GUILTY MI - Brenna Machus, 20, Romulus, 16 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey everyone.

I've just removed quite a few posts referencing one of Brenna's Twitter friends. If you think you see a resemblance between one of her friends and the perp, or if you find some tweets of concern, please CALL IN THE TIP. This may be very valuable information. However...we do not allow sleuthing of social media friends here. So, like I said, if you find something, report it. But don't post about it.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Regarding the portion in red. Not being allowed to link to it, means you aren't allowed to discuss it or allude to it either. Don't try to circumvent the rules please. :)

Thanks.

^^^^ thank you.

Rights to privacy y'all. I sure wouldn't want anyone going through my personal networking with a fine toothed comb. MOO.

So this person questioned yesterday... Has he become a suspect?? What's new with him?

"WYANDOTTE — A huge personality. A hard worker. A generous person."

http://www.thenewsherald.com/articles/2013/07/19/news/doc51ea0d585a97d512214379.txt

"'Think of your favorite time with her,' Forte said. 'Toss it into the water. As you let it go, let her fly high.'

Many did, despite a thunderstorm that featured several lightning bolts. One mourner said God sent the storm because he was mad Machus was killed."

I want to bring over a single post from another thread that may help us here, can someone tell me how to quote a single post from an unrelated thread? I swear I've looked everywhere for how to do it.

I want to bring over a single post from another thread that may help us here, can someone tell me how to quote a single post from an unrelated thread? I swear I've looked everywhere for how to do it.

I think you click on the number of the post on the top corner of said post.

It should then direct you to a window with just that post that you can link to this thread via URL :)

I'm using a phone app so I'm trying to remember how to do it the desktop way.

But I think he taped his fingertips so he wouldn't leave fingerprints behind.

Provided that the back of the suspect's hands wasn't taped, the suspect could have left palm prints at the crime scene.

Sorry about my faux pas. I thought a victim's social media accounts were okay to link. After I hinted to a specific profile for the purpose of pointing out a likeness/coincidence that I noticed, I thought I may have crossed a line but wasn't 100 percent sure as long as I didn't post the picture and the name.

Let's hope the police comb over a victim's social media accounts in this day and age. It seems to me there may be information to be gleaned by doing so.

"She asked mourners to come to the picnic table in the middle of the shelter and take a penny out of a jar. The pennies had a “B” for Brenna on them."

“Think of your favorite time with her,” Forte said. “Toss it into the water. As you let it go, let her fly high.”

WYANDOTTE: Vigil for slain Family Dollar assistant manager draws hundreds to riverfront park http://www.thenewsherald.com/articles/2013/07/19/news/doc51ea0d585a97d512214379.txt

...BTW, I'm sorta local to this case.... in MI and have lived all over the southeast of the state, Wayne, Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw, Livingston, Jackson counties.

My son in law's family all still live in Dearborn and it sure seems like crime there has been escalating over the past few years. He was robbed at gunpoint in his mom's yard 3 years ago. One of the three perps got off, then killed a guy this year, so the police wanted him to come testify at that trial too.

<respectfully snipped>

I totally agree with you about social media. I've never had Facebook or Twitter accounts and don't ever plan to. :scared:

Thanks for sharing that you're local. As much as I enjoy maps and photos, I appreciate the comments of folks who have actually been to the locations that are being discussed in all of the cases that I follow. 'Sleuthers descriptions of the areas investigated helps me visualize the setting - sort of like reading a novel and picturing characters, places, etc.

I don't go to Dearborn much any more but made frequent visits to Greenfield Village, The Henry Ford (museum), the Ford Rotunda (holiday carnivals of yesteryear) while growing up and raising DD, and I've attended events at the Dearborn Country Club and the Dearborn Inn. I grew up in Detroit and have lived in Oakland County for 40 years.

Provided that the back of the suspect's hands wasn't taped, the suspect could have left palm prints at the crime scene.

I don't know to me it seemed like even the side of his hand Had been partially bandaged (under the knuckle of the pinky wrapped from a portion of the palm to the back of the hand)

3ejebuda.jpg

That's an awesome point. I had to look twice so many times bc there seemed to be a piece of tape even in that area of his hand (besides fingertips) so this helps me to understand why that MIGHT be what that white bit in that area is.

I wish we had a more clear, non "checkers" vid of this dope.

I don't know to me it seemed like even the side of his hand Had been partially bandaged (under the knuckle of the pinky wrapped from a portion of the palm to the back of the hand)

3ejebuda.jpg

That's an awesome point. I had to look twice so many times bc there seemed to be a piece of tape even in that area of his hand (besides fingertips) so this helps me to understand why that MIGHT be what that white bit in that area is.

I wish we had a more clear, non "checkers" vid of this dope.

This must be the same thing I referenced a few pages back in the photo that I enlarged. I was thinking it might be a bracelet or watch but it could be tape also. With quality of the photos available to us its too hard to tell for sure.

picture.php

~

Yes I believe it is a bandage now that you see it to and I'm not just going crazy.

Nonetheless I'm going to try my damnedest to find a better quality video for us to analyze! ;)

Yes I believe it is a bandage now that you see it to and I'm not just going crazy.

Nonetheless I'm going to try my damnedest to find a better quality video for us to analyze! ;)

Do you think it is possible that there could be a bandage there to cover up a tattoo that would be very recognizable?

What comes to mind is Jodi Arias and how LE found her palm print on the wall. Of course there was a lot of blood on the scene so she left LE a visible gift as her hand came in contact with the blood first before touching the wall!

It seems like this guy took precautions but you never know what he may have mistakingly left behind especially at the location where Brenna was found.

There's never any progress/news over the weekend - blah.

Do you think it is possible that there could be a bandage there to cover up a tattoo that would be very recognizable?

That's a very good thought here. Yes, I think it is possible that a bandage or tape (maybe atheletic sports tape) was used to cover up a tattoo on the hand or wrist area.

The suspect had the fingertips and the hand covered in order not to leave any fingerprint or palm print at the crime scene and on the weapon used in the crime.

With the hand covered, it also kept traces of gunpowder residue from being on the suspect's hands after a weapon was fired.

I noticed that the suspect's left hand is in a pocket. I just wonder if the suspect ever got his left hand out of the pocket and if the left hand was also covered the same way that the right hand was covered.

That's a very good thought here. Yes, I think it is possible that a bandage or tape (maybe atheletic sports tape) was used to cover up a tattoo on the hand or wrist area.

The suspect had the fingertips and the hand covered in order not to leave any fingerprint or palm print at the crime scene and on the weapon used in the crime.

With the hand covered, it also kept traces of gunpowder residue from being on the suspect's hands after a weapon was fired.

I noticed that the suspect's left hand is in a pocket. I just wonder if the suspect ever got his left hand out of the pocket and if the left hand was also covered the same way that the right hand was covered.

Did he move the shopping cart with his right hand only or right and left? I believe it was only his right hand which is the hand in question with what I believe to be white medical tape.

If he could only maneuver the Shopping cart with his right hand bc he was securing the gun in his pocket with his left hand, perhaps he had to grip the shopping cart handle pretty well to use just one hand when turning it and walking away as he did.

Awesome point about the gun residue, but wouldn't that also be in places other than just his hands as well? On his face and sleeves/chest area ?

Maybe that's why he looked as if he covered his face pretty well (besides the obvious of not being IDd).

Nonetheless, if he washed/prepared his hands well before going in the store and made sure they weren't oily/sweaty/dirty - it could make getting any print difficult to obtain nonetheless.

I'm wagering that if he got nervous last second and had to grab the cart bc he didn't want others in the store to suspect/notice him, he might have experienced sweaty palms.

PLUS it was hot out and he was wearing some pretty warm duds. He had to of been sweating between that and the nervous energy/adrenaline. Hopefully this helps get a print or two :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back