MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 Jul 2016 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've seen more than one article where LE believes it was someone Alexandra knew. I agree with you in that this is most likely someone she didn't know, ALTHOUGH the killer probably knew her. I find it strange that the one POI LE grilled (outside of WS) and was made public was someone who claimed he did not even know who she was.
Do you remember if he was given a lie detector test? I can't recall.

Do you remember if he was given a lie detector test? I can't recall.
WS claims that LE gave him TWO polygraphs. LE has never stated what the results were, but WS said LE told him the first was inconclusive and he failed the second one. He stated in the interview that he believed LE may have lied to him and it was an interrogation tactic. (I can see that, though.) Just recently I read that both of Alexandra's parents took polygraph tests. I found that unbelievable - administering a polygraph to her parents!?!?

There is this from the 2 year mark.
Parents of slain jogger wait for justice on 2-year anniversary of her murder
"The police from the get-go thought it was somebody she knew," Nikki [Alexandra's mother] said. "They put that out there, and they kind of harmed the case by doing that right away. It made people who might have had tips or information step back and say well, if they know who it is, they are going to solve it right away."

WS claims that LE gave him TWO polygraphs. LE has never stated what the results were, but WS said LE told him the first was inconclusive and he failed the second one. He stated in the interview that he believed LE may have lied to him and it was an interrogation tactic. (I can see that, though.) Just recently I read that both of Alexandra's parents took polygraph tests. I found that unbelievable - administering a polygraph to her parents!?!?
I know about WS I was asking about the other guy that was interviewed very early on, who didn't know Ally. Did he have a lie detector test as well?

There is this from the 2 year mark.
Parents of slain jogger wait for justice on 2-year anniversary of her murder
"The police from the get-go thought it was somebody she knew," Nikki [Alexandra's mother] said. "They put that out there, and they kind of harmed the case by doing that right away. It made people who might have had tips or information step back and say well, if they know who it is, they are going to solve it right away."

This (above) quote is one I go back to...I guess I'm looking to see if Alex's Mom feels more convicted that Alex was killed by someone she didn't know well (or a total stranger). Maybe not...maybe she only meant that whether done by someone Alex knew OR did not, that area folks didn't think they (LE) needed any extra information, at the time.

So sad...this case:(

This (above) quote is one I go back to...I guess I'm looking to see if Alex's Mom feels more convicted that Alex was killed by someone she didn't know well (or a total stranger). Maybe not...maybe she only meant that whether done by someone Alex knew OR did not, that area folks didn't think they (LE) needed any extra information, at the time.

So sad...this case:(
Yes I think that is what she meant. LE stating that may have harmed the case by people taking it to mean LE had the case cut and dried. I do wonder what area canvassing they did, if any, along her 10 mile running route.

If this crime happened today, there would be dozens of doorbell cams and business cams tracing that car from start to finish! There would be apartment complex surveillance cameras, work cameras, car gps, cell phone data, and more to piece together, as well. Yes, these things existed then, but not on the level they do now both in terms of quantity and quality. Even the absence of information from certain devices at key times is incriminating nowadays. Hoping the perp slips up, somehow, or karma brutally strikes!

My biggest fear is that he (the guy who's been the main suspect all along, imo) won't get caught, ever, because anything that was there to be discovered is long gone by now. There's no body that's hidden somewhere, no invite or meetup the day of, and no incriminating text msgs, IMs, or emails. I don't see this guy confessing or telling anyone what he did, either. If there's no DNA on Allie, no surveillance footage, and no way to contest his suspicious alibi by now, what could possibly trip him up?

Last edited:
If this crime happened today, there would be dozens of doorbell cams and business cams tracing that car from start to finish! There would be apartment complex surveillance cameras, work cameras, car gps, cell phone data, and more to piece together, as well. Yes, these things existed then, but not on the level they do now both in terms of quantity and quality. Even the absence of information from certain devices at key times is incriminating nowadays. Hoping the perp slips up, somehow, or karma brutally strikes!

My biggest fear is that he (the guy who's been the main suspect all along, imo) won't get caught, ever, because anything that was there to be discovered is long gone by now. There's no body that's hidden somewhere, no invite or meetup the day of, and no incriminating text msgs, IMs, or emails. I don't see this guy confessing or telling anyone what he did, either. If there's no DNA on Allie, no surveillance footage, and no way to contest his suspicious alibi by now, what could possibly trip him up?

His own, massively inflated ego.

His own, massively inflated ego.

For me, it's like it's either the thing that looks so *off* that it's blatantly obvious...or that aspect is completely unrelated -- and it's a rather random/heated event that happened that day, via a total stranger. I realize there are many other possibilities, but this is what I think now. It's so frustrating. Is Alex never going to get justice?:(

I was doing some reading to refresh my memory. I had forgotten that WS failed two polygraphs.

New details revealed on Crime Watch Daily TV episode

“I was shocked and sickened by the disclosure that Wes failed the second polygraph,” Nikki said. “I am appalled to think, if he is the one, that the last thing Ally saw on this earth was Wes pointing a shotgun at her.”

“At the time of her murder, she was just friends with Wes and his fabrications of marriage need to end,” Nikki said. “The idea that Ally would have agreed to an engagement in December of 2016 is preposterous. And then to wait until Wes was accepted into a nursing program, successfully completing a two-year curriculum, passing the state exam and finally get a nursing position before getting married is absurd.

“At the time of her murder, Ally was planning an August 2016 trip to Florida to visit a guy she had casually dated several years ago,” Nikki said. “I have a pile of clothes she purchased for that trip with the tags still attached.”

For me, it's like it's either the thing that looks so *off* that it's blatantly obvious...or that aspect is completely unrelated -- and it's a rather random/heated event that happened that day, via a total stranger. I realize there are many other possibilities, but this is what I think now. It's so frustrating. Is Alex never going to get justice?:(
I don’t think it was a random stranger that killed her in broad daylight. This was a crime of passion. IMO

As of now, I can't tell if he is outraged over her murder OR if he did it and it is all a smoke screen. And LE and the media have pulled back in their shells for now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back