Found Deceased MI - Brendan Santo 18, visitor, Michigan State University campus, East Lansing, 29 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Into thin air...
What happened -- where is that young man?
Hoping for Good News by this time tomorrow night, or, better, hoping for me and all of us here to read about a good outcome when we sign-on to WS tomorrow morning.

Thanks for sharing.
From the video I've seen it appears to be heavy and thick vegetation along the river banks. I was wondering if there were any areas where students could sit / hang out by the river or paths that run along the river where people hike, etc?

I asked my son for his opinion and he says the paths along the river are like a paved sidewalk. That's also what I remember. The bridges that cross the river are substantial and have a sturdy railing. Of course a person could make their way down to the river if they really wanted to, but accidentally falling in seems very doubtful.

However, I recall that someone drown on the campus many years ago when it was theorized that he was intoxicated and went to the river's edge to relieve himself and fell in. I am praying something like this didn't happen.

I apologize if this has been discussed, maybe someone can fill me in, but have we found out about the two people found dead near campus? I know they said it is unrelated, but it is odd. Who are they, and how do we know their deaths are unrelated?

I remember a case, years ago, of a young man who disappeared on his way back to his dorm. He was last seen just yards away from his building late at night. He had been at a party drinking, but just seemed to vanish on his way home. I followed the case closely, it was baffling, no sign of him anywhere. THEN, they found him in that building, in a small room with electrical unit/equipment. It was rarely used, and locked him in when it closed. I think he died of electrocution from the equipment in the room . I can't remember exactly where this was, or what happened. I just know they did not believe foul play, but that he went in there on mistake, or he didn't have key to building and was trying to get warm (I don't think he had a jacket). It was the last thing anyone would have thought of. Prayers. Still so hopeful. I am sure they have checked hospitals? Probably first thing they do?

Last edited:
However, I recall that someone drown on the campus many years ago when it was theorized that he was intoxicated and went to the river's edge to relieve himself and fell in. I am praying something like this didn't happen.
Unfortunately we've followed far too many cases here on WS where young men have ended up in the water after leaving a party or bar. The same theory was suggested with those cases. I'm sure it can and does happen just that way.

I can imagine someone being intoxicated, needing to relieve themselves and being unsteady on their feet ending up in the water.
I really hope that's not the case here but time will tell I guess.

I remember a case, years ago, of a young man who disappeared on his way back to his dorm. He was last seen just yards away from his building late at night. He had been at a party drinking, but just seemed to vanish on his way home. I followed the case closely, it was baffling, no sign of him anywhere. THEN, they found him in that building, in a small room with electrical unit/equipment. It was rarely used, and locked him in when it closed. I think he died of electrocution from the equipment in the room . I can't remember exactly where this was, or what happened. I just know they did not believe foul play, but that he went in there on mistake, or he didn't have key to building and was trying to get warm (I don't think he had a jacket). It was the last thing anyone would have thought of. Prayers. Still so hopeful. I am sure they have checked hospitals? Probably first thing they do?
That was Wade Steffey from Purdue. I thought of him also.

Gosh, that they are pretty much targeting the river is not a good sign. I hope for the sake of his poor parents they find him today.

During her live report from East Lansing yesterday at 5:00PM, Priya Mann (WDIV) mentioned that the search location had been moved from that of the previous day. Seems they searched the original location of the command center, didn't find anything, and moved search team to another section of the river. I hope something is found soon. Prayers for Brendan's family during this difficult waiting period.

‘We remain hopeful at this point’: Search for missing teen continues on Michigan State campus (clickondetroit.com)

Last edited:
One night, I was walking home at SIU (go Salukis) and one of my friends stopped along a foot path near a small creek. He was about to relieve himself when someone jumped up from the thick brush along the creek. The guy seemed to have gotten sick and then passed out in the weeds. When he stood up, his legs got wet in the shallow water. Sometimes I think about that when a college student goes missing during prime partying hours. It's so easy for young people to put themselves in precarious situations. As more time goes by with no Brendan, you have to think he might be in some weeds or in the water just waiting to be found.

One night, I was walking home at SIU (go Salukis) and one of my friends stopped along a foot path near a small creek. He was about to relieve himself when someone jumped up from the thick brush along the creek. The guy seemed to have gotten sick and then passed out in the weeds. When he stood up, his legs got wet in the shallow water. Sometimes I think about that when a college student goes missing during prime partying hours. It's so easy for young people to put themselves in precarious situations. As more time goes by with no Brendan, you have to think he might be in some weeds or in the water just waiting to be found.

Brendan was also not a student at MSU and was probably not as familiar with the campus as students would be. I wonder how frequently he had visited MSU and how well he knew his way around campus? I don't know whether or not alcohol/drugs are involved and won't speculate, but navigating your way from one dorm to another in the dark on a campus with which he may not have been totally acclimated was probably not a wise decision. JMO

There’s a post on the MSU parents page from 18 hours ago identifying a specific area of campus and asking students who were walking in that area to check any pictures or video they would have taken to see if he was in the background

There’s a post on the MSU parents page from 18 hours ago identifying a specific area of campus and asking students who were walking in that area to check any pictures or video they would have taken to see if he was in the background
Can you tell us what area, so we can compare it to the map?

Huge effort being made, including cell phone tracking technology.

MSP Marine Services assists MSUPD in search for Brendan Santo

MSUPD inspector Chris Rozman said, in the above MSM (thank you for posting, @LauraAnne :)) that there has been "a lot of misinformation." SMH. There are a lot of students at this university, and probably some of them are scared and miss-hear or miss-see things. Normal human beings... A scary time there...

It sounds like all of the professionals, and others, etc., are doing everything possible to find this young man.
Hoping it won't end in tragedy...

Can you tell us what area, so we can compare it to the map?

It's a corner for the campus bounded by Beale Street and Michigan Avenue. " BEAL street and Michigan Ave on Oct 29th around 11:30 pm - 12:00 am near north neighborhoods…crosswalk/corner area"

There is a very recent comment that he has been found. No other details and I haven't had a chance to see if it's been confirmed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier
Back