Found Deceased MI - Armani Kelly - Montoya Givens - Dante Wicker - Missing After Cancelled Performance @ Lounge 31 - Detroit

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not to hijack the thread or to in any way imply that buildings are nearly as important as human lives, but the building in question (Northcourse Apartments) and two neighboring ones are on the National Register of Historic places. These three Classical Revival buildings used to be some of the most upscale addresses in Highland Park.

Not to hijack the thread or to in any way imply that buildings are nearly as important as human lives, but the building in question (Northcourse Apartments) and two neighboring ones are on the National Register of Historic places. These three Classical Revival buildings used to be some of the most upscale addresses in Highland Park.

Those buildings have ''good bones'' and could be so beautiful and useful too!
My fantasy is that a portion would be set aside for mixed income residences with a stage for performances.
An activity center and even a small studio for film and music production could be implemented, all to inspire future generations and help to keep them active and out of jail.
The gardens could be made so lovely too with a bit of tlc, a park for small children and/or seniors, good lighting, a reflection pond , a skating rink, bike path, petting zoo, community garden .....
A girl can dream, imo.
Cat lodging comes to mind too..

I would LOVE to see these fixed up as opposed to demo'ing them for several reasons. I understand mom's feeling about it but that's from emotions. She wants them gone. But we can't simply demo every single building that had a murder or bad juju. There's too much waste in this world as it is and landfills aren't finite.

Fix 'em up! Fix 'em up! :)

Strange they're saying "no one was ever arrested or placed in custody for this case" because those news reports were pretty specific.
On one hand it makes me think they're trying to protect their investigation, on the other... I'm wondering if they're doing anything at all.
Hopefully there'll be an update soon.
the wording makes me think maybe a POI is already in custody on another matter? its an oddly specific thing to say.

I have no doubt LE is working this case. Things move so slowly but I don't think this is sitting on a shelf, gathering dust and getting cold. No one deserves to die like this. No one. IMO.

Also wanted to say (and so tickled several of you have said the same!) that as much as I get mom's sentiment about the building, it would be sad to see it torn down. Born and raised Detroit girl to the core here, and for as long as we have said, "Detroit is rebuilding and coming back," it really has. There is such potential in properties like these. (And myriad issues and problems and what-ifs, of course, but potential nonetheless IMO).

I would LOVE to see these fixed up as opposed to demo'ing them for several reasons. I understand mom's feeling about it but that's from emotions. She wants them gone. But we can't simply demo every single building that had a murder or bad juju. There's too much waste in this world as it is and landfills aren't finite.

Fix 'em up! Fix 'em up! :)
Sometimes in these cases, a building is able to be reinvented and live on, but sometimes, it's like an open wound, stopping the community from healing. I think whatever happens, it needs to be in open collaboration with the immediate community, the people who live there and have to walk past it, every day. For insight, if you haven't read it, The Long Shadow of Small Ghosts is a great book about a different case, in Brownsville, Texas, where the muder of three siblings under the age of four polarised the community about the fate of a building. It, too, was on the historic register, and had been slowly falling apart and becoming more of an eyesore and a haven for crime for decades. Eventually, the city bought it, but debate raged over its fate for over a decade. The community reclaimed the land around it and turned it into a shared community garden, like allotments, named in honour of the children. The building was, eventually, demolished.

Sense of Closure after Brownsville Dedicates Park to 3 Children Killed by Parents

Strange they're saying "no one was ever arrested or placed in custody for this case" because those news reports were pretty specific.
On one hand it makes me think they're trying to protect their investigation, on the other... I'm wondering if they're doing anything at all.
Hopefully there'll be an update soon.

Two people were arrested for parole violations, one for fraud and one for going to Knoxville, TN. They have both been returned to prison on their original sentences due to their violations of parole.

How they are related to the case is not extremely clear. On one hand, there is a moment in the video which points to one man but the police something about phone tracking right after the 15 year old was picked up for having the car.

The two parolees are not going to talk, not for anything as they are both gang members and experienced felons.

Two people were arrested for parole violations, one for fraud and one for going to Knoxville, TN. They have both been returned to prison on their original sentences due to their violations of parole.

How they are related to the case is not extremely clear. On one hand, there is a moment in the video which points to one man but the police something about phone tracking right after the 15 year old was picked up for having the car.

The two parolees are not going to talk, not for anything as they are both gang members and experienced felons.
Yes, I know what the news reports said, and I saw Armani's live.
LE however published a video on Twitter and said the news reports were not correct.
Not sure if it was linked in this thread, but it should be on MSP's Twitter page, posted a few days after the articles:

https://twitter.com/mspmetrodet

eta: should be this. I haven't listened to it since so not sure if I remember incorrectly...

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1ZkKzXqBONqJv

Last edited:
Yes, I know what the news reports said, and I saw Armani's live.
LE however published a video on Twitter and said the news reports were not correct.
Not sure if it was linked in this thread, but it should be on MSP's Twitter page, posted a few days after the articles:

https://twitter.com/mspmetrodet

eta: should be this. I haven't listened to it since so not sure if I remember incorrectly...

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1ZkKzXqBON

It’s yes and no at the same time. Yes they have been arrested but no charges are filed in relation to this case.

I’m not sure what they are thinking or doing. The violations are good enough to put them back in prison but the cops don’t have enough to change them in this case at this time (my speculation). They are at least contained inside the prison and not fleeing and hiding in case the cops do get enough evidence.

Maybe the cops don’t want to tip their hand until it’s all together or maybe this is the end of the plan on dealing with this case. Since the men died there been several other murders so I doubt they are hard at work on this specific case. They aren’t exactly well funded and have huge amounts of crime.

MAR 17

HIGHLAND PARK, Mich. – Police said the murder of three missing rappers who were found dead in a Highland Park apartment after a canceled Detroit gig was gang-related.

Armani Kelly, of Oscoda; Montoya Givens, of Detroit; and Dante Wicker, of Melvindale; were all supposed to perform at Lounge 31 in Detroit on Jan. 21. The show was abruptly canceled, and the three men went missing for nearly two weeks.

Warren police recovered a stolen car that belonged to Kelly’s mother on Jan. 25 and identified the suspected thief as a 15-year-old. That led authorities to an apartment building at McNichols Road and Log Cabin Street in Highland Park.

More at Police say murder of 3 rappers who went missing after canceled Detroit gig was gang-related

MAR 17

HIGHLAND PARK, Mich. – Police said the murder of three missing rappers who were found dead in a Highland Park apartment after a canceled Detroit gig was gang-related.

Armani Kelly, of Oscoda; Montoya Givens, of Detroit; and Dante Wicker, of Melvindale; were all supposed to perform at Lounge 31 in Detroit on Jan. 21. The show was abruptly canceled, and the three men went missing for nearly two weeks.

Warren police recovered a stolen car that belonged to Kelly’s mother on Jan. 25 and identified the suspected thief as a 15-year-old. That led authorities to an apartment building at McNichols Road and Log Cabin Street in Highland Park.

More at Police say murder of 3 rappers who went missing after canceled Detroit gig was gang-related
Thank you!!!

From MSP Twitter today:

This was a gang violence related incident. There are other people that know the details and we need them to come forward. Please call 800.Speak.Up if you have information on this case. Together we can bring closure to these families. 3/

We know there are a lot of media/social media rumors about this investigation. While we have to keep some things private we know a couple of things: There is no one in custody for this homicide. This homicide was not random and had nothing to due with music or a performance. 2/

Investigators probing a triple homicide that left three rappers dead earlier this year in suburban Detroit said Friday the slayings were the result of gang violence and had nothing to do with music.

The bodies of Armani Kelly, of Oscoda, Michigan; Montoya Givens, of Detroit; and Dante Wicker, of Melvindale, Michigan; were found Feb. 2 in an abandoned apartment building in the city of Highland Park, 6 miles northwest of Detroit, authorities said the next day.

Citing a need to dispel false rumors, Michigan State Police on Friday said, "This was a gang violence related incident."

“This homicide was not random," the agency tweeted, adding that it had nothing to do "with music or a performance."...

Similar reporting from CNN

MAR 19, 2023
The deaths of three Michigan rappers whose bodies were found in an abandoned apartment building in early February were related to gang violence, state police said, asking members of the public who might have information about the case to come forward.

In a series of tweets Friday, Michigan State Police confirmed they were continuing to investigate the triple homicide of Armani Kelly, 28; Dante Wicker, 31; and Montoya Givens, 31, who were reported missing after their January 21 performance at a Detroit club was canceled.

[...]

While no one is in custody, police said, “There are other people that know the details and we need them to come forward.”

“Together we can bring closure to these families,” state police said.

[...]

Lorrie is asking for help in identifying a person who may hav been with her son, Armani, just before he was murdered.

There’s discussion about the building but stay to the end and look at the picture of the unknown man and Armani.

Maybe someone here knows or knows someone who might know.

It’s CBS Detroit.

Lorrie is asking for help in identifying a person who may hav been with her son, Armani, just before he was murdered.

There’s discussion about the building but stay to the end and look at the picture of the unknown man and Armani.

Maybe someone here knows or knows someone who might know.

It’s CBS Detroit.

That woman is a gem, wish she could be everybody's mother <3
I don't agree the buildings should be torn down though, and I'm sure LE are aware of the guy in that picture.
Looks like just a dude having some soda in a restaurant, but then why would someone take a picture of him...? Is he one of the live face mask people maybe??

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back