Found Deceased MI - Brendan Santo 18, visitor, Michigan State University campus, East Lansing, 29 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the thread, @minneolo. What a cute guy! Was he at a party or dorm with friends and wandered off & got lost? Are there any rough neighborhoods near MSU? I would assume that the neighborhoods have the typical eateries, shops, and areas of housing for MSU professionals, etc., other families, and student apts, etc., like most college campuses.
Anyone out there familiar with MSU area?

There was a big MSU home game on Saturday, so I would assume there were a lot of students and visitors on campus Friday night and Saturday:

Celebrations in East Lansing turn violent after Michigan State win over Michigan

East Lansing, Mich – MSU Police and Public Safety continues to search for 18 year-old Brendan Santo. Brendan was visiting friends at Michigan State University on Friday, October 29th and was last seen leaving Yakeley Hall shortly before midnight. It is possible he intended to walk approximately a half mile to the Brody Neighborhood. Brendan was last seen walking on campus and there is no indication he left the East Lansing area. Brendan’s vehicle remains in the last location it was parked.

Thanks for the thread, @minneolo. What a cute guy! Was he at a party or dorm with friends and wandered off & got lost? Are there any rough neighborhoods near MSU? I would assume that the neighborhoods have the typical eateries, shops, and areas of housing for MSU professionals, etc., other families, and student apts, etc., like most college campuses.
Anyone out there familiar with MSU area?
I went to Wisconsin but my brothers have a bunch of friends from Michigan, some of whom went to MSU. EL is pretty similar to Madison in terms of being a college town separated by one main downtown area. There are some rougher neighborhoods but they are further from campus. Apparently there's been a lot of shenanigans downtown this past weekend though: Couches, mattresses burn in East Lansing after Michigan State's big win

East Lansing, Mich – MSU Police and Public Safety continues to search for 18 year-old Brendan Santo. Brendan was visiting friends at Michigan State University on Friday, October 29th and was last seen leaving Yakeley Hall shortly before midnight. It is possible he intended to walk approximately a half mile to the Brody Neighborhood. Brendan was last seen walking on campus and there is no indication he left the East Lansing area. Brendan’s vehicle remains in the last location it was parked.
So it's possible he was only walking a half a mile to his destination. That's a relatively short distance.
I wish young people would walk in groups of at least two. A person walking alone at that time of night would be such an easy target for criminals. :(

So it's possible he was only walking a half a mile to his destination. That's a relatively short distance.
I wish young people would walk in groups of at least two. A person walking alone at that time of night would be such an easy target for criminals. :(
In college terms, that's really not that far. I would routinely walk over a mile to class at a similarly sized university. Knowing where that dorm is, there have got to be lots of people who would've seen him on that half mile route.

First crossing going south from Yakely upload_2021-11-1_18-46-28.jpeg
Footbridge if he cut through the park heading west upload_2021-11-1_18-49-39.jpeg
There is another bridge just south of here but it looks like it goes right into the Kellog Center parking ramp with this road exiting onto Kalamazoo St bordering the park to the southupload_2021-11-1_18-51-10.jpeg
Brody square is across the street on the other side of this ramp and behind Brody square there is a huge unfenced, flat retention pond and a lot of undeveloped area (at least as of a few months ago)

upload_2021-11-1_18-56-22.jpeg

Oh no. Very familiar with this area, spent a lot of time at State.

Friday would have been a big party night before the game. The State vs Michigan game is THE biggest game of the year and a really old rivalry. There likely would have been a lot of people out and about at the time he was walking, hopefully someone saw him or a camera picked him up.

So so worried with the Red Cedar being right there.

Oh no. Very familiar with this area, spent a lot of time at State.

Friday would have been a big party night before the game. The State vs Michigan game is THE biggest game of the year and a really old rivalry. There likely would have been a lot of people out and about at the time he was walking, hopefully someone saw him or a camera picked him up.

So so worried with the Red Cedar being right there.
Not super familiar with EL, but in Madison there are usually cameras outside of dorms and on routes to popular off campus locations. Is that something MSU has? There must be at least another place besides the dorm that would have video footage. This feels a lot like Sean Baek a couple years ago where they only got the footage from the dorm and nowhere else.

Not super familiar with EL, but in Madison there are usually cameras outside of dorms and on routes to popular off campus locations. Is that something MSU has? There must be at least another place besides the dorm that would have video footage. This feels a lot like Sean Baek a couple years ago where they only got the footage from the dorm and nowhere else.
I wish I could answer, but I haven't lived in MI or been to State for over ten years.

Brendan played hockey for Rochester United. He was a senior at Michigan High School.

.......When asked what the turnaround point was for this team, senior defenseman Brendan Santo said undoubtedly that it was this game.

I always knew that this was a high-powered offensive team, but the whole team was beginning to feel frustrated that we could not finish plays with a quality shot on net. When I saw my teammates make key shots that led us to victory down the stretch, I knew that this team would begin to show the firepower that I knew we had.”.....

View attachment 319891

Rochester United Charges Towards Playoffs

There is no such local school called Michigan High School. I'll do some sleuthing and see if I can find out what high school the missing teen attends.

He's a senior at Rochester High School in Rochester Hills, Michigan.

Unless he lives in the small area of RH where students attend Avondale High School, it had to be one of the three high schools in Rochester Community Schools - Rochester High School, Rochester Adams, or Stoney Creek High School. I really hope this does not end tragically like the senior from Stoney Creek who died recently after being struck by a vehicle. So sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CausticRain
Back