MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I've seen it said in the media on here that Alexandra knew her killer. I'm not entirely convinced. I'm about 50-50 on that point.

-The use of a shotgun is what causes me to have questions. Was this premeditated?
-The use of a shotgun, to me anyway, seems to make that more likely than someone who just reached into the glove box and pulled out a handgun.
-Was he on the road specifically to shoot her or just anyone for a 'thrill' kill?
-I can't see an abduction that went bad - it's too difficult to keep a gun on someone while driving with a shotgun. (Yeah, he could have forced her in the trunk but I still don't believe it is likely.)
-A shotgun doesn't leave a bullet that might be matched to the gun like a handgun or rifle - but they left the empty cases at the scene.
-The firing pin, extractor and ejector marks can be matched to the gun. That was careless,
-not to mention they only made one hit out of 4 or 5 shots.
-That was also risky riding with shotgun - probably laying across the passenger seat - while driving down the road when there is no hunting season in progress. It can't hidden like a handgun.

Weapon isn't accidental as many will want to portray (convenient excuses lying about speak volumes); it's insanely easy to obtain any number of tools for the job, so your points tally high on my scorecard... what is special about this shotgun?
Like the location Ally was intercepted at.

'Any port in a storm', eh?

One just like all the others, but one of these things doesn't belong.

This person just seems to be bold and reckless.

Careless... Bold... Reckless... narcissistic... obsessed... ignorant... manipulative... poor life choice history... backpedaler...
With all this going on, no wonder Ally didn't want to hang around.

Combstmedic, why are none of these people publically stating support for you? Have they at least shared these same observations with LE?

Well there you have it ladies and gentlemen....
You can see how far the termites have spread and how long and well they’ve dined since I’ve been gone.

RSBM for space

Thank you for coming back, Combatmedic.

IIRC, we’ve never gone over this before, and if we have, I apologize: I believe you stated earlier that the day Alexandra was killed, she was supposed to come over to your house, but it ended up not happening.

I assume she contacted you to let you know she wouldn’t be able to make it. And if so, did she explain to you why? Did something come up unexpectedly?

Also about the car:

“Police were searching for a vehicle that was described as a white or light-colored, four-door sedan on Fish Lake Road and was seen between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. July 30.

Following the killing, investigators said it's believed the vehicle may have been acting suspicious at the time or traveling at a high rate of speed.”
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2017/01/investigators_plea_for_tips_in.html

Can you think of anyone who might have owned or had access to such vehicle at the time of Alexandra’s murder?

ETA: Also, did Alexandra have any plans for the rest of the day (after her run) that you are aware of?

I’m fascinated by the fact that the killer picked the middle of the afternoon to carry this out. Sure, it’s a rural area, but clearly, there might have been a car driving by, and there are houses along the road.

And assuming that they were known to Alexandra, they would have had to make sure she didn’t survive; otherwise, they would have been arrested immediately. Perhaps the killer intended this to be a murder-suicide but couldn’t quite kill himself.

Combstmedic, why are none of these people publically stating support for you? Have they at least shared these same observations with LE?

Yes, the ex boyfriends, and that mom, have all contacted investigators multiple times in regards to Franz.

Then most recently...
Right after CWD aired and Nikki had done a couple more back to back interviews the following week completely denying and trying to discredit me and everything I said about Ally and Franz’s troubled relationship.

Then Nikki even went as far as attempting to portray the relationship as just your normal everyday loving daughter-father relationship...
Like... “Nothing to see here, move along”...

Well this immediately set off big red flags for all of us!

Yes, but Alexandra was murdered in July. The deer and bear seasons didn't open till mid September and elk season in late August. LE never did say what she was shot with, but Michigan game laws state that if you're caught with a shotgun with buckshot larger than #3 or a rifled slug outside the season that is a violation.

Coyote season is all year.
https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...ves-year-round-coyote-hunt-michigan/83553624/
Judging from Wes Sutherland's Pinterest, he is into Coyote hunting.
https://www.pinterest.com/armycombatmedic/

combatmedic2121, what weapon do you hunt with, and where is it now? We have discussed the shotgun of Franz/Nikki, but you haven't answered questions about guns you possessed. Were any guns taken/tested by police.

You cant hunt animals from your car though. And she was shot fairly close with a shotgun. And depending on the spread of the buck shot. Authorities could easily tell the distance from her and the shooter. So this definitely wasn't a hunting accident. Jmo.

Hard for me to imagine someone Alex knew driving out to her home territory to kill her there.

I know I've seen it said in the media and on here that Alexandra knew her killer. I'm not entirely convinced. I'm about 50-50 on that point.

The use of a shotgun is what causes me to have questions. Was this premeditated? The use of a shotgun, to me anyway, seems to make that more likely than someone who just reached into the glove box and pulled out a handgun. Was he on the road specifically to shoot her or just anyone for a 'thrill' kill? I can't see an abduction that went bad - it's too difficult to keep a gun on someone while driving with a shotgun. (Yeah, he could have forced her in the trunk but I still don't believe it is likely.) A shotgun doesn't leave a bullet that might be matched to the gun like a handgun or rifle - but they left the empty cases at the scene. The firing pin, extractor and ejector marks can be matched to the gun. That was careless, not to mention they only made one hit out of 4 or 5 shots. That was also risky riding with shotgun - probably laying across the passenger seat - while driving down the road when there is no hunting season in progress. It can't hidden like a handgun. This person just seems to be bold and reckless.

BBM

This!

-Nin

combatmedic2121, what weapon do you hunt with, and where is it now? We have discussed the shotgun of Franz/Nikki, but you haven't answered questions about guns you possessed. Were any guns taken/tested by police.

The only weapon that I actually own and kept in my apartment was my crossbow.

All the guns I hunt with are technically my dads gun. He’s kind of gun safety nut lol so he always keeps them locked up in a gun safe in his basement unless were using them. He lives out in Belleville.

And yes, the 2 shotguns that my dad owns we’re tested, cleared, and returned to him a few days later. We also agreed to let them search my dads house and our hunting cabin up north.
One thing that’s actually worth noting here is that during the searches they weren’t just looking for shotguns. They were also searching for a “specific kind of shotgun shells” but they didn’t say what kind they were searching for.

Perhaps this was mentioned early on, and if so, I apologize: I have been reading some of the older articles on Alexandra’s murder and came across something that I don’t remember seeing before:

“The case is being investigated by Michigan State Police, but the initial 911 calls were received by the Oakland County Sheriff's Department 911 operators.

One of the calls is from a man who says Brueger was laying in his yard and she had been shot a couple times.

The man came to see what was happening after hearing shots.

‘I was down at the pond and I heard bullets,’ is how he describes what happened.

He also said he thought she had gotten out of her [it sounds like the witness says “A car” in the recording, IMO] car and someone shot her. He then tells the operator that he has to go and help her, but that he cannot take his phone with him. He does keep the phone link open at the request of the operator.’” (BBM)

https://www.wxyz.com/news/region/oa...aying-in-my-yard-just-got-shot-a-couple-times

The article is dated Aug 1, 2016. You can listen to the 911 call at the above link.

I wonder how sure the witness was about Alexandra possibly getting out of a car (he sounds pretty sure of it in the 911 recording, IMO). And could this be one of the reasons why LE have said (“I think it would be irresponsible to say that it couldn't be random because it's a possibility, but I think from what we've found on scene and some of our gut instincts, and past incidents, she knew who her attacker was," MSP Lt. Michael Shaw said)
she likely knew her killer (i.e., she wouldn't have gotten into a car with a stranger)?
http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/msp-confident-murdered-jogger-knew-her-attacker

If so, perhaps the killer stopped Alexandra, forced her into their car with the shotgun, and when she tried to flee (which they probably were not expecting), they killed her.

I have a question.

If she didn't get along with her dad. Than why move back home instead of renting something close to her job?

Now I'm not victim blaming. But unless you are running from a domestic partner or stalker. Than why move back home to a situation that you know is not right for you mentally?

So any person with income would have simply rented something. Jmo.

So was she running from someone? Or did she just not manage her finances right and had to move back in with mom and dad,

That's a very good point though many walk back in to uncertain situations all of the time.

Combatmedic2121,

Thank you for replying your thoughts to the thread. Everything you have described (attitudes/interactions/patterns) sounds a lot like someone who may have NPD. I've actually been wondering about that (my impression only). Sadly, it would explain a lot. My gut tells me you were not responsible for harming Ally, and I hope that is the case.

What a loss of a vibrant young woman with so much to give. It's so sad. Nothing will bring Ally back, but I hope justice is done.

The only weapon that I actually own and kept in my apartment was my crossbow.

All the guns I hunt with are technically my dads gun. He’s kind of gun safety nut lol so he always keeps them locked up in a gun safe in his basement unless were using them. He lives out in Belleville.

And yes, the 2 shotguns that my dad owns we’re tested, cleared, and returned to him a few days later. We also agreed to let them search my dads house and our hunting cabin up north.
One thing that’s actually worth noting here is that during the searches they weren’t just looking for shotguns. They were also searching for a “specific kind of shotgun shells” but they didn’t say what kind they were searching for.

You have a crossbow? OK, I'll admit that I am a naive Canadian, and we really aren't into weapons of any kind, generally. And then you hunt with your dad's guns. This implies that you are comfortable generally with killing weapons. Again I say this as a Canadian who doesn't really know anyone who has weapons that kill. Hence, it just may be a cultural difference, so my apologies if I am out of line. I'm guessing that you aren't alone as Americans are much more into weapons, based on what we see online.

Ok. From the V.I account. She was worried about her mother. But it seems like her mother was content with her being out of the house before she (her daughter moved back in)

So wouldn't the daughter knew that mom was happy and just left alone without coming home to stir up old memories

Ok. From the V.I account. She was worried about her mother. But it seems like her mother was content with her being out of the house before she (her daughter moved back in)

So wouldn't the daughter knew that mom was happy and just left alone without coming home to stir up old memories

IMO, not if there were problems at home that were being covered up, as in a big façade. Plus, if families are dysfunctional, patterns seem to return/repeat.

(BBM, snipped by me)

Running is as highly personal a ritual, as this scenario sounds of the killer & their motives.

Proposing that Ally's killer knew her current home & wanted to ensure a rendezvous before she had a chance to alter her daily jog; with express purpose of 'Being Heard' (brought shotgun 'insurance')... killer banked on her personality to match her diminutive stature (or else-again-shotgun insurance to carry out intended plans), but killer didn't bet on her running nature to race for safety OR her-larger-than-life endurance that ensured she'd make it to secluded neighbor's lawn...

Everyone else may believe it's one hell of a reach for my conclusions that not only was it obviously a highly personal confrontation, but an eye opening occasion to the killer as they clearly 'did not know Ally' in her true self or abilities.

Ally was said to be 'shy' or reserved, yet remained in life open & engaging- she held no secrets there.

It is quite telling this tragic event is solely an inevitable outcome of her killer's delusions.
That does sound like a typical stalker--obsessed with his image of a woman, an image that is completely disconnected from reality. That would fit more closely with someone who had not dated Ally but wanted to or someone who had dated her briefly than with a long-term boyfriend. That's not to say that your scenario is the only possibility.

IMO, not if there were problems at home that were being covered up, as in a big façade. Plus, if families are dysfunctional, patterns seem to return/repeat.

Plenty of families have toxic relationships within, but they don't all end up with a family member being shot to death like an animal. While I don't like to think that a parent would kill an only child, I suppose anything is possible.

That said, why would Ally's parent/s kill their only daughter? Most parents want their children to eventually marry and have families of their own. As an only child, Ally was Franz and Nikki's only link to the continuation of the family. Even if Ally's children wouldn't necessarily carry on the Brueger family name, Ally's children would still be Brueger progeny. I simply can't reconcile either of Ally's parents wanting to murder their only daughter.

Plenty of families have toxic relationships within, but they don't all end up with a family member being shot to death like an animal. While I don't like to think that a parent would kill an only child, I suppose anything is possible.

That said, why would Ally's parent/s kill their only daughter? Most parents want their children to eventually marry and have families of their own. As an only child, Ally was Franz and Nikki's only link to the continuation of the family. Even if Ally's children wouldn't necessarily carry on the Brueger family name, Ally's children would still be Brueger progeny. I simply can't reconcile either of Ally's parents wanting to murder their only daughter.

I also find it very hard to believe a parent would kill their own child. I could only see it if there was a psychopathy, of which nobody would know.

I think LE knows much more, so I hope they have this case well in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dark spaces