GUILTY MI - Brenna Machus, 20, Romulus, 16 July 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Noon report on Channel 4 was mostly about the two women who are seen on surveillance video at @ the time of the shooting and abduction and police wanting to speak with them.

I'll post video when it's available.

For those of you without FB: the help find page states that the Dearborn PD will be releasing a statement with more info at 130

My daughter was held up at gunpoint and robbed at a Dollar store when she worked there. There were 2 perps. They came in initially the first time and scoped out the place. The older guy asked my daughter to help him pick out an anniversary card for his wife. She took him back to the card section and helped him. He checked out and left. Then, they called and talked to her about some other random thing. Finally near closing time, the second younger guy came in and hid in the store (presumably where the older guy had told him to after coming in to get the card).

They closed the store. The younger guy came out of hiding with the gun and his face covered with a bandanna. He made my daughter pour bleach on the recording devices in the office. After that he got on the phone with the older guy who was waiting outside in the getaway car. After he got whatever they wanted, he took my daughter and her manager to the back storage room where they keep the big carts for stocking. He threw them in there and pushed a bunch of carts on top of them and left. Thank GOD the were not killed.

The surveillance equipment was salvaged and they managed to get some surveillance video off of it. They also got surveillance video from the store (Exxon) across the street. These guys had been robbing Dollar stores all over the area and nearby towns. They were eventually caught about 5 or 6 months later.

It looks to me like Brenna was purposefully targeted and perhaps the person who did it was jealous of her coworker. It seems to me if this were a garden-variety robbery, they wouldn't kill either of them or abduct anyone.

The Family Dollars in my area were getting robbed so much they put in new cameras. The cameras are live and every so often a message goes off telling you you're on live surveillance.

"They don't think robbery was a motive. There was some type of an altercation out behind her store. She went out back to find out what was going on, and they believe that's when she was abducted. After the abduction, they went in, they killed the cashier," said Jamie Machus, her father.

This is strange, IF robbery was not the motive, then what was ? The kidnapping of Brenna or the murder of Orlando ? If abduction of Brenna was the motive, why go in and murder Orlando. Of course the precise details of the event are probably not known at the moment, may not of happened like that.

http://http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/22853329/dearborn-police-investigating-robbery-homicide-at-family-dollar-store

In one of the video's I watched it said the young man that was shot was found in the rear bathroom. It is also said he was shot execution style.

It is one of the video's in this link: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...der/-/1719418/21007706/-/w5qu23z/-/index.html

If the men were having an altercation outside in the rear as according to what Brenna's father said, I wonder how they ended up in the bathroom? Unless "out back" means in the back room.

The whole unlocked/locked door thing has me stumped. If the doors were left unlocked than there had to be some customers that would have come into the store in the last hour before the store was to close and noticed no employee's where there to wait on them.

If I walked into a store and found no employees I would be calling LE. What are the chances that every person that walked into the store if the doors were left unlocked just left without paying for their merchandise or just left the merchandise at the counter and not thinking anything of it?

Some other questions I'm wondering are:

1. Where the lights left on in the store overnight?
  2. If the lights were left on didn't anyone think that was strange? (Police patrolling at night)
  3. Does the Dearborn police check doors in this shopping center on routine patrol?
  4. Does the store have an alarm?
  5. If there was an alarm and it was not set would the notifying station be alerted and if so was the store manager alerted that the alarm was not set after the store should have been closed and the alarm turned on?

JMO

I've never been in one of these "dollar stores" :blushing: as I don't see them anywhere near where I shop. The few that I have seen at local strip malls don't seem to stay in business very long. Will someone tell me what kind of merchandise they carry? Thanks.

In one of the video's I watched it said the young man that was shot was found in the rear bathroom. It is also said he was shot execution style.

It is one of the video's in this link: http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...der/-/1719418/21007706/-/w5qu23z/-/index.html

If the men were having an altercation outside in the rear as according to what Brenna's father said, I wonder how they ended up in the bathroom? Unless "out back" means in the back room.

The whole unlocked/locked door thing has me stumped. If the doors were left unlocked than there had to be some customers that would have come into the store in the last hour before the store was to close and noticed no employee's where there to wait on them.

If I walked into a store and found no employees I would be calling LE. What are the chances that every person that walked into the store if the doors were left unlocked just left without paying for their merchandise or just left the merchandise at the counter and not thinking anything of it?

1. [*]Where the lights left on in the store overnight?
    [*]If the lights were left on didn't anyone think that was strange? (Police patrolling at night)
    [/B]
  2. Does the Dearborn police check doors in this shopping center on routine patrol?
  3. Does the store have an alarm?
  4. If there was an alarm and it was not set would the notifying station be alerted and if so was the store manager alerted that the alarm was not set after the store should have been closed and the alarm turned on?

JMO

There were reportedly power outages in the area due to heavy storms on Monday night. If lights were out, folks probably thought that it was due to a power outage and didn't pay much attention to the store being dark.

Interesting back and forth on twitter between RM and BM regarding her giving him a "hit list". May be nothing, but I doubt LE would just brush it aside.

1. Where the lights left on in the store overnight?
  2. If the lights were left on didn't anyone think that was strange? (Police patrolling at night)
  3. Does the Dearborn police check doors in this shopping center on routine patrol?
  4. Does the store have an alarm?
  5. If there was an alarm and it was not set would the notifying station be alerted and if so was the store manager alerted that the alarm was not set after the store should have been closed and the alarm turned on?
JMO

All great questions and some I've been wondering myself. I hope they answer some of them at the presser at 1:30....

~

I've never been in one of these "dollar stores" :blushing: as I don't see them anywhere near where I shop. The few that I have seen at local strip malls don't seem to stay in business very long. Will someone tell me what kind of merchandise they carry? Thanks.

We have one here. Basically a smaller version of what I would say K-mart is but more the size of your basic drug store IE but no Pharmacy.

We have one here in our small town. I go there all the time as we really do not have a large choice in shopping in a town of 3000.

~

Kind of like a Woolworth's. Toys, cleaning products, paper products and then different stuff when they get deals, I guess.

Metro Detroit's Hookah Scene

Terry Parris Jr. | Thursday, December 18, 2008

Nabeel Hamameh *advertiser censored* his head toward the ceiling and lets out a chest filled with billowing white smoke. It's thick; the smoke lingers and then slowly disappears, giving way to the smell of oranges, which fills the corner of the Lava Java Café, a hookah bar and café in Dearborn.

"In 1999 a (hookah) shop opened up here in Dearborn, I remember," the 34-year-old says holding the hose of the hookah with the mouthpiece just a few inches away from his lips. "It wasn't so popular then. Now, ten years later, there is one on every corner. It seems like and they go all the way out to Shelby Township!" ...

http://www.metromodemedia.com/features/MetroDetroitHookah0097.aspx

I wonder if this is the place that Brenna likes.

This is the address of the FB group she belongs to that is listed on her page:

La Perle Hooka Lounge 121 Maple Rd Wyandotte MI 48192

~

Basically like a mini Wal-Mart. They have clothing, household things, cleaning supplies, pet food, and some boxed and cold foods.

Dollar stores carry all sorts of things, but nothing high end. Basically, if you could find it at WallMart for under $5.00, you'll find it at a dollar store. Off brand products, plastic containers of every sort, some school supplies, plastic toys, wrapping paper and party supplies.......I usually go there to get things like squirt guns for the kids, "goody bag" items, seasonal stuff.....

Interesting back and forth on twitter between RM and BM regarding her giving him a "hit list". May be nothing, but I doubt LE would just brush it aside.

Yes, it's concerning...wondering who the guy is that Brenna had the ppo out for. RM says that the guy ignored and violated the order.

Yes, it's concerning...wondering who the guy is that Brenna had the ppo out for. RM says that the guy ignored and violated the order.

Do you have to be a member or can anyone read the Twitter? Could you post link, please? Thanks.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LizV
Back