GUILTY MI - April Millsap, 14, Armada, 24 July 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a white van @ 57:37 too! Not sure if LE is still looking for that one or not, but I remember they were initially.

I believe they located and cleared the grey work van they were seeking

Judging from the power lines it looks like 1:00:35 is when those woods end and the 4-wheeler path or trail heads north under those power lines along Lake Omo.

There also seems to be some kind of ditch (maybe drainage ditch?) coming from the east in that general vicinity, according to Google Earth, although it may run back further west and into the woods as well, hard to tell.

I'm sure most of you remember that LE mentioned early in the investigation that they are closing in on the killer and that the killer knew this, as well. I was sure that they were on the right track and were waiting for forensic test results to confirm. Now it seems like they don't really have someone in mind :( and are back to square one. Fingers crossed that this is not the case and that LE is just biding their time until they have all the pieces of the puzzle before making an arrest and filing charges in this horrible crime.

Welcome to Websleuths!!!!

Thank you. My wife and I just bought 22 acres in Armada back last October. I have been working out there every day . We plan on building a house. The day and timeframe that this happened, my wife and I were at our property with our 2 kids. 5 years old and 10 years old. Our kids were playing in the woods while we were staking out where we are going to place our house. We had no idea that sometime during out time at our property there was a killer lurking. Our property backs up to the trail. I would guess .25 to .5 of a mile from where she was murdered. This is so scary. We were so close to this when it was happening!!! We didn't see or hear a thing.

ven there was one news report that reported LE activity and her body possibly being found off Liberty Lane. It was on my map but the pin is now missing. Let me add it back and I will post the link. I think it may be the area you are describing. https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid...ll=42.852184,-82.866783&spn=0.042977,0.064974 Is this in the general vicinity of what you were thinking? See the blue pin

The police told me her body was found about a qtr mile south of the armada ridge and Omo intersection 15 feet off the trail. I asked the question after they put an X on my hand.

Thank you. My wife and I just bought 22 acres in Armada back last October. I have been working out there every day . We plan on building a house. The day and timeframe that this happened, my wife and I were at our property with our 2 kids. 5 years old and 10 years old. Our kids were playing in the woods while we were staking out where we are going to place our house. We had no idea that sometime during out time at our property there was a killer lurking. Our property backs up to the trail. I would guess .25 to .5 of a mile from where she was murdered. This is so scary. We were so close to this when it was happening!!! We didn't see or hear a thing.

Oh my goodness...how scary!!!

I hope they catch whoever did this quickly! I can't even imagine ....speechless....

The police told me her body was found about a qtr mile south of the armada ridge and Omo intersection 15 feet off the trail. I asked the question after they put an X on my hand.

The BLUE pin is accurate according to the LE told me when stopped at the intersection of Omo and Armada Ridge. Also when we were leaving our property you could see a lot of police lights a qtr mile south of that intersection.

Oh my goodness...how scary!!!

I hope they catch whoever did this quickly! I can't even imagine ....speechless....

It is the most eery feeling I have ever felt. Just knowing we were so close when the incident took place. This could have been both my children. Voices travel far out there in the country, who knows, my kids laughing and running around in the woods may have scared the killer off. My wife and I have talked about selling the property if they don't catch the killer. We bought the property to raise our kids where the schools are good and away from the crime and drugs. We are both so scared.

Does anyone know why I do not have permission to post a picture?

That does not make much sense since that intersection is more like 3/4 of a mile from where the trail is. If she was 15 feet off the trail that would put her body somewhere around half to 3/4 mile from that intersection.

But it does help in narrowing things a bit. All recent accounts seem to point to her being located just off the trail near where it intersects with Omo Rd.

I really hope that LE has new leads coming in. This has to be so disturbing for such a quiet community. A killer is out there. So unsettling for residents. It seems such an out of place event to take place in such a rural small town setting. I hope it does not put a damper on your plans for your home.

The area is really lovely around there.

That does not make much sense since that intersection is more like 3/4 of a mile from where the trail is. If she was 15 feet off the trail that would put her body somewhere around half to 3/4 mile from that intersection.

But it does help in narrowing things a bit. All recent accounts seem to point to her being located just off the trail near where it intersects with Omo Rd.

I really hope that LE has new leads coming in. This has to be so disturbing for such a quiet community. A killer is out there. So unsettling for residents. It seems such an out of place event to take place in such a rural small town setting. I hope it does not put a damper on your plans for your home.

The area is really lovely around there.

When I look at the google map someone put together. There is a "grey box" the describes "possible location of body". This grey box is accurate according to LE I have spoken to. Between the blue and green pin is the "grey box" and that's accurate.

thanks, I was hoping I was putting the grey box in the right area :)

But seriously, don't freak out about the home. This murder appears to be an aberration. The area is beautiful, it seems a very quiet good community to raise your family in. Watching the community pull together after these events has shown what a family place this is IMO. Try not to let this event take the joy out of your family's plans to build a life there.

thanks, I was hoping I was putting the grey box in the right area :)

But seriously, don't freak out about the home. This murder appears to be an aberration. The area is beautiful, it seems a very quiet good community to raise your family in. Watching the community pull together after these events has shown what a family place this is IMO. Try not to let this event take the joy out of your family's plans to build a life there.

Thanks Tycia. We will try. I'm trying to post a picture of my property but do not have permission. Also, on the google map. Someone put a red line based off my statement. That's not accurate. The grey box is accurate per LE.

topend22 you may be having difficulty with posting a pic because there may be a minimum post count required before you can use such features as private messaging and posting attachments. I am not sure. Just guessing. A moderator coudl tell you for sure if that is the issue.

I will fix the map removing the redline

Thanks Tycia. We will try. I'm trying to post a picture of my property but do not have permission. Also, on the google map. Someone put a red line based off my statement. That's not accurate. The grey box is accurate per LE.

When I asked the officer "where did they find her?" When being questioned at the intersection, the officer pointed south down Omo and said "15 feet off the trail down by the Omo entrance, I can't give out any other details about the case". I stated, "I understand, keep up the great work" I was just guessing when I said a QTR mile. Sorry for the confusion. They grey box is accurate according to more then one LE officer as well as a US Marshall. Sorry for the confusion.

topend22 you may be having difficulty with posting a pic because there may be a minimum post count required before you can use such features as private messaging and posting attachments. I am not sure. Just guessing. A moderator coudl tell you for sure if that is the issue.

I will fix the map removing the redline

Thank you Ticya! :)

FYI. Liberty Ln is a short dead end street off Colonial Dr. It's on the map near the location of the grey box. You need to zoom in and the name will show up. Actually it's the closest street to the grey box.

Someone on an ATV. fourwheeler, or dirtbike could easily access the trail, assault April and the go back off the trail via fields or open land and swing by the lake and dump evidence. I still can't get past the idea that a vehicle is involved somehow, but one that was not restricted to only travelling on the roads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem