GUILTY MI - April Millsap, 14, Armada, 24 July 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OK. I just listened (again) to the WWJ report that is airing this morning after the CBS national news at the top of the hour. JVC's attorney, Dean Ankouny is interviewed by WWJ legal analyst, Charlie Langton. DA explains that his client grew up in Armada, still has ties to the community, and may or may not have been in the area on the day April's murder. He insists that JVC didn't know April and maintains his innocence in her murder. DA anticipates that his client will be charged with murder.

Well, what do you know? WWJ has just updated their site with the latest on the April Millsap case.

Charges Might Be Filed In April Millsap’s Murder; Attorney Says Person Of Interest Is Innocent

September 23, 2014 9:58 AM

ARMADA (WWJ) - Murder charges could be forthcoming in the death of a 14-year-old girl who was found strangled along a popular nature trail, but an attorney for a man named as a person of interest in the case says his client is innocent...

...Now, reports say VanCallis is going to be charged with Millsap’s murder...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/09...attorney-says-person-of-interest-is-innocent/

Those of us who have faithfully followed this case from Day 1 have been very patient :waiting: I'm sure that we can hang on just a little longer until there are charges filed and those responsible for this heinous crime are arrested.

I think this is the first time I'm posting on Websleuths. Great site.

Fishing for a motive is tough. If I'm following everything correctly, the person currently in custody has a son in the same grade as the deceased. I'm sure the son has been interviewed. I wonder what came of that interview, and I wonder whether he has anything new to offer now at this point in the investigation.

"She witnessed a crime" or "Possible pedophile at school" or "POI is a perv" - this isn't much to go on. I take it there's evidence the public isn't privy to, but I wanted to mention what drew me into this case (I've read the 40-page thread in its entirety): the text message is the stuff of classic crime stories. And then to find out how much manipulation of information there was: "no signs of (a particular kind of) assault" and no evidence of sexual assault (but clearly evidence - legitimate or not - of a sexual element to the crime). The misinformation and the conflicting reports: fascinating and heartbreaking stuff.

Discovered this case, So sad, she was so beautiful and the poor dog guarding her broke my heart. I just read the entire last thread and was hoping by the end there would have been a arrest.
Also i think the text was her, i would probably text my partner the exact same thing if i saw a white van following me. she was probably slightly worried but didnt actually think that would happen. She probably didnt have time to write a follow up text

still no news :(

Teh items found on Church and Lathrop property really confuse me as they don't line up with the POI having dumped them (JMO). Which makes me question if the POI was involved at all or if he had some accomplice.

Something is missing, lots of somethings are missing. Motive. Why dump things at the recent pool draining location? Why go in that direction and then backtrack toward home and reported location of body? Its all very strange.

Feels like lots of major puzzle pieces are missing, some of them edge pieces which are so helpful in solving the puzzle.

I keep hoping for an arrest soon, and praying it's the right perpetrator they charge! I don't post much else since there's nothing new (and I'm not a good sleuth, but this is local for me, so I'm following).

Armada-Geddon is coming soon

The Armada-Geddon parade is on Oct. 4. This year’s race is a memorial to April Millsap. The 5K run begins on Church Street at about 10 a.m. Main Street will be closed for the street fair from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. then for the parade at 7 p.m. Parking will be available at Fifth Third Bank, Korte’s Market and at Park Electric, in addition to the regular municipal lots. The Armada Free Public Library will create some LEGO fun in addition to selling crafts and refreshments from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. A variety of activities will happen on Main Street in addition to the Mr. and Ms. Zombie Armada contest for a $100 prize, and the Little Ms. and Little Mr. Zombie Armada contest for a candy prize. The winners will ride in the Armada Area Chamber of Commerce float in the parade. Visit armada-geddon.com for 5K run forms, vendor applications or parade applications. Volunteers are still needed. Call (586) 784-8873 to help.

http://www.voicenews.com/articles/2014/09/28/armada_times/doc54243927a76a6631138526.txt

DH is playing golf in Richmond (near Armada) today. I hope he gets some good "vibes" about the case moving forward very soon.

? :confused: ?

:sigh:

Who killed this beautiful child? Sitting here looking at my daughter, who turns 14 in 3 weeks, I cannot conceive of April's parents' pain.

I hope April's family, including Penny, are able to provide one another some strength and comfort in her absence.

DH and I are "up north" (Mackinac Island) for a long weekend. It has rained almost the entire time we've been here, and it is only going to be in the 40s today. Looks like it's cold and rainy downstate, as well.

I was afraid that I'd miss a development in the case without access to local news at home, but it looks like there hasn't been anything new. So sad that April's family has no idea who murdered their loved one :(

Charges to be announced Wednesday in Armada teen’s slaying

ARMADA, Mich. -
Authorities are holding a 1 p.m. press conference Wednesday to announce charges in April Millsap's slaying.

The Macomb County prosecutor and sheriff, Armada police chief, Michigan State Police and FBI will be present.

ClickOnDetroit.com will live stream the press conference...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ed-wednesday-in-armada-teens-slaying/29007250

Charges To Be Announced Wednesday In Murder Of Armada Teen April Millsap

October 8, 2014 8:44 AM

ARMADA (WWJ) - Sources have confirmed to WWJ Newsradio that charges are going to be filed in connection with the death of a 14-year-old girl whose body was found along a popular nature trail.

Macomb County Prosecutor Eric Smith is expected to announce the charges Wednesday afternoon, although sources declined to discuss specific details...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/10...esday-in-murder-of-armada-teen-april-millsap/

Sources tell Fox 2's Erika Erickson James VanCallis will be charged with Millsap's murder.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/26733804/police-james-vancallis-to-be-charged-with-millsap-murder

The Investigators reported exclusively on the Goodells man and his extensive ties to Armada. The farm he grew up on is not far from the trail where April Millsap's body was found. And his son was classmates with Millsap.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/macomb-county/prosecutors-call-100-pm-news-conference-to-announce-charges-in-april-millsap-murder-case

Macomb County Prosecutor Eric Smith announced members of his staff as well as Armada Police Chief Howard Smith, County Sheriff Tony Wickersham and representatives from the Federal Bureau of Investigations and Michigan State Police will be on hand at the briefing, which will be held in the county administration building.

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-news/20141008/authorities-to-update-millsap-investigation-no-word-on-charges

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back