MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The question is, was she followed, or was she encountered?

The question is, was she followed, or was she encountered?

That is the question, I agree.

Do we know about how far she was into her run?

P.S. Oh, sorry -- just saw the answer, above. Thank you, Blef!

She was only two miles from her parent's house, so I think she probably didn't use a vehicle to get there, that she had run to where she was shot.

Obviously being shot in the back gives us a couple of scenarios. One is that she had her earbuds in, and someone came up behind her unheard, and shot her. The second is that she saw the perp, turned and was shot as she tried to escape. It's hard to know what they found to make them believe she knew her killer. However statistically it is more likely to be killed by someone you know. The shotgun is interesting. It's not the easiest weapon to hide, so I would think that a car was involved as people would notice someone walking along with a shotgun. I don't think it was random. I have some suspicions but unless more is revealed by the police I don't want to speculate.

Oh, please? Won't you please speculate? :wink: (JK/agree on LE).

So about two miles into her run... wish we had the exact path and were able to do a Google map tracker to actually see where she traveled. I know, I'm asking for the moon.

She was only two miles from her parent's house, so I think she probably didn't use a vehicle to get there, that she had run to where she was shot.

Obviously being shot in the back gives us a couple of scenarios. One is that she had her earbuds in, and someone came up behind her unheard, and shot her. The second is that she saw the perp, turned and was shot as she tried to escape. It's hard to know what they found to make them believe she knew her killer. However statistically it is more likely to be killed by someone you know. The shotgun is interesting. It's not the easiest weapon to hide, so I would think that a car was involved as people would notice someone walking along with a shotgun. I don't think it was random. I have some suspicions but unless more is revealed by the police I don't want to speculate.

There was a car involved, per a witness account that a light colored (possibly white or tan) 4 door sedan was seen speeding down the road around the time Ally was shot. What we (the public) don't know is if LE has ever found the light colored car or if they are still looking for it.

OK so I’m only up to page 26, so forgive me if anything I ask has already been answered. Firstly I want to thank Combatmedic for sharing what he has with us.

Alex’s mom said she didn’t take her phone when she went on her run. Why wouldn’t she? Just about every runner I know, myself included, takes their phone with them on a run. We even buy waterproof cases worn on a belt or on our arms to keep them dry. They are cheap and easily available. Our phones aren’t just taken in case of emergency. Runners often have apps that record the route, the time taken to run it, the speed we run etc. Runners seem to be a curious breed (and I include myself in this) who love stats and it seems odd that Alex appeared to be a serious runner but would leave her phone behind? Plus wasn’t it said that she was listening to music (gonna have to check back) but if she was then why would that be on anything but a smart phone which could save all the data from her run on it also? She’s also a woman running in a rural area alone. Runners don’t like getting stranded injured somewhere so it would seem logical that she would take her phone to contact someone if she needed help. Moms explaination of her leaving the phone behind really doesn’t make sense to me.

Secondly it was reported that she ran that route every day for years, but also reported she had just moved back to her parents, and commuted 90 minutes or so to work, so why would she drive 90 minutes or so several times a week to run one route? Answer? She didn’t. That just doesn’t make sense. Once in a while to run there, sure I can see that, but I can’t imagine she would drive all that way and back for years, for her regular routine run. Something stinks here.

Good points. Now that you point the possible infrequency of Alex running that route, it would seem to make it less likely it was someone waiting to ambush her.

The choice of a shotgun is interesting. In the south where I grew up it wasn't unusual for folks to have a shotgun in their vehicle. But it was more common during the hunting season and most who did were in their pickup or SUV. Their hunting or farm vehicle.

If this was a sedan and in the summer, I don't see this as someone who kept a shotgun in their vehicle all the time. Unlikely, not ruling it out, but unlikely. On one point, if a sheriff or game warden caught them in the summer, especially with buckshot in the gun that is likely to end up as citation for poaching.

So someone in a sedan just happens to be out driving with a shotgun in the vehicle. One, they could've have gone to some public land (I don't if there is any in that area) and wanted to pattern their shotgun and this is a crime of opportunity. OR, two, they were driving with the gun in the car with murder on their mind - i.e., premeditated - either to shoot just anyone or Alex specifically. I believe a shotgun or rifle makes it more likely to be premeditated.

In any case, they don't appear to be very familiar with shooting shotguns if they only got one hit with one round out of 4 or 5. Alex was probably a very fast runner, but her speed can't compare to a deer or a dove. I suppose the shooter got nervous or excited, but I'm still leaning toward an inexperienced shooter here.

I might have said this before but the choice of the shotgun could have had more to do with him thinking she would surely comply from the site of it alone and she wasn't having it and bolted. Now she's seen his face and car and can identify, he cant catch her so he starts blasting. This is where my mind was before cm showed up and put Mr. Franz on blast. This scenario would be a failed abduction for sexual purposes. Its not like these things don't happen.

LE lets the bickering continue by not ruling anyone out, throw the guy they brought in for questioning about half way through this ordeal in the pile and it would appear they're still trying to get a handle on things. By the way, are we to actually believe that neither party has been ruled out?

Awful bold to shoot her in broad daylight close enough to a house that she made it to the front lawn. Who Would make such a bold move?

I was thinking careless, but bold will work.

There was a car involved, per a witness account that a light colored (possibly white or tan) 4 door sedan was seen speeding down the road around the time Ally was shot. What we (the public) don't know is if LE has ever found the light colored car or if they are still looking for it.

In interviews, when asked about why Ally didn't have her phone, Nikki Brueger mentions that it had been raining earlier in the day. I wonder if there were tire tracks on the dirt road near the crime scene :thinking: There is a subdivision north of us that has dirt roads that are a mess when it rains. I sometimes use the route when I'm returning from north of our home, and my car and tires end up dusty or dirty even when it hasn't rained.

The choice of a shotgun is interesting. In the south where I grew up it wasn't unusual for folks to have a shotgun in their vehicle. But it was more common during the hunting season and most who did were in their pickup or SUV. Their hunting or farm vehicle.

If this was a sedan and in the summer, I don't see this as someone who kept a shotgun in their vehicle all the time. Unlikely, not ruling it out, but unlikely. On one point, if a sheriff or game warden caught them in the summer, especially with buckshot in the gun that is likely to end up as citation for poaching.

So someone in a sedan just happens to be out driving with a shotgun in the vehicle. One, they could've have gone to some public land (I don't if there is any in that area) and wanted to pattern their shotgun and this is a crime of opportunity. OR, two, they were driving with the gun in the car with murder on their mind - i.e., premeditated - either to shoot just anyone or Alex specifically. I believe a shotgun or rifle makes it more likely to be premeditated.

In any case, they don't appear to be very familiar with shooting shotguns if they only got one hit with one round out of 4 or 5. Alex was probably a very fast runner, but her speed can't compare to a deer or a dove. I suppose the shooter got nervous or excited, but I'm still leaning toward an inexperienced shooter here.

Plenty of recreational hunting options in and around Holly, MI:

http://www.michigandnr.com/publicat...tat/SGA/Holly_Wildlife_Unit_Holly_SRA_map.pdf

I might have said this before but the choice of the shotgun could have had more to do with him thinking she would surely comply from the site of it alone and she wasn't having it and bolted. Now she's seen his face and car and can identify, he cant catch her so he starts blasting.

(BBM, snipped by me)

Running is as highly personal a ritual, as this scenario sounds of the killer & their motives.

Proposing that Ally's killer knew her current home & wanted to ensure a rendezvous before she had a chance to alter her daily jog; with express purpose of 'Being Heard' (brought shotgun 'insurance')... killer banked on her personality to match her diminutive stature (or else-again-shotgun insurance to carry out intended plans), but killer didn't bet on her running nature to race for safety OR her-larger-than-life endurance that ensured she'd make it to secluded neighbor's lawn...

Everyone else may believe it's one hell of a reach for my conclusions that not only was it obviously a highly personal confrontation, but an eye opening occasion to the killer as they clearly 'did not know Ally' in her true self or abilities.

Ally was said to be 'shy' or reserved, yet remained in life open & engaging- she held no secrets there.

It is quite telling this tragic event is solely an inevitable outcome of her killer's delusions.

Yes, but Alexandra was murdered in July. The deer and bear seasons didn't open till mid September and elk season in late August. LE never did say what she was shot with, but Michigan game laws state that if you're caught with a shotgun with buckshot larger than #3 or a rifled slug outside the season that is a violation.

Everyone else may believe it's one hell of a reach for my conclusions that not only was it obviously a highly personal confrontation, but an eye opening occasion to the killer as they clearly 'did not know Ally' in her true self or abilities.
I like it

You just had to magnify my misspelling didn't you. Hahaha, kidding.

On a side note, I was thinking, and I realize that could be dangerous, but I hope they checked and double checked to see if there might be a jealous female out there somewhere. You know just to cover all their bases.

Yes, but Alexandra was murdered in July. The deer and bear seasons didn't open till mid September and elk season in late August. LE never did say what she was shot with, but Michigan game laws state that if you're caught with a shotgun with buckshot larger than #3 or a rifled slug outside the season that is a violation.

I don’t believe there is an active hunting season in July except for the following;

*Opossum[FONT=&quot], [/FONT]porcupine[FONT=&quot], [/FONT]weasel[FONT=&quot],[/FONT] red squirrel[FONT=&quot], [/FONT]skunk[FONT=&quot], [/FONT]ground squirrel[FONT=&quot], [/FONT]woodchuck[FONT=&quot], [/FONT]feral swine[FONT=&quot], [/FONT]feral pigeons[FONT=&quot], [/FONT]starling[FONT=&quot] and [/FONT]house sparrows[FONT=&quot] may be taken year-round with a valid Michigan hunting license

Open season dates: [/FONT]
https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-350-79119_79147_82106---,00.html

I really wish someone from Alexandra’s family would join us here. I’m very much interested in hearing their perspective.

If not Mr. or Mrs. Brueger, one of the aunts or the cousins, all of whom attended one of the press conferences, would be great.

https://www.tctimes.com/news/crime-...cle_5a27510c-f87c-11e6-9a9e-8b254a7c19de.html

If not a family member, the friend of Alexandra’s, who Nikki said she had been planing on visiting. It seems like this person would have a good idea as to what was happening in her life leading up to her murder.

“At the time of her murder, Ally was planning an August 2016 trip to Florida to visit a guy she had casually dated several years ago,” Nikki said. ‘I have a pile of clothes she purchased for that trip with the tags still attached.’

https://www.tctimes.com/news/new-de...cle_e5892014-23c7-11e8-9c28-c31bdea8f3d0.html

I always like to get both sides of the story. Combatmedic has been very generous in sharing his perspective, and now I’m ready to hear the other side of the story, so to speak.

Did Alexandra complain to anyone about a possible stalker? Someone threatening her? Anything she might have been concerned about but didn’t want to tell Wes because she didn’t want to make him worry?

I like it

On a side note, I was thinking, and I realize that could be dangerous, but I hope they checked and double checked to see if there might be a jealous female out there somewhere. You know just to cover all their bases.

I'm not convinced that Ally's killer is male. There very well might have been a jealous nursing colleague or competitive student in college classes. Ally was quite an accomplished young woman, and it wouldn't be far-fetched to consider that she had a female rival who went off the deep end.

I know I've seen it said in the media and on here that Alexandra knew her killer. I'm not entirely convinced. I'm about 50-50 on that point.

The use of a shotgun is what causes me to have questions. Was this premeditated? The use of a shotgun, to me anyway, seems to make that more likely than someone who just reached into the glove box and pulled out a handgun. Was he on the road specifically to shoot her or just anyone for a 'thrill' kill? I can't see an abduction that went bad - it's too difficult to keep a gun on someone while driving with a shotgun. (Yeah, he could have forced her in the trunk but I still don't believe it is likely.) A shotgun doesn't leave a bullet that might be matched to the gun like a handgun or rifle - but they left the empty cases at the scene. The firing pin, extractor and ejector marks can be matched to the gun. That was careless, not to mention they only made one hit out of 4 or 5 shots. That was also risky riding with shotgun - probably laying across the passenger seat - while driving down the road when there is no hunting season in progress. It can't hidden like a handgun. This person just seems to be bold and reckless.

I like it

It occurred to me that you might've intended a double entendre; and contend a contentious individual banking on being joined in more private locale off her beaten paths- my original interest in whether Ally could've crossed another's property now fits poorly to this theory; presuming weapon was a last resort rather than first contact.

Much google stalking of local features & byways, given the circumstances.

Without ammo would we've seen the aftermath of a hit & run? Would Ally have turned the tables and attacked the attacker, realizing their misplaced perceptions and intentions with her?

One senses perp is not especially threatening in and of themselves; stature, prowess, demeanor? Many routes leading to differing characters, here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz