GUILTY MI - Brenna Machus, 20, Romulus, 16 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
does he seem "out of it" or drugged maybe - a sedative? He did not have a look on his face that I would have expected, after following cases like this. Did not look smug at all. He knows the game is up. IMO

They probably had to shoot him with a tranquilizer gun like a wild animal in order to subdue and capture (bc that's all I see when I look at him - an ANIMAL.)

Perp tells families that he "didn't kill anyone". Brenna's family calls this "fatal attraction". Bryant wanted to date Machus, was infatuated with her, but she didn't respond to his affections. This is the guy who "stalked" and intimidated Brenna. Sounds like JO was in the way and that Brenna was the target. :(

Yeah I think he was the "stalker" that kept bothering Brenna. So sad :(

So glad an arrest has been made. Been busy the past few days and not had much time to keep up with the thread. Nothing better than coming back and seeing *ARREST* has been added to the title.

I live in the area. First of all, reading the FB pages of the local tv and print media made me feel like I was at a Klan rally and it really stuck me how these people are 100% sure it was a hate crime when it appears that it was a "fatal attraction" case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

I agree! It's very sad :( IMO this had nothing to do with race...

~

Check out what the suspect said during his arraignment (Detroit News article posted above) :rolleyes: This guy is a piece of work, and, yes, as arrogant and cocky as baby-killer D'Andre Lane. :moo:

BDE I was shocked and thats why immediately thought of DL :sick:

IMO sure looks like they have the right person. Definitely looks like the individual in the video.

Does he really think he can find some sort of technicality to get away with this? Or perhaps get a bond so he can flee?

Sure looks like he might think so .........:facepalm:

I still wonder if he may have had an accomplice.

~

JUst like my signature says, I've lost faith in humanity. Especially Americans. People say we don't have a race issue in this country? Go read the comments.

This was a nut job sicko that was a known sexual harrasser and probably a control freak who wanted what he wanted and couldnt take no for an answer.

I'm also glad that an arrest has been made and that there will be justice for Brenna and Joe.

It is my understanding that the suspect arrested in this case was fired from his job on account of sexual harassment in the workplace.

Was an restraining order or a civil lawsuit ever filed against the suspect for sexual harassment?

I agree! It's very sad :( IMO this had nothing to do with race...

~

Yes if anything it had to do with one mans obsession with a woman. And notice he didn't take her race into account when he found her attractive.

Brenna was murdered for being a beautiful woman (not for being a white woman) and Joe was murdered for being a chivalrous man (I'm convinced Joe tried to stop this guy from abducting Brenna.)

May peace be with both of these beautiful young souls and their families/friends and may their deaths be respected and not turned into an excuse for sociopolitical tripe...

RIP dear ones. I know heaven isn't far away and that you both would never give it up for the pain of this world again, but i in my selfishness and blind hope wish you both were here still with us. Much love.

BDE I was shocked and thats why immediately thought of DL :sick:

IMO sure looks like they have the right person. Definitely looks like the individual in the video.

Does he really think he can find some sort of technicality to get away with this? Or perhaps get a bond so he can flee?

Sure looks like he might think so .........:facepalm:

I still wonder if he may have had an accomplice.

~

Good luck with that!

Is this the guy from her twitter, seemed like he didn't like taking no for an answer? I tried to go back and see, can't remember the name, and now it seems like it's gone from her twitter

Grateful there has been an arrest so soon. How do the victim's families bear the pain?

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130724/METRO01/307240093#ixzz2Zzw2ir9W

"Relatives of the victims were visibly upset during the arraignment. A man identified as Machus’ father shook his head as Bryant was brought into the courtroom. A woman identified as Orlando’s mother held a photo of him to her chest as she rocked forward in her seat throughout the proceeding."

I'm also glad that an arrest has been made and that there will be justice for Brenna and Joe.

It is my understanding that the suspect arrested in this case was fired from his job on account of sexual harassment in the workplace.

Was an restraining order or a civil lawsuit ever filed against the suspect for sexual harassment?

BBM

Not that I can tell from looking on the Wayne County site.

~

They probably had to shoot him with a tranquilizer gun like a wild animal in order to subdue and capture (bc that's all I see when I look at him - an ANIMAL.)

I agree!
He's an arrogant! street ! Very frightening!

Don't usually post but have been following. It's taken a couple of days to get back here and so glad to hear of the arrest! Y'all were right on and I have enjoyed all of your brainstorming. Now let justice come!!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...t-corrections-error_n_3670416.html?ir=Detroit

How comforting to know that Lavere Bryant, a convicted sex offender, fell off the system/police radar.

He was still listed as incarcerated at the time of the crime and his address was never updated in the system upon his release. Unbelievable.

Here we go again - the overall system lacks cross record keeping/documentation between local jail, prison and federal systems. Terrible.

Sounds like all the different agencies are trying to push the blame off onto some other agency as to why this guy wasn't being monitored more closely.

JMO

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...t-corrections-error_n_3670416.html?ir=Detroit

How comforting to know that Lavere Bryant, a convicted sex offender, fell off the system/police radar.

He was still listed as incarcerated at the time of the crime and his address was never updated in the system upon his release. Unbelievable.

Here we go again - the overall system lacks cross record keeping/documentation between local jail, prison and federal systems. Terrible.

Thanks for this update. I hadn't expected to learn anything new until the preliminary hearing on Wednesday. I hope that LB is denied bail and that he is behind bars until the Family Dollar Case goes to trial.

Live stream preliminary hearing:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ders/-/1719418/21258454/-/ap4ws8/-/index.html

Preliminary exam Wednesday for suspect in Dearborn Family Dollar murders

34-year-old Dearborn man accused of killing Brenna Machus, Joe Orlando

Author: Troy A. Blevins, Online Editor, Producer
Halston Herrera, Senior News Editor for ClickOnDetroit.com, hherrera@wdiv.com

Published On: Jul 31 2013 12:00:00 AM EDT Updated On: Jul 31 2013 08:31:01 AM EDT

DEARBORN, Mich. -
Dearborn murder copy A preliminary exam will take place Wednesday morning for a 34-year-old Dearborn man accused of killing two Family Dollar employees...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ders/-/1719418/21250010/-/8a80sc/-/index.html

July 31, 2013 at 6:39 am

Man charged in Family Dollar homicides due in court today

Oralandar Brand-Williams /The Detroit News

Dearborn — The man charged in the double homicide at the Family Dollar store earlier this month is scheduled for a preliminary examination Wednesday.

More details about the shocking murders are expected to come out during the hearing, which is scheduled before Judge Sam Salamey in 19th District Court...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130731/METRO01/307310036#ixzz2acvpvrtt

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back