Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little more reported on the 5:00 news than an hour ago. Summary:

* No arrests yet in relation to April's murder

* LE using Armada schools administration building as headquarters from which they disperse to follow up on tips

* LE has very specific details about the way that April was murdered but won't release this information because only the killer will know about it

* Showed people outside the funeral home hugging as others entered for the visitation and video of the many pink bows around the Armada community

I think it's entirely possible that they're waiting for forensics or other test results to come back - getting all their ducks in a row, as suggested above by another poster - before charging. It simply seems too coincidental that the house was raided in connection with her murder, and the only thing they have 'em on, is weed: Instead, I think there's something more there.
I just hope they have it. JMO

I heard on the 4:00 p.m. news that computers and clothing was taken from the raid on the home. They would not be using limited personnel on raids for pot at this crucial time for the murder investigation. Also, I believe the Orchard Trail ends near the raided home.

Live Breaking news on WXYZ.COM SAYS police and FBI stopping all cars going in and out of Armada. Everyone checked gets an "X" on their hand. Something is happening very soon I bet.

WDIV now reporting that LE is stopping cars along streets in Armada and asking driver/passengers questions. More details on 6:00 report.

From the beginning I've wondered about the dog not protecting April. I wonder if the motorcycle noise scared the dog off. Many dogs do not like the loud noise of a motorcycle. The dog may have come back to April after the motorcycle was gone. Also, I've wondered how far April walked. She might have walked a leisurely 20 minute mile and if she lived a few blocks from the trail she may have walked 1/2 to 3/4 miles down the trail. I believe I read she was usually gone 1/2 hour.

I wonder if LE thinks that the perp/perps might go to the funeral home for the visitation. :waitasec:

April's family/friends have said that they thought she might have been beaten because of facial bruising. LE has not released any details about the COD other than it was a homicide. Reports today indicate that LE is closely guarding information about the way that April was killed, so I'm going to take the Daily Mail article with a grain of salt.

It is my understanding from the 5:00 news (searching for a link) that part of the reason they were able to get the search warrants is because some of the texts or calls from Aprils phone before it was dumped linked to a person or person(s) at that house.

^ :welcome: to Websleuths.
Thank you for the welcome BetteDavisEyes. I am actually a member since 2005 (Natalie holloway). You and I have actually followed quite a few cases together including the Tara Grant case. I am a fellow Michigander. My name was "Ella's Mom". For some reason I could not get signed in in May and they had to give me a new sign in and log in.

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-news/20140731/police-armada-teen-slaying-say-case-is-not-solved

As family and friends prepared to say their final farewells to April Millsap on Thursday, police investigating the slain Armada teen’s death say the case is not yet solved.

Hopes were raised Wednesday when the Armada Homicide Task Force executed several search warrants and took two St. Clair County men into custody. But police say those suspects are only facing drug charges at this point.

“Everyone thinks this case is solved -- it is not,” said Michigan State Police Lt. Michael Shaw. “Nobody is in custody for April’s death.” Shaw said as soon as the news broke of the search warrants being served, tips from the public “just stopped.”

http://www.wxyz.com/news/fbi-armada...vehicle-going-in-and-out-of-village-of-armada

well shoot tried to embed video but wasn't supported. video is at link of the road stops in Armada today.

So word is that texts from April's phone linked to the house before the phone was dumped. Hmmm. Still keeping a certain RSO from the Yale area in mind. In case he is somehow associated with members of that household. Texts linked to the house and a blue and white motorcycle driven by a resident there.

There may be no arrests yet regarding April but I feel LE is on the right track. I hope the tips that they need come in to clarify if that is true or not.

That's curious if texts were sent from April's phone to the younger man in custody. You would think someone would not be so stupid as to text their own phone with the phone of someone they just murdered. On the other hand, people are genuinely stupid sometimes. Another explanation could be that the man is a drug dealer and nothing more. I wonder if there were any texts between the two phones prior to the date of disappearance?

welcome back ellasmom :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members