GUILTY MI - Brenna Machus, 20, Romulus, 16 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
thanks 2hip for mentioning this case to me! i just finished getting caught up and here are my thoughts:

when he walks in and waves, i think he was signaling for someone outside in a vehicle to circle around to the back. i think that's where they exited from when this was all said and done.

when he walks in and to his right, after signaling for someone outside to drive around the back, and he moves his hood a little bit, i think he looked up to see if there was anyone else in the store, saw someone, then decided to grab the cart to buy a little time so he could watch for the other customer(s) to leave while strolling the aisles a little bit. unfortunately, this gave him a little extra time to firm up a plan by having the time to check out the store and plan his next move(s). i think he had a solid plan already, but was able to visualize it all right before doing it. without more info from LE, idk what to think about a sequence of events tho.. i can't see the perp taking brenna out the back and Orlando not rushing to call 911 (dont most youngsters keep their cell phone on them even at work these days?? lol).. unless he was totally scared out of his mind and couldn't physically do it, or if the perp threatened him that he'd come back in and kill him if he tried to call police. i hope LE reveals more info soon!

i also think the white things on his hands are to cover up tattoos and fingerprints. i don't think this is the perp's first crime.. he's probably been to prison before and learned some tricks about how to perfect his crimes. the way that he's dressed is very clean gangster.. i believe he is gang affiliated. i really believe that there was an accomplice in this.. even if he/she was just a getaway driver.

:greetings: Welcome to the thread

If the perp is trying to cover up anything I believe it is just prints. I do not see anything indicating tattoos on the hands or wrists. Wouldn't that be on the top of the hand? They seem uncovered to me.

~

Just checking in and hoping to see an arrest had been made. Oh how I hate disappointment.

Justice for Brenna and Joe.

The servers must have been down or maybe maintenance? I was just able to log on a few minutes ago myself.

I looked like this for a few :scared: LOL

Glad they are back :)

~

Site was down. I found posts on Twitter from a WS administrator. Also, if you Google "Websleuths down" (or any other website), you can get to a site that reports websites that are currently down.

Site was down. I found posts on Twitter from a WS administrator. Also, if you Google "Websleuths down" (or any other website), you can get to a site that reports websites that are currently down.

Thank you!!! Very good info for the ole mental rolodex!

thanks 2hip for mentioning this case to me! i just finished getting caught up and here are my thoughts:

when he walks in and waves, i think he was signaling for someone outside in a vehicle to circle around to the back. i think that's where they exited from when this was all said and done.

when he walks in and to his right, after signaling for someone outside to drive around the back, and he moves his hood a little bit, i think he looked up to see if there was anyone else in the store, saw someone, then decided to grab the cart to buy a little time so he could watch for the other customer(s) to leave while strolling the aisles a little bit. unfortunately, this gave him a little extra time to firm up a plan by having the time to check out the store and plan his next move(s). i think he had a solid plan already, but was able to visualize it all right before doing it. without more info from LE, idk what to think about a sequence of events tho.. i can't see the perp taking brenna out the back and Orlando not rushing to call 911 (dont most youngsters keep their cell phone on them even at work these days?? lol).. unless he was totally scared out of his mind and couldn't physically do it, or if the perp threatened him that he'd come back in and kill him if he tried to call police. i hope LE reveals more info soon!

i also think the white things on his hands are to cover up tattoos and fingerprints. i don't think this is the perp's first crime.. he's probably been to prison before and learned some tricks about how to perfect his crimes. the way that he's dressed is very clean gangster.. i believe he is gang affiliated. i really believe that there was an accomplice in this.. even if he/she was just a getaway driver.

I like your theory of a getaway driver. I also wish we knew more about the sequence of events or just what exactly those two witnesses that day saw happen. Would really help us determine whether or not he was alone in his crime and this would help determine whether it was a gang hit or a personal hit.

I'm thinking he tried to commit the crime alone and that was the Achilles heel of his operation IMO

Only because -

I believe Brenna was attempting to fight back in the car after he forced her into it and began driving - and he had to shoot her as he was unable to subdue her ( as he had no one else in the car to aid him in subduing her). She seems like the type that won't go down without a fight. Same with Orlando. Good kids, but tough kids.

This would explain why her body was not found very far from the Dollar Store on the side of the road.

I think he overestimated his criminal capabilities (partially out of sheer ego)

I like your theory of a getaway driver. I also wish we knew more about the sequence of events or just what exactly those two witnesses that day saw happen. Would really help us determine whether or not he was alone in his crime and this would help determine whether it was a gang hit or a personal hit.

I'm thinking he tried to commit the crime alone and that was the Achilles heel of his operation IMO

Only because -

I believe Brenna was attempting to fight back in the car after he forced her into it and began driving - and he had to shoot her as he was unable to subdue her ( as he had no one else in the car to aid him in subduing her). She seems like the type that won't go down without a fight. Same with Orlando. Good kids, but tough kids.

This would explain why her body was not found very far from the Dollar Store on the side of the road.

one thing i just dont get is why the heck he'd take her in his car. having her in there will undoubtedly mean she left evidence behind.. this would tie him to the crime. maybe it was someone he knew and was having a hard time actually killing her, but realized he didn't have a choice when it came down to it.

I keep searching for updates and refreshing here... just want some news... Brenna and Joe (and the community affected) deserve justice.

Only because -

That whole scenario makes sense.

wait! i just noticed this.. her red COACH shoes and jewelry were still on her. this tells me that the perp wasn't looking for money or to rob anyone. it was all about her.

Sources also said it appears her body had been at the location for awhile. It was badly decomposed and only identified by her black pants, black shirt, red Coach shoes and jewelry.

also from the article:

Meanwhile, we have learned only some of the surveillance cameras at the store were working.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/22873576/source-womans-body-found-near-tpc-michigan-in-dearborn

The hand signal also could have been a signal to someone outside that customers were inside the store.

This crime was either a gang retaliation or a gang initiation for a new member of a crime or street gang.

according to the find brenna FB page, money raised will be divided up into 3 charities to honor Joseph & Brenna.

One is Write love on your arm - this is an anti-bullying campaign that Brenna loved as she was very passionate about anti-bullying.

Another foundation is Friends of the Dearborn animal shelter - in honor of Joseph's family wishes.

And finally, the ASPCA- because Brenna LOVED animals.

I think it's awesome that the families are using the money to honor these sweet "kids" by supporting causes that they loved. With the unnecessary loss of these two, there is aid going to causes that will better the lives of others. Of course I wish it didn't have to happen this way, but what better way to honor their lives than supporting what they cared about when they were here.

Still praying for justice for Joseph & Brenna.

https://www.facebook.com/FindBrennaMachus

according to the find brenna FB page, money raised will be divided up into 3 charities to honor Joseph & Brenna.

One is Write love on your arm - this is an anti-bullying campaign that Brenna loved as she was very passionate about anti-bullying.

Another foundation is Friends of the Dearborn animal shelter - in honor of Joseph's family wishes.

And finally, the ASPCA- because Brenna LOVED animals.

I think it's awesome that the families are using the money to honor these sweet "kids" by supporting causes that they loved. With the unnecessary loss of these two, there is aid going to causes that will better the lives of others. Of course I wish it didn't have to happen this way, but what better way to honor their lives than supporting what they cared about when they were here.

Still praying for justice for Joseph & Brenna.

https://www.facebook.com/FindBrennaMachus

Thank you for letting me know this. ;)

Another morning with no local media updates on this case. I hope that LE is solidifying their case and close to making an arrest.

Suspect arrested in Dearborn Family Dollar murders

Brenna Machus, Joe Orlando killed

Published On: Jul 24 2013 12:56:58 PM EDT

DEARBORN, Mich. -
Local 4 has learned that Dearborn police have a man in custody for the murders of two Family Dollar employees.

More details on the suspect will be released when he is arraigned...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ers/-/1719418/21144336/-/1vtgh4z/-/index.html

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rockon:

Man, I'm dying to know who it is and what the motive was!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayjay23
Back