MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 Jul 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have followed this thread as well as a few others, including the Delphi and the Danielle Stislinski cases on here and recently signed up to comment. Cannot believe that nothing has come of this one so far. Anyone think that the perp in the Stislinski case could have known or stalked Ally? (The jogger and hospital connections ) Any new leads from LE? Any other attacks/murders in the area?

I think it very possible the killer in the Stislinkski case is tied to Ally's. He has finally been charged in the Sislinski case which was six months after Ally was murdered. The timing and locations are too close to ignore the possibility a serial stalker was responsible. Galloway lived in Berkley. The attack on the jogger was just two months after Ally was murdered. He let the woman go because she told him she had children. That's why he hid Stalisky's body, imo.

In June 2017, Galloway was charged in the Sept. 4, 2016, attempted sexual assault of a 28-year-old woman who was jogging in Edward Hines Park near Levan Road in Livonia.

Galloway pleaded guilty to the Hines Park assault in November 2017. He is serving a 16-35 year sentence at Alger Correctional Facility in Munising on kidnapping and assault charges in relation to the incident, according to Michigan Department of Corrections Records.

Attorney says murder defendant, Stislicki 'were friends'

'I thought he was going to rape me': Jogger testifies on alleged attack at Hines Park

I respect your opinion of course but let's be realistic. He's a narcissist for sure bordering on unhinged. People like him don't generally make for good partners.
Nobody should have been named a suspect in this case. It turned the media focus only to him, he still hasn't been arrested and the case remains unsolved. Most LE and media learned that painful lesson after the Richard Jewell debacle.

If Ally felt threatened by anyone, I think she would have obtained a protection order. She didn't.

I don't believe she knew her killer.

JMO

I agree with My Belle, I think the person who shot her was unknown to Ally, but he knew who she was.

I don't think that the disappearance (and probable murder) of Dani Stislicki is related to Ally's case at all.

Controlling narcissistic types are frightening, esp. because they usually don't realize just how awful they are. They think they are a treasure (ugh)

the content of this post is JMO

If Ally felt threatened by anyone, I think she would have obtained a protection order. She didn't.

I don't believe she knew her killer.

JMO
RSBM for focus

I have been trying to find information on this (i.e., whether Ally or anyone else has had a PPO against WS at any time) for some time now, but to no avail.

I tried the Oakland County Court Explorer, only to find out “Personal Protection Orders (PPO), Juvenile, and Probate Mental Health records are not available through Court Explorer.”
Court Explorer

May I ask where you got your information?

I agree with My Belle, I think the person who shot her was unknown to Ally, but he knew who she was.
That probably sums what I believe is most likely. At best, Alexandra MAY have seen him - e.g., working at the grocery store where she shops, a coffee shop she frequents or other such places. At best, I believe she MAY have seen him before, but didn't know his name or spoke to him. And that will make it difficult for LE to solve. I hate to say it, but it seems like this murderer would almost have to kill again and make a big mistake before LE can catch him.

RSBM for focus

I have been trying to find information on this (i.e., whether Ally or anyone else has had a PPO against WS at any time) for some time now, but to no avail.

I tried the Oakland County Court Explorer, only to find out “Personal Protection Orders (PPO), Juvenile, and Probate Mental Health records are not available through Court Explorer.”
Court Explorer

May I ask where you got your information?
If Ally got a protection order, it would be mentioned by the media covering this case. A protection order is a public record available at the courthouse.

JMO

Checking in again. I too feel that FG may have been involved, and possibly had a passing acquaintance with AB via the Novi hospital. His wife also had a white car I believe, which he may have had access to as she was in hospital. There is a gag order on that case (FG) and I believe they are currently trying to do a deal and perhaps find out if he was responsible for other attacks. But this is MOO and I don't have anything other than a suspicion. Still hoping for a resolution for Ally and her family. LE should at least be looking at his movements on the day Ally was shot.

Checking in again. I too feel that FG may have been involved, and possibly had a passing acquaintance with AB via the Novi hospital. His wife also had a white car I believe, which he may have had access to as she was in hospital. There is a gag order on that case (FG) and I believe they are currently trying to do a deal and perhaps find out if he was responsible for other attacks. But this is MOO and I don't have anything other than a suspicion. Still hoping for a resolution for Ally and her family. LE should at least be looking at his movements on the day Ally was shot.
I don't believe he is involved. However, while he is in custody I would hope that LE would take a hard look at him. Worth a shot and if he was far away at the time, then there is one person that can be scratched off the list.

I don't believe he is involved. However, while he is in custody I would hope that LE would take a hard look at him. Worth a shot and if he was far away at the time, then there is one person that can be scratched off the list.

Exactly, nothing to lose right. Do they have DNA or fingerprints from the shotgun shells, I wonder.

Almost 3 years and nothing. Not only that, but no hint that Alexandra's murder is connected to any other similar incident. That ALMOST makes me believe it was personal. But that could still mean it was someone outside her social circle if there was some perceived slight or wrong only in the mind of the killer.

The killer left his empty shells at the scene. Those shells leave unique marks from the extractor and firing pin. I wonder if this person went to some of wooded areas or on the power line right-of-way to shoot that gun and LE go out there and look? Did LE question locals if they heard what sounded like someone practicing out there at one time or another?

Trying to think back as to how this went down is disturbing. I remember jogging on country roads and I would usually sneak a glance over my shoulder when the rare vehicle came down the road. If someone slowed or stopped I would CERTAINLY have glanced back and looked. That is a real horror when I imagine when her curiosity turned to fear when the driver got out and brought a shotgun out at the time.

Yes, the caller says he was "down at the pond" when he heard the shots so he didnt actually see but heard them and the car door closing, I think he says. Listening again to it, makes me wonder if she was sitting with someone in a car then got out. Shots were fired and she ran and one finally hit her. Perhaps others can listen again to see what they make of it.

It's been a long time since I visited this thread, but I've never forgotten about Ally. Your theory is in line with what I think happened. She was in a car with the person she knew, perhaps having an argument, and she gets out while the perp is reaching for the shotgun in the backseat, she runs a little and he gets off a few wild shots before finally landing one. I think that's why LE says they are confident she knew her killer.

I do #believe that LE will solve this case, and there will be justice for Ally.

While I think it's possible, I think his MO was quite different. Sexual assault was the motive, and I'm pretty sure FG didn't use a gun in the other case he was charged with. He seems like the type to like the more personal hands-on strangulation method, if I had to guess. But yes, certainly doesn't hurt to investigate.

I keep flashing back to the Heidi Childs/David Metzler murders that occurred to the west of us near Blacksburg VA. Similarities: Rural country dirt road. Commonly owned weapon - a 30-30 rifle in Childs/Metzler's case. Except this occurred in a spot commonly used by VA Tech students and LE has DNA, plus they are searching for about 6-8 vehicles seen in the general area. It will be 10 years ago this August and no suspect or POI, let alone an arrest.

Outside of the spent shotgun shells, a possible set of shoe prints (sandals?) and maybe a sighting of a white car, LE doesn't have much here that we know of. I'm hoping this one isn't still unsolved 10 years later.

Last edited:
While I think it's possible, I think his MO was quite different. Sexual assault was the motive, and I'm pretty sure FG didn't use a gun in the other case he was charged with. He seems like the type to like the more personal hands-on strangulation method, if I had to guess. But yes, certainly doesn't hurt to investigate.
We don't know how Dani died though, because her body hasn't been found. He may have used a gun on her.

I keep flashing back to the Heidi Childs/David Metzler murders that occurred to the west of us near Blacksburg VA. Similarities: Rural country dirt road. Commonly owned weapon - a 30-30 rifle in Childs/Metzler's case. Except this occurred in a spot commonly used by VA Tech students and LE has DNA, plus they are searching for about 6-8 vehicles seen in the general area. It will be 10 years ago this August and no suspect or POI, let alone an arrest.

Outside of the spent shotgun shells, a possible set of shoe prints (sandals?) and maybe a sighting of a white car, LE doesn't have much here that we know of. I'm hoping this one isn't still unsolved 10 years later.
I'm posting the link to their thread for posters to have a look.

VA - VA - David Metzler, 19, & Heidi Childs, 18, Montgomery County, 26 Aug 2009

After three years, jogger’s killer is still at large
Parents are completely disheartened by lack of progress on case
It is both amazing and frustrating that this killer could do this during the day during good weather when residents - what few there would be in that rural setting - are most likely to be out of their houses. In fact, it just happened that the resident of the house where Alexandra ended up was out but in his back yard. No surveillance videos that we know of. Car tracks, maybe. LE questioned one POI about owning sandals, so maybe shoe prints. Outside of that shell casings from what maybe a very common weapon and an iffy sighting of a white (again, very common) car. LE is likely going to need a tip on this one. In the case I mentioned above - Heidi Childs and David Metzler - two people were murdered under very similar circumstances and we are coming up on the 10 year mark with no resolution. I fear that without a tip this could go unsolved for years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helangel
Back