LE verify that the call to the "Friend" was actually made? Were there other calls made from her cell phone AFTER the call to the "Friend"?
I don't see the importance of Adrienne talking to someone after boyfriend returned home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214