GUILTY MI - Amy Henslee, 30, Hartford Township, 24 Jan 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The record may extend prior to 1995, as when subtracting the 16 years since then from his age of 34 years, it would mean prior records would be as a juvenile.

jmo

Yes.... that is what I was getting at. I think there are going to be some interesting revelations to come.

This may have been alluded to previously, but I have some concerns about hubby.

I always found it odd that he left work so quickly after trying to call his wife at 10 AM the morning she vanished. Especially given she has no car, no cell phone and no home computer. Why hit the panic button and leave work so quickly? Was hubby keeping her so completely isolated on purpose? It smacks of control issues to me.

Perhaps he became so instantly worried about her because he had some previous reason to think she was in danger... but if that's the case, why keep her so isolated? Why not buy her a cell phone?

I wonder if he ran home right away thinking he'd catch her in the act of doing something wrong- like having an affair, perhaps. Otherwise, I have to go back to my original theory- that perhaps he's a bit controlling.

When he got to the house and found the door locked that morning, he drove into town to try and locate her? How would she have gotten to town with no car? If there was a specific person who generally helped her run errands, etc by giving her a ride during the day, why not reach out to that person to see if she'd been seen or heard from?

Obviously police officers/investigators are WAY smarter than I am... but I'm still a little suspicious that there may be more than what we've been told going on here.

JMO

I have heard they had a second car until recently but it broke down. He called her everyday at 10 am on his break. It was routine for them. When he called several times and still hadn't reached her by 10:30, he ran home to check on her.

I don't have a problem with her having no cellphone/no computer. She is a stay at home mom. Perhaps cutting back on expenses such as cellphones and internet is one of the ways that affords her to be able to stay at home with her children.

Just because you have no cellphone and internet doesn't mean you are isolated.

JMO

I am wondering about this same thing beli. Why, even to run an errand, would she leave her purse at the house? What could they have been doing? We know it appears the murders might have taken place at the trailer due to the blood pools and dog tracking but I wonder how they ended up there?

I just don't get the purse being left. Maybe I am too obsessed with bringing my purse everywhere I go lol. :waitasec:

It is so hard to decipher what really happened that morning when all we can do is speculate.

He may have given Amy no time to grab her purse or maybe she was being forced to leave and knew if she left her purse behind James would notice it immediately. I am not really sure they left with Jr willingly.

I think Amy knew her hubby would be worried when he couldn't get her on the phone. She knew he always came home for lunch.

Or it could have been something as simple as him dropping by with Tonya and asking Amy if she wanted to ride with them down to the country store and she went. He then may have said "I need to run by the house for a minute" and when they got there he told them to "come in for a second, its cold outside." EXAMPLE ONLY.

IMO

I have heard they had a second car until recently but it broke down. He called her everyday at 10 am on his break. It was routine for them. When he called several times and still hadn't reached her by 10:30, he ran home to check on her.

I don't have a problem with her having no cellphone/no computer. She is a stay at home mom. Perhaps cutting back on expenses such as cellphones and internet is one of the ways that affords her to be able to stay at home with her children.

JMO

Thanks! I think for me, all the little things put together seemed a little strange. If she just didn't have a cell phone OR just didn't have a computer, I don't think I'd have been suspicious. Just everything together, along with how quickly he panicked and left work because he couldn't reach her. If he was still unable to reach her after a couple of hours, or by the time his 2nd break rolled around, that's one thing... but just a half hour? I think his quick reaction to not being able to reach her right away, coupled with the lack of technology (granted, I'm a tech fanatic- I have my Blackberry at my side 24/7, my e-mail's always up... I'm constantly texting, IM'ing, talking on the phone, downloading apps, reading the news, etc) made me wonder.

Also, to rush home, obviously worried so quickly after not being able to reach her by phone... and then to not report her missing until almost 12 hours later? If he's the type to panic and rush home after 30 minutes of unanswered calls, I think he'd be the type to panic and call 911 within a couple hours of fruitless searching.

Not saying any of this is fact... just that I find it all a little odd. Not to mention, suspect is only confessing to one murder and not the other. Why? Perhaps becaue he didn't do them both... or didn't commit them both alone.

JMO

curioussc said:
I do find it strange that he confessed to one murder. Why? If he confesses to one, he may as well confess to both.

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2011/01...nd-buried.html

Beebe didn't enter a plea, but when Judge Robert Hentchel asked him about whether he was aware of the charges in Henslee's death, Beebe responded: "Did or didn't? No I didn't."

And this makes me sick:
The 34-year-old from Bangor, who was visibly distracted and didn't attempt to stifle yawns during the brief hearing, told the court he doesn't have a job and that he takes care of his father.

It must have been a few tiring days for you Beebe?!

Yeah, sounds like life was really tough on Junior. Maybe he didn't have a job because his temper got in the way.

Beebe didn't enter a plea, but when Judge Robert Hentchel asked him about whether he was aware of the charges in Henslee's death, Beebe responded: "Did or didn't? No I didn't."

He's adamant about that, so again, the question is, who is he saying DID kill Amy? Tonya W.? Is he saying Tonya shot Amy and then he shot Tonya in anger? None of it makes sense. Nothing.

JMO

I have had three cellphones..... now I don't have any because it is just a waste of money. I never used them. I am here at home most of the time and if I am not...I make sure I tell my hubby that I will be gone in case he calls and he also calls at particular times everyday from work.

In fact in the 27 years we have been married I have occasionally forgotten to tell him I would be outside working in the flowerbeds most of the day, and twice when he couldn't get me.... he came home from work to see if I was ok. Once when I mistakenly left the phone off the hook he had our son get off work and come check to see if I was ok since my husband was on the road traveling at the time.

It is all about caring and concern for the person you love and that loves you.

I find absolutely nothing wrong with James daily calls to his wife. It showed he really loved her. It shows me that they had a real close relationship. He knew when he didn't get her that morning something was wrong. It wasnt normal for Amy not to answer the phone when she knew he called her at 10 am each day and James knew it and he also knew she had no vehicle that day.

IMO

Junior Lee Beebe of Bangor was arraigned by video

Read more: http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2011/0...mom-2nd-woman-found-buried.html#ixzz1CMAeXcRp

Shouldn't media be able to get a copy of the video arraignment? We haven't even seen a mug shot since the arrest. I'm really curious about this guy's demeanor/appearance.

I believe this is his mug shot -

junior-beebe-junior-lee-beebe-henslee-7b2d6c4e0ecfb76a.jpeg

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/01/new_conf_notes_from_finnerty.html

I think he's pinning one murder on one of the dead women. That was my first thoughts this morning, and now with what I'm hearing locally from friends of the family, that is what people believe possibly happened. I don't think I can say more ? As it would be construed as rumor at this point ?

Yeah, sounds like life was really tough on Junior. Maybe he didn't have a job because his temper got in the way.

He's adamant about that, so again, the question is, who is he saying DID kill Amy? Tonya W.? Is he saying Tonya shot Amy and then he shot Tonya in anger? None of it makes sense. Nothing.

It doesn't make sense at all. I cannot wrap my head around this at all. Why would he and Tonya come and get Amy? What was the purpose?

If it was that Tonya shot Amy and then he shot Tonya, then why not come out and say it the day Amy went missing? (Or the other way around.) Why try and conceal the bodies and not step forward that he was at Amy's house until he knew that a neighbor had seen him?

And since he claiming to have only shot one of them, he may try to claim self defense....(not gonna work)...JMO Like saying A shot T and he shot A in self defense...

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2011/01/video_family_friend_of_amy_hen.html

video after presser with family spokesperson...

neighbor saw two women in the truck

So now the neighbor said she saw the black truck with a plow pull into the driveway and when it left it had a man and two smaller females.

Is this the relative that originally said he went to the house and no one was home?

IF it is, he probably said that to account for his truck being at the Henslee home.

JMHO
fran

The friend of the Henslee's was saying what the neighbor saw. Originally the neighbor told LE it was a male, or a male and one female. But when this woman (spokesman) and her hubby talked to the neighbor later, they then said it was a male and two females that left the home in a black truck. It was sometime between 9 - 9:30.

Earlier in another news conference, LE said they believe they were both killed at the same time and the morning of Amy's disappearance, Monday.

HTH
fran

snipped

Now earlier the spokeswoman for the family said yesterday (?) she and her husband were handing out fliers in the neighborhood and again talked to the neighbor who had spotted the black truck. It was then that the neighbor told them that when the truck left, there was a man and two smaller females.

JMHO
fran

It doesn't make sense at all. I cannot wrap my head around this at all. Why would he and Tonya come and get Amy? What was the purpose?

If it was that Tonya shot Amy and then he shot Tonya, then why not come out and say it the day Amy went missing? (Or the other way around.) Why try and conceal the bodies and not step forward that he was at Amy's house until he knew that a neighbor had seen him?

I am still confused about BJ stopping by Amy's in his truck.

Was his gf already at Amy's and came looking for her?
Did just the gf drive over to get Amy in BJ's truck?
Did both BJ and his gf drive over to get Amy?
The neighbor James spoke to mentioned "a girl" getting in the truck. Then the spokesperson said two girls. Which is it?

And since he claiming to have only shot one of them, he may try to claim self defense....(not gonna work)...JMO Like saying A shot T and he shot A in self defense...

No it will not work. Obviously he hasn't watched too many CSI shows.

Thanks! I think for me, all the little things put together seemed a little strange. If she just didn't have a cell phone OR just didn't have a computer, I don't think I'd have been suspicious. Just everything together, along with how quickly he panicked and left work because he couldn't reach her. If he was still unable to reach her after a couple of hours, or by the time his 2nd break rolled around, that's one thing... but just a half hour? I think his quick reaction to not being able to reach her right away, coupled with the lack of technology (granted, I'm a tech fanatic- I have my Blackberry at my side 24/7, my e-mail's always up... I'm constantly texting, IM'ing, talking on the phone, downloading apps, reading the news, etc) made me wonder.

Also, to rush home, obviously worried so quickly after not being able to reach her by phone... and then to not report her missing until almost 12 hours later? If he's the type to panic and rush home after 30 minutes of unanswered calls, I think he'd be the type to panic and call 911 within a couple hours of fruitless searching.

Not saying any of this is fact... just that I find it all a little odd. Not to mention, suspect is only confessing to one murder and not the other. Why? Perhaps because he didn't do them both... or didn't commit them both alone.

JMO

It isn't odd at all to me. Not everyone has to have a computer or a cell phone and they do just fine without both of them. From everything we have heard about Amy she was a sweet wonderful person who loved being a stay at home mom.

He called her parents and they came over and all of them were frantically searching trying to find Amy. He checked all around the neighborhood......called friends...and family. I thought he called at 4:20? Her parents told him to wait and if she wasn't back by the time she knew the children would be home then they would call and report her missing.

He knew his wife. That is a very good thing. He knew he should be concerned when he tried for 30 minutes to reach her to no avail.

Now I would rather have seen him rush home in time to find Amy possibly very ill so he could have called for help immediately to save her but imo by the time he got home Amy and Tonya were most likely already dead.

IMO

Wonder if they have the murder weapon. Wonder if there is just one or if there are two. Wonder if the bullets that killed Amy are the same as the bullets that killed his gf.

respectfully shortened

Confirmed by investigators, a call was made to police @ 4:20PM that afternoon. The dispatch told them to 'keep looking' for her. Was not until approx. 10PM that police came out to the house to take a report.

Link to news conference yesterday morning:
http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/missing-woman-case

Wonder if they have the murder weapon. Wonder if there is just one or if there are two. Wonder if the bullets that killed Amy are the same as the bullets that killed his gf.

They say both were shot multiple times in the head with a shotgun. (Ugh that just makes me cringe) Imo the caskets will be closed at the funeral.

They may have the shotgun. Although they would know instantly for the serious wounds suffered it was done by a shotgun.

There would be no bullets but they can match the pellets up to see if they match each other and they can forensically test the spent shotgun shell casings for prints although many times fingerprints aren't obtainable on the shell casings.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member