GUILTY MI - April Millsap, 14, Armada, 24 July 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, busy but I glued myself to the news, a relative lives near where they were arrested and posted it on FB, so I ran to the link she had and then turned on the TV.

Local station, Fox2 News, has identified the father and showed his picture:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...after-search-connected-to-armada-teens-murder

On the 10pm newscast, they mentioned that the son was also arrested and showed brief clip of him in a car. The video clip from the 10pm newscast is not posted yet. Linked clip above is from the 6pm newscast.

Local station, Fox2 News, has identified the father and showed his picture:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...after-search-connected-to-armada-teens-murder

On the 10pm newscast, they mentioned that the son was also arrested and showed brief clip of him in a car. The video clip from the 10pm newscast is not posted yet. Linked clip above is from the 6pm newscast.

I missed it, I have live stream going, hoping they repeat it, or that 4 or 7 runs something at 11. I forgot about fox having the news on at 10pm.

I found a connection to Armada with JDV, someone is located there that he knows.

I've rarely posted here, just usually read, and unsure of what I can and can't post, so best I can do tonight, I will read through posting rules tomorrow.

I found a connection to Armada with JDV, someone is located there that he knows.

I've rarely posted here, just usually read, and unsure of what I can and can't post, so best I can do tonight, I will read through posting rules tomorrow.

You can always message one of our mods with the info you have and they will let you know if it's allowed. HTH

My thoughts and prayers are with April's family as they prepare for today's visitation and the funeral Mass tomorrow. I will wear something pink both days to support April's family and friends. :rose: :rose: :rose:

I will as well BetteDavisEyes, Im in an adjacent town to Armada and it has been quite a sight to see all the trees with their pink ribbons in support of this family and justice for April. I pray that an announcement of an arrest is soon to come.

July 30, 2014 at 10:30 pm

Community remembers slain Armada teen at concert; Wales Twp. house searched

Ursula Watson/The Detroit News

Neighbors in a rural township northeast of Armada watched all day as FBI agents executed a search warrant at a home in connection with the murder of 14-year-old Armada girl.

Rhonda O’Donnell said she had seen FBI staking out the home on Marquette Road in Wales Township watching the comings and goings of its occupants as early as 9 a.m. Wednesday.

O’Donnell said they arrested one man who shouted out to onlookers, “they got me on 15 marijuana plants.” She added she saw the plants taken out by police.

Meanwhile, more than 100 people turned out Wednesday night for a concert in the park that was dedicated to raising money for April’s funeral expenses...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140730/METRO03/307300108#ixzz39320Dmry

I don't own anything pink but will be thinking pink - for April's family.

I'll be going through Armada on Sun for my veggie, fruit and dairy run. Normally I go with my daughter on Friday and we make a stop in Armada, but we are going up north next week, so we have held it off until right before we go. We plan on sidetracking and going down the road by the portion of the path I believe she was located near. We usually make a stop in Armada, we are going to wait until we get there and decide if we stop in town or not. The whole thing just gives me the creeps and just can't stop thinking about it and her poor mom. Can't wait until they make an arrest in the case.

Last big case in this area was Tara Grant. My brother lived right down the street from her. I happened to be at Macomb County Circuit Court with a family member for their custody case when the trial was going on. It was so packed with the media, her family was all out in the waiting area and we did go in and listen to a bit of the proceedings that day. These are all just to close to home for comfort.

The story has gone national -- it's on the front page of Foxnews.com. I'm sorry - don't know how to post a link. Nothing new in the story, tho, but I'm glad it's getting national attention.

Faith D said her friend and classmate, 14-year-old April Millsap, was “like a sister to her.”

SNIP

“April was amazing,” D said. “I used to practically live at her house. We would go to the mall, go swimming; we hung out all the time.”

SNIP

D said April had a contagious, fun-loving personality and was well-liked by her teachers and peers.
“She was always so upbeat and bubbly,” D said. “She was so nice.”

SNIP

“I didn’t want to believe it. I thought there was no way this was true, that can’t be right.
“Then it sunk in that my best friend was gone,” D said, trying to hold back her emotions.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2014/07/friend_of_slain_armada_teen_sa.html

<fullname of minor friend altered in above snips>

While I was folding laundry and listening to WWJ radio, report indicated that the two men who have been taken into custody on the marihuana issue are being questioned in April Millsap's murder but they may or may not be suspects in the homicide. The individual who resembles the composite sketch could be the perp but might only be a witness to the murder. LE is still seeking the public's help with any tips they might have if they saw something in the location where April's body was located.

I like listening to WWJ (local CBS) radio but the website is a pain in the :butthead: to load/navigate. http://detroit.cbslocal.com/category/news/

interesting thoughts TravelBug. I never thought of the voice texting possibility because I don't use that feature, but my husband does so your post just made me :facepalm: How did I not think of that possibility?

Honestly I'd not have thought of it either had I not just gotten a funny text from someone who was doing it by voice!

While I was folding laundry and listening to WWJ radio, report indicated that the two men who have been taken into custody on the marihuana issue are being questioned in April Millsap's murder but they may or may not be suspects in the homicide. The individual who resembles the composite sketch could be the perp but might only be a witness to the murder. LE is still seeking the public's help with any tips they might have if they saw something in the location where April's body was located.

I like listening to WWJ (local CBS) radio but the website is a pain in the :butthead: to load/navigate. http://detroit.cbslocal.com/category/news/

From what I found the one who resembles the sketch, knows people in Armada. So he could have been in the area that day and may have seen something.

On the other hand seems like a big to do to speak to a possible witness. But with the marijuana being found, perhaps in trying to locate this person they received information on that and had enough for search warrants just on the information with the marijuana. Then there is also the fact that the father is a RSO, not uncommon in cases for police to check out RSO's nearby. Be happy when it is sorted out and they do make an arrest on whoever murdered April.

Bette - I, too, listen to Roberta Jacina every morning on WWJ til around 9am, but this morning I couldn't - thanks for your info. And you're right -- their website is pretty awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera