DNA Solves
TH Court Coverage @THCourtCoverage · 10m10 minutes ago

Zentz said the text message read, "I think I almost got kidnapped. OMFG."
0 replies0 retweets0 favorites Reply
Retweet
Favorite
More

TH Court Coverage @THCourtCoverage · 11m11 minutes ago

Zentz said the last text message from April's phone was made shortly before 6:30 p.m. to April's boyfriend.
Retweet
Favorite
More

TH Court Coverage @THCourtCoverage · 15m15 minutes ago

Zentz reviewed April's cellphone. He was given the cellphone Sept. 11.
Retweet
Favorite
More

TH Court Coverage @THCourtCoverage · 18m18 minutes ago

Matthew Zentz, a special agent with the FBI, has taken the stand. He's a computer forensic examiner.

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/...estify-death-year-old-april-millsap/20465021/

April’s last text read, “I think I almost got kidnapped. OMFG.” After the text, April’s phone continued traveling along the trail to the area where her body was found. Three phone calls were made from her phone at that location.

The phone stays there for a time, according to an animation shown in court, then travels at a high speed along and off the trail to an area where her backpack was found.

The phone’s route ended at an address on Omo Road, north of the Macomb Orchard Trail, where her phone was found July 25.

April had a "fitness app" on her phone which enabled LE to track the phones speed and movement, now a great crime solving tool. The phone with the app speeds by a home with security cams and they see a motorcycle... Also one of the witnesses had one too so it showed his location and time he was on the trail. Love it!

Seems as if they have an awful lot of circumstantial evidence connecting him to April's exact location and then her phone going exactly where his motorcycle appears to have gone directly after the killing.

this phone fitness app is proving to be instrumental in this case. Amazing how technology has changed things for criminal cases. So much more can be established thanks to such devices and apps.

this phone fitness app is proving to be instrumental in this case. Amazing how technology has changed things for criminal cases. So much more can be established thanks to such devices and apps.
You've got that right. It's one of the reasons I use an app which maps my daily walks. I even gave my log in to my husband and my son, "just in case". Unbelievable that we have to consider such things, but there you have it.

Man will stand trial in Armada teen April Millsap's murder

32-year-old man accused of killing 14-year-old girl in July along Macomb County trail

Author: Dave Bartkowiak Jr. , Online News Editor, @DaveBartko, dbartkowiak@wdiv.com

Published On: Dec 16 2014 02:31:30 PM EST Updated 52 m

ROMEO, Mich. -
A 32-year-old man will stand trial on charges including murder and kidnapping in the death of 14-year-old April Millsap of Armada.

James VanCallis Jr. is charged with first-degree murder, felony murder, kidnapping and assault with intent to commit sexual penetration in the July 24 death of Millsap...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/man-will-stand-trial-in-armada-teens-murder/30258766

Man charged in Millsap death ordered to trial

Oralandar Brand-Williams, The Detroit News 3:28 p.m. EST December 16, 2014

Romeo — The Goodells man charged with killing 14-year-old April Millsap as she walked her dog along a nature trail in July was ordered to stand trial Tuesday in her death.

A hearing held Monday and Tuesday before Romeo District Judge Denis LeDuc determined there was enough evidence to bind James VanCallis, 32, over on murder charges in the case.

VanCallis faces three charges: first-degree premeditated murder and felony murder, both of which carry a maximum penalty of life in prison, and assault with the intent to commit sexual penetration.

VanCallis will be arraigned on the charges on Dec. 29...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...12/16/vancallis-court-millsap-death/20471997/

There is quite a bit of circumstantial evidence against VanCallis

Just saw a teaser on WDIV 5:00 news. There will be a report about JVC having been "moved" (whatever that means) on the 6:00 news. I checked the website and didn't see anything about this, so I'll watch and report.

ETA: Very brief report that JVC has been moved to the mental health unit of the jail. No reasons given for the transfer or how long he might be there. www.clickondetroit.com

VanCallis moved to mental health unit of jail

By Jameson Cook, The Macomb Daily

Posted: 12/22/14, 3:00 PM EST | Updated: 1 day ago

The man accused of murdering April Millsap along the Macomb Orchard Trail has been moved to the mental health unit of the county jail, his attorney said.

James VanCallis Jr. “may have said something” that sparked jail officials to move him to the area for inmates with mental issues, his attorney, Azhar Sheikh, said Monday.

Sheikh said he had expected that VanCallis would be returned to the St. Clair County Jail in Port Huron, where he has been serving a one-year sentence since November for a marijuana manufacturing conviction, following his preliminary examination for the Millsap murder last week at 42-I District Court in Romeo. But he remained at the Macomb County Jail in Mount Clemens...

...“He’s very depressed and despondent about the charges and things being said about him,” Sheikh said of his client...

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-news/20141222/vancallis-moved-to-mental-health-unit-of-jail

:boohoo: Hard to feel even an ounce of sympathy for JVC. Depressed, despondent - too bad. I'm not sad. :boohoo:

Thoughts and prayers for April's family and friends as they spend their first holiday season without the lovely teen.

This case shows how scary it can be a girl/woman, and not know how a man is going to react if you "reject" him. I am tired of this entitlement and I feel like it is being encouraged.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smanworld
Back