GUILTY MI - April Millsap, 14, Armada, 24 July 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Macomb County Prosecuting Attorney podium set up. Adjusting microphones.

Still adjusting mikes. There's audio now. Setting up chairs beside podium.

whew, made it, was hoping I could schedule lunch so I could watch the presser.

all I am getting is commercials

Three charges against James Van Callis. There is physical, electronic, and eyewitness evidence against Van Callis. Murder was premeditated. No motive mentioned at this point. JVC will be arraigned tomorrow morning at 9:00AM.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/watch-live-charges-announced-in-april-millsap-slaying/29009146

found a better link

thousands of tips investigated. Many unrelated to James Vancallis

ICE ATF Immigration, various police depts have assisted. Main figureheads have been FBI Mich state police Macomb county and Armada pd

Working together as one strong unit has been fantastic. Sheriff's and prosecutors office from county where pot bust took place. Their working with us has been huge.

Glad to be able to charge someone for April's murder. Glad to hand off this case and close the investigation portion and move forward to prosecution phase. Expect very successful prosecution.

Won't be discussing details. respect for parents who are here.

WHY bring charges now,

cleared thousands of tips, had to get to the point of proving guilt beyond reasonable doubt. feel confident that today is the day to move forward.

Family involved? Truthful?

Only charges at this time are against James himself.

Motive?

We don't have to prove motive. we can put him at the scene with our victim at the time of the crime. physical and electronic evidence.

premeditation?

Term that can be from seconds, minutes hours to days. 1st degree murder to provide we will need to prove premeditation

arraignment 9 am tomorrow morning in district court

confident we can prove each count beyond reasonable doubt.

I live 30 minutes from this city where the murder took place and have been following the case. I am glad they are able to move forward with this prosecution so the family can gain some justice for the death of their sweet girl. Thought it would be weird if myself or people I know in the county will get called for jury duty.

Macomb prosecutor announces charges in Millsap killing

Leonard N. Fleming, The Detroit News 1:20 p.m. EDT October 8, 2014

The Macomb County prosecutor's office on Wednesday announced charges against a 32-year-old man in the killing of Armada teen April Millsap.

Prosecutor Eric Smith said during a press conference in the main lobby of the Macomb County Administration Building in Mount Clemens that James Donald VanCallis has been charged in the death.

VanCallis faces three charges, including first-degree premeditated murder and felony murder, Smith said, both of which carry a maximum penalty of life in prison...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...millsap-murder-investigation-macomb/16909309/

Man charged with murder in Armada teen's death

ARMADA, Mich. -
A man has been charged with murder in the death of Armada teen April Millsap.

James Vancallis Jr. is facing charges of first-degree murder, felony murder and assault with intent to commit sexual contact.

Vancallis, who is in custody on unrelated drug charges, had been the only person of interest named by police in the 14-year-old's slaying...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/man-charged-with-murder-in-armada-teens-death/29008910

I live 30 minutes from this city where the murder took place and have been following the case. I am glad they are able to move forward with this prosecution so the family can gain some justice for the death of their sweet girl. Thought it would be weird if myself or people I know in the county will get called for jury duty.

:welcome: to Websleuths and the April Millsap discussion. I live in Oakland County but both of my brothers are in Macomb.

So glad to hear that JV has been charged and they have physical as well as electronic evidence... wonder what the electronic evidence is.

Impatiently awaiting the legal proceedings to come....

Thank you!!!! Mostly a follower of the cases. This one touches home as I have close friends that live in Armada. I am out there several times of years for various reasons. I live in Shelby Twp. Also, a team-member friend from work (his son and son's best friend's) trial is coming up too: (Murder of both Jake and Jourdan Wayne County) The Final Calendar Conference was held, the trial is scheduled to begin December 1st. Justice for Jake and Jourdan!!!! Facebook page Help The Cause: Find Jourdan Bobbish and Jake Kudla

Murder Charges Filed In Death Of Armada Teen April Millsap

October 8, 2014 1:03 PM

ARMADA (WWJ) - Multiple charges have been filed against a 32-year-old man in connection with the death of a 14-year-old girl whose body was found along a popular nature trail this summer.

Macomb County Prosecutor Eric Smith on Wednesday announced that James Donald VanCallis is charged with first-degree premeditated murder, felony murder and assault with intent to commit sexual penetration in the death of April Millsap. The charges carry a penalty of life in prison without the chance of parole.

“Law enforcement took great care to follow every tip and every lead to its conclusion,” Smith said. “As the investigation progressed and intensified, the evidence led in only one direction — and that’s to James VanCallis.”

VanCallis is expected to be arraigned Thursday morning at 42-1 District Court in Romeo...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/10...esday-in-murder-of-armada-teen-april-millsap/

Murder Charges Filed In Death Of Armada Teen April Millsap

October 8, 2014 1:03 PM

ARMADA (WWJ) - Multiple charges have been filed against a 32-year-old man in connection with the death of a 14-year-old girl whose body was found along a popular nature trail this summer.

Macomb County Prosecutor Eric Smith on Wednesday announced that James Donald VanCallis is charged with first-degree premeditated murder, felony murder and assault with intent to commit sexual penetration in the death of April Millsap. The charges carry a penalty of life in prison without the chance of parole.

“Law enforcement took great care to follow every tip and every lead to its conclusion,” Smith said. “As the investigation progressed and intensified, the evidence led in only one direction — and that’s to James VanCallis.”

VanCallis is expected to be arraigned Thursday morning at 42-1 District Court in Romeo...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/10...esday-in-murder-of-armada-teen-april-millsap/

Channel 4 reporting she rebuffed his initial advances, he followed her and assaulted her with his motorcycle helmet. They also said that a witness interrupted the attempted rape. Also mentioned there is video evidence.

It took a while, and those of us who have followed this case grew impatient, fearing that there might never be an arrest or charges filed in the brutal murder of April Millsap. The Wheels of Justice turn very slowly at times, but they do turn, and eventually, Justice will be served in this case.

My thoughts and prayers are with April's parents, relatives, and friends as they learn today who is responsible for this horrific crime. :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back