GUILTY MI - Brenna Machus, 20, Romulus, 16 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This isn't LB's first rodeo, and I have a feeling that this guy will push the envelope. Jail officials had better be watching LB very carefully because he knows how to manipulate the system. :moo:

Agreed!

I believe this will be a lengthy trial .... :crystalball: .....He is going to try every trick he can think of to delay proceedings IMO :mad:

~

Am I the only one who hopes he had a chance to get online and see how many people thought he looked like a woman? Just saying, because he strikes me as the kind of guy who wouldn't like that much. Hopefully he was really offended. :seeya:

Thinking of both of these wonderful people this morning. I know we are waiting right now, but just wanted to send some extra love to those who check in here, for Brenna and for Joseph. Extra warm thoughts never hurt. Love and comfort to both families.

The preliminary hearing in the Family Dollar Store homicide case is scheduled for tomorrow, August 21. I don't know what time it will be and have to be out for a few hours in the morning. If I miss the hearing, I hope that someone who is interested in this case will report. Thanks.

The rescheduled preliminary hearing for Lavere Bryant was supposed to be yesterday (August 21) at 8:30AM. I've done a cursory search of local media sites this morning and don't see anything about it. I have several errands to run today before DH and I head up north for a long weekend on Mackinac Island. If anyone who's following this case finds an update, please share. Thanks.

DETROIT: Hearing for man accused in Family Dollar murders postponed because of scheduling mix-up

Published: Wednesday, August 21, 2013

By Joe Slezak/Press & Guide Newspapers
Twitter: @joeslezak1

DETROIT — Lavere Douglas-Lee Bryant, who is being held without bond on nine charges in the shooting deaths of two employees of a Family Dollar in Dearborn last month, was supposed to face a judge on six other charges Wednesday morning.

However, due to a scheduling mix-up the arraignment before Wayne County Circuit Judge James Chylinski was postponed to 9 a.m. Thursday before Judge Deborah Thomas.

Bryant, 34, is charged with five counts of failure to comply with sex offender reporting duties and one count of failure to register as a sex offender. His bond is $500,000 cash, which is moot because he’s being held without bond in the Wayne County Jail on the murder charges.

A Wayne County sheriff’s deputy in Chylinski’s courtroom Wednesday morning said Bryant was to be in 19th District Court at that time and the county case was postponed, but the preliminary examination of the evidence before 19th District Judge Sam Salamey on the murder charges previously was postponed to 9 a.m. Oct. 1 and 4 because of the county court date...

http://www.thenewsherald.com/articles/2013/08/21/news/doc52150598af7a3633041709.txt

Geez! Another screw-up in LB's preliminary hearing :rolleyes: LB was taken to the wrong courthouse the first time, and now there's a glitch in the judge's schedule and yet another postponement :eek: Will this murderer ever get his day in court?

Key hearing to determine if there will be trial in Detroit-area Family Dollar slayings

Lavere Bryant charged with July killings of Joseph Orlando, Brenna Machus in Dearborn

Author: Halston Herrera, Senior News Editor for ClickOnDetroit.com, hherrera@wdiv.com

Published On: Oct 04 2013 06:54:42 AM EDT

DEARBORN, Mich. -
A man accused of killing two workers at a Detroit-area discount store is returning to court for a hearing that could send him to trial on first-degree murder charges...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ings/-/1719418/22271200/-/k2s84u/-/index.html

October 4, 2013 at 9:01 am

Man accused in Family Dollar store killings due in court

Oralandar Brand-Williams /The Detroit News

Dearborn — More details about the shocking murders of two young dollar store workers are expected to come out during a preliminary examination scheduled Friday for the man accused of killing them in July...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20131004/METRO01/310040082#ixzz2gm8IElRj

I was out for several hours and wasn't able to watch live stream of the hearing that is continuing at this hour. Update later today.

October 4, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Girlfriend of man accused in Family Dollar store killings denies identifying suspect

Dearborn — The girlfriend of Lavere Bryant, a man accused of killing two young workers at a local dollar store in July, vehemently denied Friday what police say she told them early in their case.

According to authorities, Bryant’s girlfriend, Astrin Chandler, told police in July that she believed the man in a dark hoodie seen in surveillance store video recorded around 7:30 p.m. July 15 was her boyfriend. But during his preliminary hearing Friday, Chandler contradicted that statement.

“I never said that,” a defiant Chandler said. “I don’t think that’s him, and I never will.” ...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20131004/METRO01/310040082#ixzz2gmVkNQH4

October 4, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Girlfriend of man accused in Family Dollar store killings denies identifying suspect

Dearborn — The girlfriend of Lavere Bryant, a man accused of killing two young workers at a local dollar store in July, vehemently denied Friday what police say she told them early in their case.

According to authorities, Bryant’s girlfriend, Astrin Chandler, told police in July that she believed the man in a dark hoodie seen in surveillance store video recorded around 7:30 p.m. July 15 was her boyfriend. But during his preliminary hearing Friday, Chandler contradicted that statement.

“I never said that,” a defiant Chandler said. “I don’t think that’s him, and I never will.” ...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20131004/METRO01/310040082#ixzz2gmVkNQH4

I wonder if she was threatened.

Does anyone know when the next court date is, or how I can find that info myself? Thanks!

^ Looks like many/most local reports have been archived. As far as I can tell, the last court proceeding was on October 11, but there is no mention of LB's next court appearance.

Thanks BDE - that's what I'd found as well. Was hoping maybe there was more info that I just didn't know how to find. :/

http://www.pressandguide.com/articles/2014/07/07/news/doc53bb13c45da2a432914457.txt

In remembrance of the young man and woman who were killed at Family Dollar, 22631 Newman St., last year, their families and friends will gather in the store’s parking lot at 9 p.m. next Wednesday for a small memorial.

The day marks the one-year anniversary of when Joseph Orlando, 20, was found dead in the store and Brenna Machus, also 20, was discovered to be missing...

Bryant was found competent to stand trial at a hearing June 20. His pretrial hearing is set for Friday.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back