GUILTY MI - April Millsap, 14, Armada, 24 July 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members of the Armada Homicide Task Force set up checkpoints on two roads -- Fulton near Depot and Main Street at Church -- asking drivers if they had been in the area on July 24, the day the 14-year-old April was killed. They jotted down motorist’s names and addresses and showed them photos of April.

The move came exactly seven days after joggers found the teen’s body in a drainage ditch off the Macomb Orchard Trail near a municipal garage.

“We are going back to the area of interest and the same time frame as when the incident took place,” said FBI Special Agent David Porter. “We are trying to find anyone who may have additional information on the murder.”

http://www.voicenews.com/articles/2...53dba9d727ffd458732952.txt?viewmode=fullstory

I have a theory IMO... I think there is connection with the teacher that allegedly molested a 13 year old, same grade as April. If April was going to be a key witness in putting this man behind bars for life, someone very close to this man could be killer. I think the police need to look into a connection between the two and see if April had anything to do with turning this man into the authorities.
This man was just arraigned on a 400k bond and prosecutors are putting the case and witness list together to put the man away for possible life.

ARMADA, Mich (WJBK) -- An Armada teacher has been charged with first degree criminal sexual misconduct, charges arising from an alleged sexual relationship with a 13-year-old student.

Same grade as April!!

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/2...alleged-relationship-with-13-year-old-student

This is just theory I have.

Can you elaborate? What are you thinking? That LE are missing someone as a suspect because they live in or around Armada because their official address of record is Detroit for work purposes?

Just saying why someone with a nice house would also have a residence in Detroit for certain jobs in Detroit with a Detroit residency requirement, not saying anything about involvement in the case.

If April did have knowledge or evidence of something relating to the case of the teacher being pursued for molesting a student, then surely LE know about that connection. At least I would think it would be on their radar. If so, perhaps investigation is being done quietly into that possible angle.

Whoever did this to April, I hope that the quiet is not an indicator of a lack of leads. That was really worrisome when LE told the public that once the pot bust took place all their tips dried up. I hope they are receiving new ones now that they have clarified that those arrests are unrelated to April's case.

Just saying why someone with a nice would also have a residence in Detroit. I'm not saying anything about involvement in the case.

Thanks, I read back and saw where I had missed a post that clarified that.

Brief report on WDIV news at 6:00. Very few incoming tips. Leads drying up. LE still hopes to solve the case but needs the public's help to find the perp.

Brief report on WDIV news at 6:00. Very few incoming tips. Leads drying up. LE still hopes to solve the case but needs the public's help to find the perp.

They either have no suspects at this point which is the worst case scenario or have an idea who did it but no evidence linking them to the crime.

Hope they pick up some touch DNA from April or her belongings and will have the results soon.

I heading across the state tomorrow as my brother was air lifted there to a hospital. Good wishes, positive energy, and prayers are welcome.

Hope they pick up some touch DNA from April or her belongings and will have the results soon.

I heading across the state tomorrow as my brother was air lifted there to a hospital. Good wishes, positive energy, and prayers are welcome.

Prayers for you, your brother and family.

launching intent and prayers for strength.

From WXYZ:

Dozens of community members came out Sunday, wearing bike helmets, wearing pink in honor of April Millsap.

People rode from Armada to Romeo peacefully, proceeding in silence bearing the pink ribbons on their bikes.

This is just one of the many events honoring April going on around Armada.

There's also a fundraiser for April's family at the Sunoco Gas Station in Armada.

The gas station at 32 Mile and Romeo Plank is donating five cents for every gallon of gas sold to April's family.

There will also be a car wash starting at 10 a.m., and a Kona Ice truck will be selling snow cones in the parking lot all day.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your brother. Have a safe trip.

Another article from The Voice:

Headline: Police in Armada teen slaying to resume probe this week

Snipped from Page 1 of article and BBM:
The Armada Homicide Task Force took a break Sunday from their ongoing efforts to find out who killed 14-year-old April Millsap and planned to re-group today to resume the investigation.
Police have not publicly stated how the teen died, but family members have indicated she was beaten to death.

Snipped from page 4 of article and BBM and UBM:
Meanwhile, the homicide task force – which consists of law enforcers from Armada Police Department, the FBI, Michigan State Police, and Macomb County Sheriff’s Office – took a break after working several hours last Saturday.

Some of the investigators had been working 20-hour days since the case broke.

They were expected to re-group today and continue to review tips that were gained during a massive checkpoint stop on July 31 where hundreds of motorists coming into town were stopped and shown a composite sketch of a person of interest.

Police last week arrested two men on drug charges in St. Clair County in relation to the homicide, but have since indicated they do not believe the pair was involved in the slaying.

Police have also cleared April’s family and boyfriend.

August 4, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Bicyclists ride trail to honor slain Armada girl

Associated Press

Armada — Hundreds of people have pedaled their bikes on a Macomb County trail to honor a 14-year-old girl who was killed while walking her dog.

Greg Ezzo says he usually gets eight to 10 riders each Sunday night, but as many as 400 rode through Armada on the Macomb Orchard Trail...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140804/METRO03/308040069#ixzz39RjrHmQf

...Meanwhile, an estimated 400 people took part Sunday in a bicycle ride titled “Taking Back the Trail” through Armada and on the Macomb Orchard Trail -- where the slain teen’s body had been found -- in honor of April’s memory.

Greg Ezzo of Armada heads Farmada Freeride, a bicycle advocacy group that meets for Sunday night bike rides. He said the group’s normal turnout is about 8 to 10 riders.

“We were pretty surprised to see so many people turn out tonight,” he said, adding many wore pink, which was April’s favorite color.

Ezzo, 24, said there was little advance publicity for the ride, other than some posts on Facebook. He said the turnout underscores the community’s determination to make sure there are no future tragedies such as what happened to April.

“I’m sure the attendance was a reaction to what happened to April,” Ezzo said. “Apparently the word spread like wildfire. There are a lot of people who use that trail and everyone wanted to show they are not afraid and they are not going to let one guy keep the public off the trail.” ...

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-...in-armada-teen-slaying-to-resume-probe-monday

Meanwhile, the homicide task force -- which consists of law enforcers from Armada Police Department, the FBI, Michigan State Police, and Macomb County Sheriff’s Office -- took a break after working several hours on Saturday.
Some of the investigators had been working 20-hour days since the case broke.
They are expected to re-group on Monday and continue to review tips that were gained during a massive checkpoint stop on July 31 where hundreds of motorists coming into town were stopped and shown a composite sketch of a person of interest.

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-...in-armada-teen-slaying-to-resume-probe-monday

I don't have anything of substance to add, but I just had to thank you, Bette and tlcya, for keeping this thread updated.

I had thought there'd be a quick resolution to this case BUT, I'm not discouraged yet,...with this LE task force...justice will prevail.

JMO

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

Is anyone here who has access to the warrants can u post them in PDF? I would so appreciate if they are available, Tia!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove