GUILTY MI - Brenna Machus, 20, Romulus, 16 July 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Channel 4 is still on the Detroit bankruptcy filing, but I will stay tuned for an update on the Family Dollar Store case.

ETA: I missed some of the report while letting the dog out to pee (DH and I are dog-sitting during the heat wave). Brenna's father was interviewed and said that body was decomposed but was identified with dental records, hair, and tattoos. He mentioned something about "playing with his grandchild"??? Brenna's mother identified her clothing. Both of the female customers have now come forward with information about what was going on in the store.

Decomposition suggests to me that Brenna must have been killed the same night that she was abducted from the store. :moo:

I watched the entire report on Channel 4 and I don't think you missed much. I think the reporter must have asked her dad about his memories of her or something, and that's when he said he remembers her playing with his grandchild(ren?) and working on her car, but they didn't show the reporter's question, just his answer.

I was so hoping for a different outcome. Rest in peace, Brenna.

I can see why LE wants to talk to this women so bad. According to the time stamp on the video this lady left the store 10 minutes after the suspect entered the store. The suspect entered at 19:26:53 and this lady left the store at 19:36:44. This means the suspect was inside the store for at lest 10 minutes before he shot Joe and abducted Brenna. I sure would like to see any other video from other camera's inside this store.

I wonder if Brenna or Joe was the cashier when this lady paid for her merchandise. Does that look like a purse or one of those plastic shopping bags hanging from her arm?

Family-Dollar-customer-jpg.jpg

bilde

I'd thought that the reason LE put his picture out was because he was the last person to enter the store. Now I guess it's just because he had his hood up. I do hope LE find him before any vigilantes, just in case it turns out he's some innocent guy who hates getting his hair wet.

Hey could the hoodie guy have walked in and then left as the lady in red taking off all his garb?

That would be pretty clever. But the perp took Brenna with him/her (I think it's a him, myself). I have no link, sorry, but Channel 4 did report that the 2nd woman customer has come forward.

That would be pretty clever. But the perp took Brenna with him/her (I think it's a him, myself). I have no link, sorry, but Channel 4 did report that the 2nd woman customer has come forward.

I read that but at the end of the article it says anyone with info on the woman in the pic call......I do not think she has co me forward yet

I read that but at the end of the article it says anyone with info on the woman in the pic call......I do not think she has co me forward yet

Yes, we know from reading here that media gets it wrong sometimes. I guess a little more time will tell.

I'm wondering if the general opinion is that the perp marched Brenna down those RR tracks on foot? If so, this would seem to point to someone who lives within walking distance, and/or doesn't own a vehicle, and is familar/comfortable enough with the area to feel "safe" taking her down the tracks. Any thoughts on this?

If robbery was not a motive, as seems to be the case, and sexual assault was not the motive, due to Brenna not appearing to be the initial target, then something is awry. This cat was dressed expressly to do damage from the get go. There are rumors that it could be racially motivated due to the timing and current political climate.

It doesn't feel good to have been right. I'm freaking out, actually. :( Looks like I nailed down the location within a few feet? This is not the first time this has happened with me here; I'm not sure if this is a talent I like having. :( <Here's one of my posts from yesterday:>

The mindset of the perp was key in guestimating this location, as it has been in other cases where I was warm on the dump site (Kathlynn Sheperd-20 miles, etc.). Hours, days, weeks, months of staring at maps and psychological profiling in all these cases (Terrilyn Monette, Jessica Ridgeway, Jessica Heeringa, Dylan Redwine, Noelle Paquette, the list goes on...). With one murder already committed (Joe with gun shot wounds plural), the store in disarray, possibly disorganized perp, in a rage, possible awareness space, Brenna being a witness to murder, etc, (I didn't want to post that Brenna was a witness and remind the perp of this in case he was reading here), I had a feeling she was very close by and she would be deceased soon but did not want to post that yesterday. The park to the right of the Rouge River (geography/terrain) there made sense and stood out (green coloring). I hated that I had to even suggest to search there yesterday, if not for her body, at least for some evidence. I almost knew when I logged on today it would say Found Deceased next to Brenna's name and that she would've been found near there. :(
margarita, if ever my loved one or I go missing, I want your input. I don't know what you do in real life, but you're a blessing to the missing and their families.

I was monitoring Channel 7 and they barely acknowledged the murders, it was all about the bankruptcy.

There has been some FB posting going on now by family members for the past hour or so. Particularly RM........

He gave some detail about what he was told by LE not going to post the detail here as it is not MSM info but he is posting that COD is by gunshot to the head and that he is going to ID her tomorrow :(

Whom ever is responsible should pray LE gets to them before anyone else does.

~

Now some of the FB posts are being deleted as it was getting a bit heated and as I'm sure the family is beside themselves with grief. Looks as if some friends convinced RM to remove some of his posts from the last hour for his own good. Which is a good thing.

~

If robbery was not a motive, as seems to be the case, and sexual assault was not the motive, due to Brenna not appearing to be the initial target, then something is awry. This cat was dressed expressly to do damage from the get go. There are rumors that it could be racially motivated due to the timing and current political climate.

Interesting rumor/thought, especially with the perp wearing a "hoodie." But I'm in Florida so I could be paranoid. :-)

Been following this story and felt a punch in my chest when I saw that her body was found. So sad. Prayers and my sympathy to all who love her.

There has been some FB posting going on now by family members for the past hour or so. Particularly RM........

He gave some detail about what he was told by LE not going to post the detail here as it is not MSM info but he is posting that COD is by gunshot to the head and that he is going to ID her tomorrow :(

Whom ever is responsible should pray LE gets to them before anyone else does.

~

ID on the body has already been positively made or LE would not have announced that the body that was found this morning was that of Brenna. That announcement came shortly after noon local time.

IMO LE wouldn't ask a family member to make ID by viewing the body in this case anyway, the extreme heat the Midwest and the rest of the country has been experiencing for the past few days would have done considerable decomposition to the body, I don't think LE would ever ask a family member to view a body for ID that had been exposed to those conditions. It would not be very professional or even humane to expose a loved one to that unless absolutely necessary.

ETA: I doubt LE would release the specific cause of death either. ie: gunshot wound to the head. They should keep that close to the vest IMO.

JMO

ID on the body has already been positively made or LE would not have announced that the body that was found this morning was that of Brenna. That announcement came shortly after noon local time.

IMO LE wouldn't ask a family member to make ID by viewing the body in this case anyway, the extreme heat the Midwest and the rest of the country has been experiencing for the past few days would have done considerable decomposition to the body, I don't think LE would ever ask a family member to view a body for ID that had been exposed to those conditions. It would not be very professional or even humane to expose a loved one to that unless absolutely necessary.

ETA: I doubt LE would release the specific cause of death either. ie: gunshot wound to the head. They should keep that close to the vest IMO.

JMO

I'm sure your probably right. Some of the comments made by RM that were deleted contained information on the condition of the body so I could understand why they would not ask a family to ID by viewing. I really have no idea what those procedures are. I was just posting what I saw RM stating on his page.

I did read some comments that the mother had ID'd the body by clothing or whatever other personal items they had for her to view.

Not sure why he would choose to post that sort of info like the COD but its still there :waitasec:

~

Channel 2 Fox News at 11 stated that Brenna was found by someone on a moped head????

Short interview with a Friend of Brenna and Joes father.

Asking anyone who may have been driving the Southfield Freeway that may have seen anyone to please contact police.

~

margarita, if ever my loved one or I go missing, I want your input. I don't know what you do in real life, but you're a blessing to the missing and their families.

Thank you, Teche. I think that everyone here who takes the time on these boards to care, read, post, help find answers, research, moderate, support, create and spread awareness is a blessing to the missing and their families.

:grouphug:

One of the reporters asked about a black male in the back of a squad car and the chief didn't want to go into that.

Hopefully they have him.

JMO

Bump. I didn't see the presser, but this sounds like maybe they are seriously questioning someone (since he is in back of the squad car, as opposed to please come in to answer some questions via your own vehicle). I would think if it this person was in the back of the car for something unrelated, the chief would just say so.

There is a 5 minute video story here that contains information about the COD and how the body was discovered. Also an interview with the father the most detailed story I saw on the news today.

It also states how she was identified. There is mention by the reporter that it is believed she was shot somewhere else and dumped at the site.

Police: Body recovered is missing Family Dollar employee Brenna Machus

Posted: Jul 18, 2013 8:51 AM EDTUpdated: Jul 18, 2013 7:59 PM EDT

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/22873576/source-womans-body-found-near-tpc-michigan-in-dearborn

DEARBORN, Mich. (WJBK) -

Police have found the body of 20-year-old Brenna Machus following her abduction from a Dearborn Family Dollar store Monday night.
"We had a 911 call," said Dearborn Police Chief Ronald Haddad.
That call led police to a wooded area near Michigan Avenue and the Southfield Freeway service drive in Dearborn. The body was dumped just two miles from the store. It was discovered by a man on a moped looking for a shortcut.

~

Bump. I didn't see the presser, but this sounds like maybe they are seriously (back of the squad car) questioning someone. I would think if it this person was in the back of the car for something unrelated, the chief would just say so.

I did see that mentioned somewhere else earlier today but can not remember where. So far I have seen no elaboration on it.

Just watched all three news channels 11pm broadcasts and no metion of it.

Could it be the guy on the Moped that called 911 ????

~

There is a 5 minute video story here that contains information about the COD and how the body was discovered. Also an interview with the father the most detailed story I saw on the news today.

It also states how she was identified. There is mention by the reporter that it is believed she was shot somewhere else and dumped at the site.

Police: Body recovered is missing Family Dollar employee Brenna Machus

Posted: Jul 18, 2013 8:51 AM EDTUpdated: Jul 18, 2013 7:59 PM EDT

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/22873576/source-womans-body-found-near-tpc-michigan-in-dearborn

DEARBORN, Mich. (WJBK) -

Police have found the body of 20-year-old Brenna Machus following her abduction from a Dearborn Family Dollar store Monday night.
"We had a 911 call," said Dearborn Police Chief Ronald Haddad.
That call led police to a wooded area near Michigan Avenue and the Southfield Freeway service drive in Dearborn. The body was dumped just two miles from the store. It was discovered by a man on a moped looking for a shortcut.

~

Maybe this was a specific hit on Joe, and Brenna was at the wrong place at the wrong time, taken as a hostage in case to ensure a getaway, then immediately eliminated because she was a witness.

This video opens up a whole new realm of possibilities.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly
Back