GUILTY MI - April Millsap, 14, Armada, 24 July 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The knockout angle is an interesting one, but as far as I know that's an inner city thing, and in any event I have a hard time believing that teenagers sucker punching a girl would bother with moving her body. Typically when those are fatal the attackers don't know, they just punch someone and take off, the consequences of their attack not even remotely on their mind.

I think if she was in fact beaten to death it was pre-meditated murder, because of the body being moved. Alternatively, if there was water in the area then she might have been forcibly drowned (which would immediately suggest homicide) or if she were strangled their might be skin / DNA under her fingernails, something that suggested she fought back.

If the LE were to release COD, I would think it could possibly bring in a new flood of tips. For example. She was drowned to death. Then some parent may think twice about why their child came home muddy and wet that afternoon. I think they should release COD to help bring in additional tips. I don't see how it can hurt at this point. Also, the 75k bind was a surtey bond. Meaning he only needs to post 10 percent or $7500 to get out of jail.

FYI, I called the tip line last week and asked if LE has looked into the teacher that molested the 13 year old girl in Armada Middle School and the tip line told me "that is a rumor that has zero truth to it and there is no connection to the 2 incidents".

Assuming she is not the one that sent that text, what would the motive be for the suspect to do so? I can't figure it out.

Assuming she is not the one that sent that text, what would the motive be for the suspect to do so? I can't figure it out.
My guess is to make it look like she was being kidnapped by some stranger after she was murdered by someone she knew.

My guess is to make it look like she was being kidnapped by some stranger after she was murdered by someone she knew.
That would be my guess, as well. Also, perhaps, to throw the search off track, and to give the impression she'd been taken away from the park area. If true, it's another sign that the perp is naive, or just not very bright.

No updates on the case again today :( I hope investigators are still waiting for forensic results and that the case isn't getting cold. :please: let there be justice for April and her family.

wow, irony? Or a predator on the loose?

i found this site while researching this case and i love it! it took me a bit to actually join and post though. hello everybody. i live on omo road in armada close to the schools and have for the past 6 years. i know the area well. you guys have dug up some good information and are more current than our local news sources it seems. i have a comment and a question.

i know where april's house is and i know where she was found. my thoughts are that it would be extremely difficult if not impossible to walk from her house and back in a 1/2 hour. i definitely couldn't do it. my thoughts are that she strayed from her norm this night or decided on an extended walk maybe.

my question for you all is why is the fbi involved in this case. it seems very rare that they handle routine murder investigations. am i mistaken on this?

I thought to mislead the LE and they would put all their efforts into looking elsewhere, but the body was found so easily and quickly I just don't know either. I think LE has a pretty good idea if April or someone else sent the text by comparing it to other texts she sent. Omg seems to be very common among teens, but I wonder if April used the abbreviation of WTF

i know where april's house is and i know where she was found. my thoughts are that it would be extremely difficult if not impossible to walk from her house and back in a 1/2 hour. i definitely couldn't do it. my thoughts are that she strayed from her norm this night or decided on an extended walk maybe.

my question for you all is why is the fbi involved in this case. it seems very rare that they handle routine murder investigations. am i mistaken on this?

I thought since the Lindberg kidnapping, all kidnapping cases were Federal and investigated by the FBI. Since it could have been a kidnapping case gone wrong (the text), the FBI was called in.

I figure it would be a mile from her house to the final destination which would be a 15 minute mile which is a pretty fast clip. I could not have walked that fast with my dog because he had to sniff everything.

i found this site while researching this case and i love it! it took me a bit to actually join and post though. hello everybody. i live on omo road in armada close to the schools and have for the past 6 years. i know the area well. you guys have dug up some good information and are more current than our local news sources it seems. i have a comment and a question.

Hi shy, welcome to WS. If you know where April was found, tell tlcya and they can update the map.
https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid...4,-82.866783&spn=0.042977,0.064974&dg=feature

Welcome to Websleuths!

BBMThe FBI and most State Police Agencies have units that assist local police departments and sheriff offices with major crimes. There was a time that the FBI only became involved in kidnappings if the victim was transported across state lines or if the offense occurred on Federal property. Fortunately, they now assist in most crimes like these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member