MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you get to take so many polygraph tests?

I cannot debunk the polygraph test from a position of authority, but I have read, written, and researched in the field of forensic linguistics at a prestigious university during my BA, MA, and PhD, focusing not only on speech but also physiological responses to receptive activity. I became particularly interested in the polygraph test since I realised how effective it was at putting innocent people in prison in the past. I can assert with 100% confidence that this test is as useful as a chocolate fireman.

I cannot debunk the polygraph test from a position of authority, but I have read, written, and researched in the field of forensic linguistics at a prestigious university during my BA, MA, and PhD, focusing not only on speech but also physiological responses to receptive activity. I became particularly interested in the polygraph test since I realised how effective it was at putting innocent people in prison in the past. I can assert with 100% confidence that this test is as useful as a chocolate fireman.

:tyou: for sharing your knowledge and :welcome: to Websleuths and this case discussion.

The notion of being hooked up to a polygraph machine gives me the heebie-jeebies :eek: I'm sure this would be a situation where my BP would rise in similar fashion to "white coat hypertension" in a physician's office or undergoing medical tests.

white coat hy·per·ten·sion

a syndrome whereby a patient's feeling of anxiety in a medical environment results in an abnormally high reading when their blood pressure is measured.

I am 80% ex did it, 20% stranger attack.

On the polygraph, do we know that LE asked the parents to take the test? Could it be that Wes was asked to, failed the test, and then in his customary style of deflection, HE suggested the parents take the test? In that case, an eye roll would be the only necessary response, and it would not be incriminating whatsoever.

OK so I’m only up to page 26, so forgive me if anything I ask has already been answered. Firstly I want to thank Combatmedic for sharing what he has with us.

Alex’s mom said she didn’t take her phone when she went on her run. Why wouldn’t she? Just about every runner I know, myself included, takes their phone with them on a run. We even buy waterproof cases worn on a belt or on our arms to keep them dry. They are cheap and easily available. Our phones aren’t just taken in case of emergency. Runners often have apps that record the route, the time taken to run it, the speed we run etc. Runners seem to be a curious breed (and I include myself in this) who love stats and it seems odd that Alex appeared to be a serious runner but would leave her phone behind? Plus wasn’t it said that she was listening to music (gonna have to check back) but if she was then why would that be on anything but a smart phone which could save all the data from her run on it also? She’s also a woman running in a rural area alone. Runners don’t like getting stranded injured somewhere so it would seem logical that she would take her phone to contact someone if she needed help. Moms explaination of her leaving the phone behind really doesn’t make sense to me.

Secondly it was reported that she ran that route every day for years, but also reported she had just moved back to her parents, and commuted 90 minutes or so to work, so why would she drive 90 minutes or so several times a week to run one route? Answer? She didn’t. That just doesn’t make sense. Once in a while to run there, sure I can see that, but I can’t imagine she would drive all that way and back for years, for her regular routine run. Something stinks here.

OK so I’m only up to page 26, so forgive me if anything I ask has already been answered. Firstly I want to thank Combatmedic for sharing what he has with us.

Alex’s mom said she didn’t take her phone when she went on her run. Why wouldn’t she? Just about every runner I know, myself included, takes their phone with them on a run. We even buy waterproof cases worn on a belt or on our arms to keep them dry. They are cheap and easily available. Our phones aren’t just taken in case of emergency. Runners often have apps that record the route, the time taken to run it, the speed we run etc. Runners seem to be a curious breed (and I include myself in this) who love stats and it seems odd that Alex appeared to be a serious runner but would leave her phone behind? Plus wasn’t it said that she was listening to music (gonna have to check back) but if she was then why would that be on anything but a smart phone which could save all the data from her run on it also? She’s also a woman running in a rural area alone. Runners don’t like getting stranded injured somewhere so it would seem logical that she would take her phone to contact someone if she needed help. Moms explaination of her leaving the phone behind really doesn’t make sense to me.

Secondly it was reported that she ran that route every day for years, but also reported she had just moved back to her parents, and commuted 90 minutes or so to work, so why would she drive 90 minutes or so several times a week to run one route? Answer? She didn’t. That just doesn’t make sense. Once in a while to run there, sure I can see that, but I can’t imagine she would drive all that way and back for years, for her regular routine run. Something stinks here.

You make good points about the phone, Blef...I'd be interested in what else hits you about this case, when you catch up.

Glad to have you join us, Blef! You make good points about the phone; I had not thought about apps to track routes, runs, etc. I wasn’t concerned about it before, but the more people share the amazing things many use their phones for, I am starting to question why she left it behind. She must have felt very safe in the area.

It seems pretty unlikely she ran that route every day “for years” . I need to check back through to find that mentioned.

Glad to have you join us, Blef! You make good points about the phone; I had not thought about apps to track routes, runs, etc. I wasn’t concerned about it before, but the more people share the amazing things many use their phones for, I am starting to question why she left it behind. She must have felt very safe in the area.

It seems pretty unlikely she ran that route every day “for years” . I need to check back through to find that mentioned.

I've wondered if someone had been harassing Ally on the phone :thinking: Maybe she left it home so she wasn't bothered by menacing calls.

Serious runners may also have running watches. Two scenarios where she didn't take her phone: 1. So her parents wouldn't bother her or 2. So her BF couldn't reach her. Iirc, Wes worked with her the night before and I thought he was supposed to see her that day? Wes--could you confirm? Not suggesting anything about you here, maybe she just needed some space? MOO

I continue to ponder a motive for Ally's murder :thinking: I wonder if she had ever had a negative encounter with a homeowner along her running route? Had Ally ventured (unknowingly) onto a private road? Had she inadvertently walked or run on someone's lawn or driveway? Had she stepped on a lawn or driveway to tie her shoe, make a phone call or text, or get out of the road for a passing vehicle?

Was Ally's running disruptive to the peace and quiet of a rural neighborhood? When I was growing up, one of our neighbors didn't like it when kids rode their bikes on the sidewalk in front of his house because it made his dogs bark. If he could have prohibited anyone riding bikes near his home, the grumpy neighbor would have done so.

As a person who lived rurally in Minnesota, I can testify that there are people who live rurally that are strange and think it is still the Wild West. I can see some person getting ticked about a runner

Question for Blef (or anyone):

LE said she was "shot in the back four times"...I have a question about this statement from LE (link to article, is below) -- under the article's subhead "Everyone a Suspect" -- in the second paragraph of that section it reads: "There are a lot of things at the crime scene that points us to that she knew who this was," Shaw said.

Any ideas of what that could possibly mean? "A lot of things"? What kinds of things in that outdoor scene (assuming she was dressed to run) would indicate she knew her killer? I'm drawing a blank here.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...killed-jogging-rose-township-mother/90785580/

Question for Blef (or anyone):

LE said she was "shot in the back four times"...I have a question about this statement from LE (link to article, is below) -- under the article's subhead "Everyone a Suspect" -- in the second paragraph of that section it reads: "There are a lot of things at the crime scene that points us to that she knew who this was," Shaw said.

Any ideas of what that could possibly mean? "A lot of things"? What kinds of things in that outdoor scene (assuming she was dressed to run) would indicate she knew her killer? I'm drawing a blank here.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...killed-jogging-rose-township-mother/90785580/

I've always had the feeling that the killer handed or showed something to Ally and may have spoken to her before he/she fired the shotgun. Ally felt threatened, turned to run away from the perp, and was shot in the back as she tried desperately to escape. I feel strongly that something was found at the scene that convinces LE that Ally knew her killer.

I suppose we probably won't find out until a trial, but I'm curious about what, if anything significant, might be in the autopsy report besides the obvious gunshot wound/s :thinking:

I've always had the feeling that the killer handed or showed something to Ally and may have spoken to her before he/she fired the shotgun. Ally felt threatened, turned to run away from the perp, and was shot in the back as she tried desperately to escape. I feel strongly that something was found at the scene that convinces LE that Ally knew her killer.

Thanks, BDE... that would make a lot of sense. I'm not sure if I read this in the thread or not, so to clarify: she did/did not drive to the running route area? (you know, how some runners park somewhere a little ways away first, for various reasons).

TIA!:smile:

Thanks, BDE... that would make a lot of sense. I'm not sure if I read this in the thread or not, so to clarify: she did/did not drive to the running route area? (you know, how some runners park somewhere a little ways away first, for various reasons).

TIA!:smile:

IIRC, Ally left her parents' home on foot for her run.

She was only two miles from her parent's house, so I think she probably didn't use a vehicle to get there, that she had run to where she was shot.

Obviously being shot in the back gives us a couple of scenarios. One is that she had her earbuds in, and someone came up behind her unheard, and shot her. The second is that she saw the perp, turned and was shot as she tried to escape. It's hard to know what they found to make them believe she knew her killer. However statistically it is more likely to be killed by someone you know. The shotgun is interesting. It's not the easiest weapon to hide, so I would think that a car was involved as people would notice someone walking along with a shotgun. I don't think it was random. I have some suspicions but unless more is revealed by the police I don't want to speculate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz