MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry- hope you know we only had small amount of info available- for days. Thanks for sharing. Now down to it. Please tell us everything . What's been done, who did she call? what she said etc. Our group has been know to do great things but with no info we can only speculate. Any thing helps. Of course we can pray . Like did she work? Was she retired? Who is pushing police to do more? Thanks for showing up, we deed you -but can't help with nothing.
My apologies, anxiety level is high. I saw something that didn’t sit well with me and responded in defense.
I now understand what this forum is about. Although I know a bit more than the media (LE), at this time, I wouldn’t share that. There must be a reason why they aren’t making that public. Therefore, I won’t. I can say that it wasn’t unusual for Adrienne to go to the cabin alone. She loves hunting and the property is near and dear to her heart. As for why she didn’t call 911, speculation. And since I haven’t talked to her in a while (not unusual for us), I don’t know what her state of mind was. But, reflex/reaction often leads to things such as calling someone familiar as opposed to 911. I’ve done the same, just not under these circumstances.
Someone asked so...She was not employed. I can’t confirm who she called but I have a pretty good idea. She has family and others behind her and they are pushing. There is talk of other measures to “motivate” people to come forward.
The cabin grounds are dirt, the driveway is dirt. The cabin is pretty much surrounded by mostly pine trees with exception of the front door area. But even there, the trees aren’t far off. The “other cabin” is the family’s 2nd which is mostly used by another family member, although the family is close and all are welcome at either place. I will say this-I do not believe that there is any conceivable way that she is lost somewhere on that property. She not only knows it like the back of her hand, but she also is very well versed in survival skills. She studied until she knew it all. She’s a very intelligent and resourceful lady. In line with that, she knows not to walk outside if she feels threatened by wildlife. There are definitely bears there but she’s way too smart to try to take on a bear.
I really wish I could share more but until LE make things public, I won’t be the one to do that. For now, I will just ride it out.

Re: not calling 911, you really never know how you will behave when in fear/shock/danger. I had something terrible happen when I was younger, and I couldn’t think. 911 never crossed my mind, I called the one number I had memorized, our neighbor down the street. It was absolutely the sort of situation that required emergency services but my brain went on autopilot.

So, she may have been unable to think logically...

@cabff - Thank you for the information you are able to contribute. While we “websleuthers” ask a lot of questions, it is all in an effort to help find the missing, and I’m sorry your beloved friend is missing. You, Adrienne, and her family are in my thoughts. I’m hoping for a positive outcome for Adrienne.

Hi longtime member but haven’t been on in a longtime.

my thoughts on the call are maybe she heard something or someone outside. She’s woken up in middle of night. So calls bf or a friend because she’s nervous like “I think I heard something outside and I am a little freaked out what do you think I should do?” Then while on phone someone or more than one someone enters home and her reaction to it is what made the person on the other end call 911.

I have serious questions. Does the son who said the boyfriend went back to their house know for a fact he was still there when she went missing, does the son live at that home? He may have gone back home and then back to camp IMO.
On another note, did the camp look like someone may have been staying there while it was not occupied? Lots of questions that I could go on and on but I'm afraid I will push it and get a time out.

Maybe he killed her, went home, returned 2 days later and somehow "phoned a friend" pretending to be her, or has someone in cahoots with him.....or maybe HE is the "friend?"

or was it a text? I know they said phone call but I'd like to hear from that friend saying she heard her voice, from 'HER phone number and what Adrienne was afraid of. I know, like I have any rights to these answers.

New thoughts. The person that knew her mentioned she was married before. Do we know anything about that relationship? Is she newly divorced? Was it amicable? Is boyfriend new? Could ex have been upset about that? It’s a longtime family cabin, so I am sure he would know where it is. Or would she have called ex if she was worried about bf? Or called bf if she was worried about ex? Just thinking out loud.

Michigan mother Adrienne Quintal, 47, missing 5 days after call to friend for help from remote cabin | Daily Mail Online

4DBF93CA-FF83-4055-8099-F23EC7C88FD6.jpeg

[…]

The Sheriff's Office and Michigan State Police conducted a K-9 track and ground search of the area, 'without success' and on Saturday the Benzie County Office of Emergency Management and the Benzie-Manistee Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) looked in the area surrounding the residence as part of a group of 20 people.

E812213A-C544-4637-B5D0-1FDF510C98D0.jpeg
He shared a map that showed in red where authorities had looked with K9 dogs and other markings of where loved ones had searched

'We were actually searching almost like the back swampy area from Little Platte Lake up into some very thick hunting woods along Indian Hill Road,' CERT public information officer Glenn Zaring told 9 & 10 News.

'We spent the entire day Saturday up until about 4.30pm, actually going out doing sweeps of these areas.'

[…]

Been thinking about the call to the "friend". If it was in fact a telephone call, one would think that AQ would have given some indication as to the nature of the trouble she was in. As police have not said "the friend was called and alerted of an intruder", one must assume that they have minimal information, and possibly the message was delivered by text. My only struggle with that would be who in the world would be awake to receive a text at 3:00 in the morning? Possibly this person works the graveyard shift?

Drones and K-9 units were deployed as efforts to find a missing woman in Northern Michigan continued Tuesday, Oct. 22, UpNorthLive reports.

On Tuesday, the search around the cabin continued with law enforcement agencies launched a drone to map the area and track the search effort, the report said. K-9 units are also conducting ground searches. The current search area is about a half-mile radius around the cabin.

Michigan State Police, Benzie County Sheriff’s Office and the Michigan Department of Natural Resources are involved in the effort to locate Quintal, UpNorthLive reports.
Police use drones, dogs to search for missing woman in Northern Michigan

My apologies, anxiety level is high. I saw something that didn’t sit well with me and responded in defense.
I now understand what this forum is about. Although I know a bit more than the media (LE), at this time, I wouldn’t share that. There must be a reason why they aren’t making that public. Therefore, I won’t. I can say that it wasn’t unusual for Adrienne to go to the cabin alone. She loves hunting and the property is near and dear to her heart. As for why she didn’t call 911, speculation. And since I haven’t talked to her in a while (not unusual for us), I don’t know what her state of mind was. But, reflex/reaction often leads to things such as calling someone familiar as opposed to 911. I’ve done the same, just not under these circumstances.
Someone asked so...She was not employed. I can’t confirm who she called but I have a pretty good idea. She has family and others behind her and they are pushing. There is talk of other measures to “motivate” people to come forward.
The cabin grounds are dirt, the driveway is dirt. The cabin is pretty much surrounded by mostly pine trees with exception of the front door area. But even there, the trees aren’t far off. The “other cabin” is the family’s 2nd which is mostly used by another family member, although the family is close and all are welcome at either place. I will say this-I do not believe that there is any conceivable way that she is lost somewhere on that property. She not only knows it like the back of her hand, but she also is very well versed in survival skills. She studied until she knew it all. She’s a very intelligent and resourceful lady. In line with that, she knows not to walk outside if she feels threatened by wildlife. There are definitely bears there but she’s way too smart to try to take on a bear.
I really wish I could share more but until LE make things public, I won’t be the one to do that. For now, I will just ride it out.[/QUOTE
Thanks- please please ask the family to join us here , just like you did, and tap the talent here-as there is strength in numbers and this site is such a asset to so many. I hope you change your mind about expressing your views "publicly"-and I hope it is not in fear of some type of future slander lawsuit- I believe there are ways of marking any comment - such as IMO (in my opinion) that relieve you of such vulnerability- but others here would be able to chime in better as I am a newbie - and again thanks for sharing and please consider if what I have suggested might help.

Been thinking about the call to the "friend". If it was in fact a telephone call, one would think that AQ would have given some indication as to the nature of the trouble she was in. As police have not said "the friend was called and alerted of an intruder", one must assume that they have minimal information, and possibly the message was delivered by text. My only struggle with that would be who in the world would be awake to receive a text at 3:00 in the morning? Possibly this person works the graveyard shift?
I would not assume police have minimal information just because they haven't made it public.

Possibly has phone near them when sleeping and was woken by either a call or notification of text.

(Have to admit, I’m someone who keeps my phone on silent overnight, but I really should t in case of an emergency and someone needs to get ahold of me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gypsysoul11