MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the white or light-colored 4-doors sedan:

I am not sure if they ever found a person driving such a car down Fish Lake road around the time of Ally's murder.

Perigo owned such a car. Which is probably one of the reasons he was investigated early on.

If Wes Sutherland (and his family), or any of the Brueger's ever registered such a vehicle, Michigan State Police (MSP) surely will know it. They would have tested such cars if they were still in the possession of the suspect(s). It could also be that the cars had been sold or dumped. That might look suspicious but would just be circumstantial evidence, no reason for arrest.

Photographic images of the Brueger house shows that such a car was on their property at 3 different dates in 2014 (namely 8/9, 8/10 and 9/26).
The 8/10 image actually shows another car like this in the shed.
This tells me that either the Brueger's, or someone close to them owned a car as described by MSP. I'd like to know: who owned these cars in 2014? Where were these cars in 2016, and who had access to them around Ally's murder? And of course most important: do these cars match the cars seen by the witnesses? MSP may already know the answers to these questions, but they wouldn't share such info with us....

Also from @Combatmedic2121 ‘s post dated Mar. 15, 2018:

“Sandals? So this originally came from them arresting Brian Perigo. He said police showed him a surveillance video and asked if the man in the video was him.“ (RBBM)
MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016

From the FOX2 article dated Nov. 3, 2016:

“Perigo was told investigators were looking for any evidence that may link him to the murder, including a pair of sandals surveillance images show the suspect they believe was wearing at the time.

‘He kept asking me questions and showing me pictures,’ he said. ‘I said that's not me, I don't wear sandals.’ (BBM)
Suspect in murder of Holly jogger says he is innocent

It’s impossible to know for sure without asking BP directly, but I get the impression that what LE shared with him were still images, not the video itself. Or perhaps only pictures exist.

I also wonder if it was indeed surveillance images, or if this is a case of bad reporting, maybe the images actually came from a source other than a security camera (or perhaps BP assumed the footage came from a surveillance camera).

@Shiressleuth suggested upthread maybe it was phone camera footage, or “a dropped phone still recording perhaps.” This is entirely possible, IMO.

One reason I can think of as to why LE wouldn’t share the actual video with BP is be because it shows something only the perpetrator would know about.

I agree with those who have said it doesn’t make much sense that Ally wouldn’t take her phone with her because it was raining that day, even though that’s what Nikki has stated publicly. If the killer was in possession of Ally’s phone, maybe because they had stolen it from her, and accidentally left it at the crime scene, wouldn’t s/he be the only one who would know that? Perhaps LE was hoping that by sharing those pictures with BP, he would slip up and say something about Ally’s phone being there, if he was the actual perpetrator.

Last edited:
Also from @Combatmedic2121 ‘s post dated Mar. 15, 2018:

“Sandals? So this originally came from them arresting Brian Perigo. He said police showed him a surveillance video and asked if the man in the video was him.“ (RBBM)
MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016

From the FOX2 article dated Nov. 3, 2016:

“Perigo was told investigators were looking for any evidence that may link him to the murder, including a pair of sandals surveillance images show the suspect they believe was wearing at the time.

‘He kept asking me questions and showing me pictures,’ he said. ‘I said that's not me, I don't wear sandals.’ (BBM)
Suspect in murder of Holly jogger says he is innocent

---------

That's an interesting idea, about Ally's cellphone... sorry about chopping your post -- for some reason, my replying to the entire thing is making the format turn out wacky.

Okay, I apologize that I can't recall (nor locate in the thread) as much of the particulars about the LE "surveillance video" as I'd like. So...

We agree there's no chance any surveillance video was taken on Ally's rural running route, correct? So, if it's not real images that came from Ally's cell, are we thinking this was an LE tactic to get more info from a POI? Or more that there were truly other cameras (at a location farther away, obviously) that actually did capture something that LE thought (at the time) may have tied into this crime?

Ugh, please post correctly.

Still wondering where the 'surveillance' footage came from? LE doesn't normally call cell phone photos or video "surveillance", to my knowledge, nor would the average person, IMO.
If it WAS from Ally's phone, that raises an even bigger red flag...why would her mother lie about her not taking her phone that day?
None of this makes sense.

Still wondering where the 'surveillance' footage came from? LE doesn't normally call cell phone photos or video "surveillance", to my knowledge, nor would the average person, IMO.
If it WAS from Ally's phone, that raises an even bigger red flag...why would her mother lie about her not taking her phone that day?
Any innocent person between Wes and or Nicki should have found and contacted Perigo by now to find out more about what was shown to him.

Because he is supposedly the only suspect to see the actual evidence that the cops had as far as images.

So if Wes and Nicki still haven't found and talked to Perigo. Then something is wrong.

Btw. I think Perigo looks more like Wes than Franz.

So I want to see these images as well. Jmo.

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    3.3 KB · Views: 15
777BEED5-BD17-4AE7-A4A7-5263A574CDB4.png BEEE8B18-DEEC-41FE-B198-E874C6568628.png EB90BC01-7694-4226-A8AE-3D95A0871951.jpeg 4EE4C7BB-ABB0-4978-B971-F212D15954B9.png 08E27DFD-17B9-4C93-B191-C6970F1E5108.jpeg 0255FFC5-1D95-4F20-B63B-35BD3A29F0BB.jpeg

Why I believed there may have been some kind of confrontation between Alex and Franz before her run that day and killed her.

The real answer to that question is complex, multi-faceted, and comes from the culmination of many different things.

1. The murder itself.... Middle of day, broad daylight, middle of public road, no sexual assault, 4 shotgun blasts to the back.

To me, this screams last minute, no planning, heat of the moment Rage.

2. Nikki’s comments about Franz...
- “He never forgave her”
- “He held a grudge”
- “He overreacted and that is how he is”
- “It’s the nature of the beast that is him”

3. Franz’s detailed “personal theory” of what happened...
- “The person who did this, they crossed paths, and something was said. That person got upset, went home and got a shotgun and came back because who would ride around with a shotgun? Yes there's people that do, but, like, it doesn't make any sense. So again, to me, it could be someone in the neighborhood or close by,"

(Their house is 1.7 miles away...)

Then he says it again...
- “My feeling is they somehow crossed paths. Who drives around with a shotgun? Maybe this person had enough time to go home, pick up a shotgun, and speeded down the road.”

4. The Short distance between where Alex was killed and their house.
(“Maybe this person has time to go home and pick up a shotgun” - Franz)

4. Finally...Vera Hogan interactions with Franz...
- During an interview, Franz said Ally was “very mouth and probably pissed someone off”
Nikki’s was Very pissed of that Franz said that... like Ally deserved to be killed because she was mouthy.

**And then Finally the Dot that connects all Dots....**

- Franz told Vera, on the day Alex was killed he was out in the Garage when Ally came out to put on here running shoes.
Franz asked Alex a question and Alex said something “Snippy”.
Then “Nikki gave him a dirty look, not the first one.”

(...the crossed paths... something was said... she probably pissed someone off... etc.)

Thank you! No, it doesn't make sense... So is this incomplete info -- mistaken info -- or fabricated info??

What happened that Saturday, from the wee hours on? Where is the timeline, of the events that transpired? WHO knows?

From the texts..Has neighbor been checked out as the Brueger family had become friendly with LE as a result of their calling LE on neighbor.
How could Franz ask Ally a question if they were not speaking to one another.
Franz saying Ally was mouthy might not be an insult but an attempt to answer a question from LE.Such as could Ally have responded in kind to a stranger during an altercation.
Did Franz even drive at that point at his age. IMO

Last edited:
From the texts..Has neighbor been checked out as the Brueger family had become friendly with LE as a result of their calling LE on neighbor.
How could Franz ask Ally a question if they were not speaking to one another.
Franz saying Ally was mouthy might not be an insult but an attempt to answer a question from LE.Such as could Ally have responded in kind to a stranger during an altercation.
Did Franz even drive at that point at his age. IMO

I wonder if CM2121 could elaborate on this neighbour issue - what problems were the Bruegers having with the neighbour that needed to be reported to LE. Was it an acrimonious dispute that could have escalated to a grudge ?

One of the things I glean from the texts above is that LE is professional but not especially receptive to the information being given about Franz.

We have several people including our VI providing information to detectives about Franz. There's a common response they get from LE in regards to providing info, such as "we're not worried about Franz" and "they have no concern about Franz".

I don't know what to make of it. Surely LE wants to solve this murder and get justice for Ally. They must have more evidence than we are aware of. Maybe there is a surveillance video/photo that points elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Checkyourhead