GUILTY MI - Brenna Machus, 20, Romulus, 16 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't expect reporting on it, but it sure would be interesting to find out if he is a lefty too.

Well I'll be damned! Lol!

Glad they got him. Crazy crazy! Could have SWORE he was someone else.

Yay! Glad for Brenna and Joe's family! Justice :)

He sure looks a lot like the other guy, though. Nice work.

Brief report on 4:00 news. No live coverage of arraignment. More coming up on 5:00 report.

Oye...the comments are blowing up on The Detroit News. It's getting ugly and very racially motivated. We seriously don't need this on the heels of everything that has been going on lately. :(

Oye...the comments are blowing up on The Detroit News. It's getting ugly and very racially motivated. We seriously don't need this on the heels of everything that has been going on lately. :(

Yes, I was just reading the comments, and they were literally making me sick to my stomach. I had to stop reading and close the tab.

Happens all the time, Surfie, which is the reason that I rarely read comments responding to news articles. Same with the Channel 4 website. Both The Detroit News and WDIV used to manage their own response boards (I was a member of both), but now that the comments are through social media, it's essentially "anything goes". Regardless of the topic, comments are either politically, racially, or religiously motivated. Best to avoid entirely. :moo:

I'm so glad they got this guy. We need a mod to put "ARREST" in the thread title!

Justice for Brenna and Joe!

i am actually really impressed with how quickly this arrest was made. i'll be interested to read more on the case they have against this guy!

Awesome Margarita! You should treat yourself to a Margarita! ;)

Who's buyin'? :wink:

Another of the streets. :)

Good work LE and peeps!!!

May Joe's and Brenna's families find comfort, closure and healing, as much as humanely possible.

:praying:

May justice be served (as I always say, if there is such a thing in an instance like this. :( )

July 24, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Suspect arraigned in Dearborn Family Dollar killings

Serena Maria Daniels /The Detroit News

Dearborn —A Dearborn man suspected of killing two Family Dollar employees last week was arraigned Wednesday afternoon.

Lavere Bryant, 34, was arrested on two counts of first-degree murder, armed robbery, unlawful imprisonment, felon in possession of a firearm and felony firearm, the Wayne County Prosecutor’s office said.

He was taken into custody Friday. Wayne County Circuit court records show Bryant was charged on a second-degree criminal sexual conduct and home invasion count in 1999. The home invasion charge was dropped, but he served one year in prison and five years probation on the sexual conduct charge.

“Everything about this case is extremely upsetting. This was not an easy case to put together. I commend all of the tenacity of the Dearborn Police Department and am grateful for the help from the public and media,” Prosecutor Kym Worthy said in a statement...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130724/METRO01/307240093#ixzz2Zzw2ir9W

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc
Back