MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Lundy left his phone back in his hometown, drove back up to cabin and was behind her disappearance. Used her phone to text his number, that would place his phone at home/in his mind placing him at home.
Maybe the altercation earlier in the summer was a jealous ex gf. Maybe she was in on this as well. Her voice? Maybe they disposed of AQ earlier in the day. Lundy and X made calls from AQ phone to place AQ at cabin but bought them time to flee the scene.
This Lundy seems like a real prize.
The friend was on the phone for close to 5 minutes. I doubt that anyone could be that convincing. I have no doubt that AQ made that call. But certainly he could have driven her to a remote location and killed her. It would be like finding a needle in a haystack.

One has to wonder, if there actually were people there to abduct her, why they just wouldn't kick in her door and grab her before she had a chance to arm herself? Why would they make noise outside? Just doesn't make sense.

The friend was on the phone for close to 5 minutes. I doubt that anyone could be that convincing. I have no doubt that AQ made that call. But certainly he could have driven her to a remote location and killed her. It would be like finding a needle in a haystack.
We dont know for sure if it was AQ that made the call. If there was back ground noise, her voice as know to friend on other line may not have been real clear. This would not have been a “catching up” with a friend kind of call.
This scenario I mentioned earlier does make sense.
More to go on in this case than the delphi case.

So, she is attacked in the summer. Could she have owed somebody money? Could the attack have been a warning to pay up? She apparently said that she was too scared to return home with Lundy, I wonder if the reason for that was that she knew that her debt hadn't been cleared? All just speculation of course, but could this have motivated her to disappear? She didn't call police herself, she gave the friend the wrong address, and there is absolutely no evidence that anyone else was there. Could she have acquired a vehicle that nobody knew about? So she makes the fake call and simply drives away. And, if Lundy was in on the scheme, it would explain his lack of concern over her disappearance.

Bottom line is that the intruder theory makes no sense based on the evidence. If she was holding intruders at bay with her gun, them outside, her locked inside, why would she not call 911 and hold the bad guys off until they arrived? Crawling outside, where they are makes absolutely no sense. Neither does firing through the windows at noises. If you hear noise in a remote cabin your first thought has to be that its racoons or bears. She had just seen a cougar for god sakes!

Some have speculated that this was a mental episode brought on by drugs or the head injury. My feeling is that if this were the case, she certainly would have been found by now. Also, why would she leave her boots and phone? Great theory, but just too much that doesn't make sense.

Lastly, there is the Lundy theory. He could have driven up there, forced her to make the call, then killed and disposed of her and been back in his bed by the morning, but you would think police would have figured that out by now? I mean if Lundy simply responded to the cougar text, that's pretty much an air tight alibi isn't it? Or is it? Not unreasonable to think that he could have had someone sitting with his phone at home waiting for that text right?

@rickcross Can you expand on this? I don't think I have seen that info before and it certainly could add color to what may have happened. I thought her sister said in Lordan interview that she was up at the cabin to do some work for her uncle.

I agree fully with all of the above.

Her case reminds me a lot of the Kayelyn Louder case from a while back as far as the prospect of a mental breakdown. If anyone recalls, Kayelyn Louder was walking her dog around outside of her apartment on video in the rain and then later went back inside only to run back out barefoot. She was missing after that but leading up to her disappearance, she had made multiple calls to 911. One where she claimed there was a wild party and shooting at the clubhouse of the apartment. When police arrived they found someone having a party for a wedding and no incident of fighting or guns. She later called 911 again to say that someone had broken into her apartment and they were taking things. She claimed she could hear these people but during the 911 call, the roommate came in to tell her that no on was there and that the door to the apartment was still locked. She was later found in a body of water in the area with no drugs in her system.

As for the boyfriend, I find his actions very strange. Either he knows or thinks he knows what could have happened or he was involved in some way. Him disappearing for days after she is reported missing is very telling. First this woman gets beat up badly being around him and most women in their 40s aren't out getting into fist fights so I would guess there was an element that was brought on by this man. Then she comes up missing days after this man has booked it back to the condo to 'drop off supplies'. Something definitely fishy there. He was the last one to see her alive. Could they have been into drugs in some way. I know a few addicts and when they binge or fall off the wagon, they usually go away for a few days. This could have played a role in the strange things she was seeing leading up to her disappearance but still wondering why she wasn't found.

I really wish we could hear from this friend of the family and what was really said on that call. Also noted in the gray hughes video on this case, she made a call to Lundy about 50 minutes or so before the alleged shootout. Supposedly she was out walking the dog and came across what she thought was a large cat on the land.

@patcorn can you share the link to this video? I haven't seen it yet and would like to watch. Thanks!

If she was forced to make the call, her friend on the other end of the line would have noticed it, since it was a long call. She told the friend to call the police. The wrong address is a red herring, IMO.

Do we know for a fact she gave the wrong address and friend didn't just hear it wrong? 2900 sounds a lot like 4900 when said out loud.

MOO I’m struggling with the idea that AQ made that phone call at all. IMO the call happened but it wasn’t AQ on the other end. That would explain the mistaken address, the weird, semi-unbelievable late night walk with her dog, the random bullet holes, the gun left behind and AQ being nowhere in sight. IMO if she was scared enough to be shooting up her cabin she would have called 911. But 911 records their calls. This was an intelligent woman from an area where, for lack of better terms, she had to be street smart. IMO she didn’t go missing in the middle of the night, when it would have been dark and difficult to navigate literally anything. IMO she let her guard down and trusted the wrong people and was already gone well before the date of her “disappearance.” Again, MOO.

We don't know Adrienne or what she would do. I am not even confident I would have called 911 in a similar situation. When considering cases like these, it is important to remember that rational conduct can't be applied to people in irrational situations.

Consider this scenario, for example:

Ada and her new dog go for a walk earlier in the evening. She texts her boyfriend to excitedly report that she thought she saw a cougar. She returns to the cabin, goes about her evening and retires for the night, maybe she locks the door now. Sometime in the dead of night, she awakens to strange noises. Perhaps the dog barks. She gets up in her stocking feet, grabs her gun and phone and looks out into the dark. Something spooks her. She calls her boyfriend. He doesn't pick up. She calls her sister. She doesn't pick up. She calls her friend, who answers. Now begin thinking how time elapses from here. She says to her friend, oh my god I think theres someone here. The friend might ask, are you sure, what do you hear, can you see them? Adrienne makes her way slowly downstairs, flipping on the lights for comfort/safety/because she thinks they've gotten inside already. More than a minute has elapsed now. She enters the living room area attached to the porch and through the front windows sees a car's headlights. They're coming up to the house, she says. Perhaps she calls out and fires a warning shot into the ceiling. She's panicking now, adrenaline rushing, instincts taking over. The men are telling her to come out or they'll have to come in and get her - you see, bad guys don't like leaving traces, especially these kind. Things are happening faster now, we're almost 4 minutes on the line. Ada has put the phone down to shoot through the window as the guy comes up her porch steps. She thinks she gets one in the face, and perhaps she does as he sits in a car or on a motorcycle, any evidence carried away with him and the vehicle, or perhaps there are no men at all, and she is experiencing phantom hallucinations brought on my her concussion, stress, lack of sleep or disturbed REM. Her friend tells her hang up and call 911, but Ada is crying, panicked, insisting her life is in danger. The friend tells Ada to get somewhere safe and then hangs up to call 911. Ada flees to the back, away from the perceived threat, and decides the roof is her best vantage point - if they get inside, they won't find her and she has visibility and a better shooting angle from there. She grabs her boots, scrambles out the back window onto the awning and throws her boots and phone ahead of her onto the roof. She is about to climb up after and then...? She drops the gun and vanishes.

So as you can see, in this hypothetical, the need and opportunity to call 911 doesn't come until the friend does it, if the men are criminals, Ada is not going to do it on her own. She is barefoot from being in bed, only had seconds to escape or react. The dog is likely hiding and scared shitless from the gunfire. If she really had OMGs or similar coming for her, this is a plausible situation, and if she was medically hallucinating or on a drug like meth or oxycodone, also plausible. LE has more evidence than they are telling the family or media, I guarantee it. They know exact paths or results of dog searches, infrared and man trackers. They know if there were foreign tire tracks. They know L's history and if he is involved in bad juju, same with Ada's fam and Ada herself. They know if the event in July could be related.

MOO I’m struggling with the idea that AQ made that phone call at all. IMO the call happened but it wasn’t AQ on the other end. That would explain the mistaken address, the weird, semi-unbelievable late night walk with her dog, the random bullet holes, the gun left behind and AQ being nowhere in sight. IMO if she was scared enough to be shooting up her cabin she would have called 911. But 911 records their calls. This was an intelligent woman from an area where, for lack of better terms, she had to be street smart. IMO she didn’t go missing in the middle of the night, when it would have been dark and difficult to navigate literally anything. IMO she let her guard down and trusted the wrong people and was already gone well before the date of her “disappearance.” Again, MOO.
Do we know how long she lived in the area? Other locations of residence show Bloomfield Hills, Birmingham, Warren, and Troy and Applegate. I don't know the area but are they all areas where someone would become street smart? Could it be that she just ended up in this area after divorce and job loss?

Current addresses show Southfield and Applegate while the others show up as prior addresses here:

https://www.whitepages.com/name/Adrienne-Evelyn-Ribbing/Southfield-MI/16szrn08

Her son has Bloomfield Hills as the area he is from on the site:

https://www..com/f/my-mother-one-of-the-most-caring-people-is-missing

We don't know Adrienne or what she would do. I am not even confident I would have called 911 in a similar situation. When considering cases like these, it is important to remember that rational conduct can't be applied to people in irrational situations.

Consider this scenario, for example:

Ada and her new dog go for a walk earlier in the evening. She texts her boyfriend to excitedly report that she thought she saw a cougar. She returns to the cabin, goes about her evening and retires for the night, maybe she locks the door now. Sometime in the dead of night, she awakens to strange noises. Perhaps the dog barks. She gets up in her stocking feet, grabs her gun and phone and looks out into the dark. Something spooks her. She calls her boyfriend. He doesn't pick up. She calls her sister. She doesn't pick up. She calls her friend, who answers. Now begin thinking how time elapses from here. She says to her friend, oh my god I think theres someone here. The friend might ask, are you sure, what do you hear, can you see them? Adrienne makes her way slowly downstairs, flipping on the lights for comfort/safety/because she thinks they've gotten inside already. More than a minute has elapsed now. She enters the living room area attached to the porch and through the front windows sees a car's headlights. They're coming up to the house, she says. Perhaps she calls out and fires a warning shot into the ceiling. She's panicking now, adrenaline rushing, instincts taking over. The men are telling her to come out or they'll have to come in and get her - you see, bad guys don't like leaving traces, especially these kind. Things are happening faster now, we're almost 4 minutes on the line. Ada has put the phone down to shoot through the window as the guy comes up her porch steps. She thinks she gets one in the face, and perhaps she does as he sits in a car or on a motorcycle, any evidence carried away with him and the vehicle, or perhaps there are no men at all, and she is experiencing phantom hallucinations brought on my her concussion, stress, lack of sleep or disturbed REM. Her friend tells her hang up and call 911, but Ada is crying, panicked, insisting her life is in danger. The friend tells Ada to get somewhere safe and then hangs up to call 911. Ada flees to the back, away from the perceived threat, and decides the roof is her best vantage point - if they get inside, they won't find her and she has visibility and a better shooting angle from there. She grabs her boots, scrambles out the back window onto the awning and throws her boots and phone ahead of her onto the roof. She is about to climb up after and then...? She drops the gun and vanishes.

So as you can see, in this hypothetical, the need and opportunity to call 911 doesn't come until the friend does it, if the men are criminals, Ada is not going to do it on her own. She is barefoot from being in bed, only had seconds to escape or react. The dog is likely hiding and scared shitless from the gunfire. If she really had OMGs or similar coming for her, this is a plausible situation, and if she was medically hallucinating or on a drug like meth or oxycodone, also plausible. LE has more evidence than they are telling the family or media, I guarantee it. They know exact paths or results of dog searches, infrared and man trackers. They know if there were foreign tire tracks. They know L's history and if he is involved in bad juju, same with Ada's fam and Ada herself. They know if the event in July could be related.

Yup, that scenario, when you put it that way sounds very plausible. And I 100% agree that LE knows much more than they’re sharing even with family.

Do we know how long she lived in the area? Other locations of residence show Bloomfield Hills, Birmingham, Warren, and Troy and Applegate. I don't know the area but are they all areas where someone would become street smart? Could it be that she just ended up in this area after divorce and job loss?

Current addresses show Southfield and Applegate while the others show up as prior addresses here:

https://www.whitepages.com/name/Adrienne-Evelyn-Ribbing/Southfield-MI/16szrn08

Her son has Bloomfield Hills as the area he is from on the ******** site:

https://www.********.com/f/my-mother-one-of-the-most-caring-people-is-missing

In my experience you’ve gotta be street smart anywhere downstate, even the “good” neighborhoods.

The family friend relayed to authorities, according to AQ’s sister, that Adrienne was “frantic.” IMO it would be easy to throw someone off by using a frantic tone. If I received a call from the number of someone I care about and they were frantic and panicked I wouldn’t question if it were them. A 4+ minute phone call complete with gunshots and chaos, a misremembered address (I believe she would have needed to know her local address to adopt that dog in Benzie) sounds a little like a setup to me. MOO.

I wonder what she put on the adoption form. Would be interesting to know which address it was and if Lundy's name was on it as well. And who has the dog now if she and Lundy adopted together?

My opinion is that while she was up on the roof, the gun slid down the roof away from her and she couldn't grab it in time. It then fell to the ground below and into the leaves that had blown up against the side of the cabin.

Yes, but she was freaked out when she called. The friend was likely groggy and shaken from being woken in the middle of the night. And Seriously, the friend is listening to her blast away from inside the cabin, yet it isn't time to call 911? I get that being spooked isn't a reason to call 911, but if it to the point where you have to fire a gun through your windows, its time to call. Not sure why AQ left it to the friend either? The 911 dispatch is in a different town. If AQ had called they would have calmed her and stayed on the line with her until they showed up. There lies the problem, I don't think it was in the plan for anyone to be there when LE showed up. Who's plan that was is the big question.
Do we know the friend didn't hang up right after the shots and call 911? I can say from personal experience that calling 911 isn't the first thing on everyone's mind in a crisis. Lots of people go on autopilot in a dangerous situation and make choices outside of what is logical to others IMO.

My opinion is that while she was up on the roof, the gun slid down the roof away from her and she couldn't grab it in time. It then fell to the ground below and into the leaves that had blown up against the side of the cabin.
yeah that is totally possible if she made it up there. Are there any trees that can be reached from the roof I wonder?

@rickcross Can you expand on this? I don't think I have seen that info before and it certainly could add color to what may have happened. I thought her sister said in Lordan interview that she was up at the cabin to do some work for her uncle.

On youtube of Brainscratch, 2 people (one anonymous and another a relative of Lundy, made the statement that he begged her to leave with him but she refused. I believe in one of those comments, it was stated that she was afraid to return down south. On fb, the same relative became very snippy at a comment of a picture of him that simply asked if the picture was in fact him.

Do we know the friend didn't hang up right after the shots and call 911? I can say from personal experience that calling 911 isn't the first thing on everyone's mind in a crisis. Lots of people go on autopilot in a dangerous situation and make choices outside of what is logical to others IMO.
We know that AQ would put down the phone and fire shots, then come back. So know it doesn't appear that she hung up. There is also the fact that the friend said "I don't know where you are", so there must have been some conversation about calling 911. Would be interesting to know who's idea it was that the friend make the call?

Thats the obvious answer, but the clip was empty and she was already on the roof. It was useless to her at that point. Maybe she tossed it.

Has anyone considered that this may be a suicide and that this was all staged to cover that fact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23