GUILTY MI - April Millsap, 14, Armada, 24 July 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So glad to hear that JV has been charged and they have physical as well as electronic evidence... wonder what the electronic evidence is.

I am thinking cel phone pings or google location. Most smart phones now constantly track your location and its way more accurate than a series of pings, if you have activated google aps on your cel phone your phone pretty much knows at all times exactly where you are.

Thoughts for the community, thoughts and prayers for April's loved ones and also sincere prayers for the accused's son (classmate of April). This whole situation must be horrific for him. I can't imagine how hard it is to be in that young man's shoes right now. :(

So pieces begin to fall into place. The text was her after being confronted by a "creepster" on the trail. People witnessed him with her. They part ways. She thought she had eluded him and the danger was past. He, meanwhile was not gone but simply stalking her more discreetly, unseen as she proceeded with the walk.

He attacks her from behind and beats her with helmet, and then attempts to assault her. Witnesses (did they see him in the location the body was later found perhaps?) and he is on video in possession of her phone later.

If they found those boots (unscheduled garbage pickup) you can bet they will match features of them to the bruises. Just thinking out loud.

ETA just finished the article clickondetroit. they did just that. It's what I get for trying to be detective before reading all the facts :D

"As the investigation progressed and intensified, the evidence led in only one direction...James Vancallis," said Macomb County Prosecutor Eric Smith said. "My office intends to present physical, electronic and eyewitness testimony and evidence placing Vancallis at the scene of the murder with the victim at the time of the murder.”

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/details-of-april-millsaps-death-emerge/29017610

Must feel pretty confident about TOD

Michigan man charged in murder of teen who was viciously attacked while walking her dog

James VanCallis Jr., who grew up not far from where 14-year-old April Millsap's body was found in July and has a son who was her classmate, was charged Wednesday with first degree premeditated murder, felony murder and assault with intent to commit sexual penetration.

BY NINA GOLGOWSKI
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Wednesday, October 8, 2014, 3:24 PM

"Now the process of clearing my brothers name," a statement begins. "To everyone who wants to continually bash and harass bring it we are a tough family with a strong bond and your hate doesn't make us or break us.. haters are motivators.."

Read more at ....

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...teen-found-dead-walking-dog-article-1.1967642

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like an airtight case and am so glad that justice is coming for April. Wonder what it will take to convince JVC's family of his guilt?

Am also curious about the witness who interrupted the rape. Why, I wonder, didn't that person ensure April made it home safely or, even more practical, call 911 to report an attempted rape? Did he/she not realize what was in progress until in retrospect, when recalling victim and suspect together? In that scenario, why would April not have sought help from the witness? I presume investigators have pieced together answers to these questions and we will eventually learn the series of events leading to April's murder and beyond.

I guess this answers some of my questions, at least in part:

How police pieced together evidence that led to charges in murder of Armada teen April Millsap

Jim Kiertzner
5:40 PM, Oct 8, 2014

Police have three witnesses, one is a classmate to April that saw her talking to a man on a motorcycle. April tried to get away from him.
That man allegedly ambushed her from behind using his helmet as a weapon, dragged her into the woods and attempted to sexually assault her.

Read more at ...

http://www.wxyz.com/news/how-police...hat-led-to-charges-in-murder-of-april-millsap

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

April's classmate was likely too fearful to intervene in the attack, but his/her presence deterred JVC from raping April.

April's parents just walked into courtroom and are seated. Hopefully, the Judge will enter soon so the proceedings can begin.

Tuned in and waiting to see what happens today. :(

~

And Here we go.....Judge taking the bench

Still nothing. Guess this is what's meant by the Wheels of Justice turning slowly...

Defendant stands Mute. Judge enters a Not Guilty plea on his behalf.

Defendant waives his right to the 14 day Examination rule.

Pre-Exam Conference scheduled for Thursday November 13th @ 1:30pm

Examination set for two days a Monday & Tuesday - December 15th & 16th

People request that there be No Bond.

Defense requests a high bond with a possible tether. Due to the fact they do not want him serving an long period in custody in case he is found Not Guilty.

Judge makes comments that allegations here are extremely violent and defendant has a pending drug charge. Also that he and has previously had 9 misdemenor contacts with police. Has twice disappered in a Shop Lifting case. Given all those reason he will order Defendant held without bond.

~

No Bond! Yay!

Still nothing. Guess this is what's meant by the Wheels of Justice turning slowly...

Did your screen freeze BDE? That happened to me and I had to refresh to get active video. It was short.

Judge orders James VanCallis to be held without bond

Man facing murder, assault charges

ROMEO, Mich. -
Judge Denis LeDuc ordered James VanCallis to be held without bond Thursday during a preliminary hearing. VanCallis is charged in connection to the murder of 14-year-old April Millsap.

VanCallis' attorney, Dean Ankouny, asked that a bond be posted and a tether be attached to the defendant instead of jail time without bond.

But Judge LeDuc decided to hold VanCallis without bond. He noted that the allegations against the man are serious and extremely violent and mentioned a pending felony drug charge that VanCallis is also facing...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...for-vancallis-in-armada-murder-trial/29027622

Man arraigned on murder in Millsap death

Ursula Watson, The Detroit News 10:05 a.m. EDT October 9, 2014

A man suspected in the death of a Armada teenager who was found in a ditch along the Macomb Orchard Trail in July was arraigned Thursday morning.

James Donald VanCallis, 32, was in 42nd District Court in Romeo in connection with the death of April Millsap. He was already being held behind bars on a drug charge. No bond was granted by Romeo District Judge Denis LeDuc for VanCallis. A pre exam conference was set for Nov. 13...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne.../10/09/james-donald-vancallis-court/16961627/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back