GUILTY MI - Carnel Chamberlain, 4, Mount Pleasant, 21 June 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I hear any mention of burning...

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Me too.

I am just so upset.....again. This is another awful, sad case.

And FWIW I believe the mother holds some responsibility in what happened to her child. I can't think of her as a victim. I just can't. She had the opportunity to help her child, and to protect him. She did nothing, and her child suffered greatly due to her inaction. She knew Carnel was being mistreated. That makes her guilty....not victimized....in my eyes.

MOO, etc.

The construction workers heard loud arguing.....before she went to work, maybe? Poor little guy. I also have a 4 yr. old grandson.....

Didn't her ex Tribal Chief cousin say she had been warned about her feather faced lover?

No Amster, the workers heard arguing Wednesday, the day before Carnel went missing. That's why I highlighted that section upstream in my link.
Anthony Gardner, a contractor says, "On Wednesday we heard a lot of arguing. I didn't think much of it; I wish I would have now."

He says other crew members smelled something burning last Thursday. They said it smelled different, like flesh. They have been interviewed by investigators several times.

http://www.upnorthlive.com/news/story.aspx?id=771273#.T-5pqcX5lBk
Who did Gardner hear arguing?

http://www.thetimesherald.com/artic...sed-him?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|s

A few days after that incident, another assault took place. This time, the mom witnessed it. She saw Bennett pick Carnel up by his neck, drop him, and then drag him by his right foot to his bedroom, which bruised his buttocks.

One cannot dispute that Jaimee C. WITNESSED her felon boyfriend abusing her child. These are court documents in which Jaimee HERSELF described the abuse she WITNESSED.

I do not believe she was present when he was abused and/or murdered. She may have seen a bruise or two, but she is not culpable as a murderer or even negligence from what I've seen/read so far.

Murder no, endangerment and negligence yes.

Here, according to her interview with an FBI agent, is what happened to her son.It was late May or early June when Jaimee Chamberlain came home from work and her boyfriend Anthony Bennett, who lived with her, asked her to sit down. He asked her to tell him that she loved him. What came next was disturbing.

Jaimee Chamberlain entered a bedroom where she saw her son on a bed with a bruised and swollen face, and a cut on the inside of his lip. A few days after this incident, the mother observed a 6- to 8-inch-long bruise along the boy’s ribcage. Bennett, the boyfriend, informed the mother that he had backhanded Carnel, who subsequently told his mom that Bennett had punched him. This all took place in the boy’s home on the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe reservation, where the mom, boyfriend and son lived.

http://www.thetimesherald.com/article/20120629/NEWS01/306290026/Mom-dead-Michigan-boy-4-told-FBI-her-boyfriend-abused-him?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|s

I know im too close to this case - but theres another in Detroit of a 1 yr old that "wandered off" and I found myself saying I can't do this again, I really can't :(

Can't wait til my soon to be 21 yr old DD gets home tonite so I can hug the crap out of her and TG she made it out alive as a child!

My children are my responsibility until they reach 18. They are my children for the rest of my life. If a teacher witnesses abuse and does not report it, they are in big doo doo, possibly fired. So am I to believe that a teacher is more responsible for my child than I am?

JC is paying the ultimate price for excusing this behavior, or as in her own words, "teaching Carnel to be a man". At age 4?? EXcuuuuse me! Maybe he could have been cleaning the whole house by 4.5 and changing the oil in his mothers car at 5 years of age. Get a grip.

Boyfriends are not babysitters. To take on a 2 time felon to house and feed for free babysitting does not seem to equal a gain in any way. And by the way, by the time I was 21, I had a daughter and a job, a husband and MY own home. To say that 21 is a selfish time in life is malarky, for some of us.

Violet Green, who used to live with Bennett, told 24 Hour News 8 as soon as she heard about Carnel, she feared the worst.

She's known Bennett for five years. He lived with her while he was dating her granddaughter. She believes he's responsible for Carnel's death.

"We slowly found out he (Bennett) wasn't a good person," she said. "It breaks my heart that somebody could do something to a child like that. Who sets somebody on fire? I want to know, did that boy suffer? Did he set him on fire alive, or did he beat him first and then set him on fire?"

Bennett, she said, was in and out of jail for much of his life. She finally kicked him out of her home when she saw his violent side first-hand.

"When he left, he took (my granddaughter's) dog and that when he kill her dog and set it on fire."

Bennett's criminal history dates back nearly a decade. Among other things, there was a restraining order against him for allegedly assaulting an ex-girlfriend and threatening to kill her father.

Months later, he tried to escape from a police officer who was trying to arrest him for drunk driving. And when Bennett was 15, he told another youth he had stabbed his sister and was going to stab that youth, too.

24 Hour News 8 requested documents from the tribal court about Bennett's criminal past on the reservation, but it was denied "for the protection of the community."

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/loca...nnett-carnel-chamberlain-fed-complaint-062912

ETA - Also information about Bennett's Attorney at link.

If ANY MAN had ever placed bruises on MY CHILD, he'd have better WATCHED OUT! He would not have wanted to see me in MAMA bear mode! He'd have been in jail and my baby would still be alive! I might have had no job... BUT... luckily I had family to back me up! Maybe she was just clueless!

No 4 yr needs to act like a "MAN", why was she
"on board" with that anyway? I guess she is a victim too,
so per TOS, I won't bash her.
God ♥ him! He was targeted by that monster!

I know im too close to this case - but theres another in Detroit of a 1 yr old that "wandered off" and I found myself saying I can't do this again, I really can't :(

Can't wait til my soon to be 21 yr old DD gets home tonite so I can hug the crap out of her and TG she made it out alive as a child!

You did so much for Carnel that I can't imagine how you feel now. I can lay here in my bed, far away in VA and express my sadness and heart break but I know it can't compare to those that were there day after day. Hug your daughter tonight then go to bed knowing that you gave everything you possibly could. Thank you for doing so much for that precious little boy.

I tried to leave but not before this:

Mom is not a suspect, but shes not a victim either, anymore after all this crap came out. She may not have "pulled the trigger", but IMO she "gave him the gun"

She complicit in this - and should be held responsible in some way.

If ANY MAN had ever placed bruises on MY CHILD, he'd have better WATCHED OUT! He would not have wanted to see me in MAMA bear mode! He'd have been in jail and my baby would still be alive! I might have had no job... BUT... luckily I had family to back me up! Maybe she was just clueless!

No 4 yr needs to act like a "MAN", why was she
"on board" with that anyway? I guess she is a victim too,
so per TOS, I won't bash her.
God ♥ him! He was targeted by that monster!

If any man had did that to my baby I would have been the one charged with murder. Nothing will ever explain her refusal to protect that child as far as I'm concerned.

And if she wanted to teach that little boy to act like a man she couldn't have chose a worse role model. I know we are victim friendly here but that baby is the only victim in my eyes.

One cannot dispute that Jaimee C. WITNESSED her felon boyfriend abusing her child. These are court documents in which Jaimee HERSELF described the abuse she WITNESSED.

Wait a sec. There are court documents of the abuse?

I tried to leave but not before this:

Mom is not a suspect, but shes not a victim either, anymore after all this crap came out. She may not have "pulled the trigger", but IMO she "gave him the gun"

She complicit in this - and should be held responsible in some way.

I know that had to be so hard for you to say. My heart goes out to you tonight.

No Amster, the workers heard arguing Wednesday, the day before Carnel went missing. That's why I highlighted that section upstream in my link.
Who did Gardner hear arguing?

Wednesday of this week? or last week?

Violet Green, who used to live with Bennett, told 24 Hour News 8 as soon as she heard about Carnel, she feared the worst.

She's known Bennett for five years. He lived with her while he was dating her granddaughter. She believes he's responsible for Carnel's death.

"We slowly found out he (Bennett) wasn't a good person," she said. "It breaks my heart that somebody could do something to a child like that. Who sets somebody on fire? I want to know, did that boy suffer? Did he set him on fire alive, or did he beat him first and then set him on fire?"

Bennett, she said, was in and out of jail for much of his life. She finally kicked him out of her home when she saw his violent side first-hand.

"When he left, he took (my granddaughter's) dog and that when he kill her dog and set it on fire."

Bennett's criminal history dates back nearly a decade. Among other things, there was a restraining order against him for allegedly assaulting an ex-girlfriend and threatening to kill her father.

Months later, he tried to escape from a police officer who was trying to arrest him for drunk driving. And when Bennett was 15, he told another youth he had stabbed his sister and was going to stab that youth, too.

24 Hour News 8 requested documents from the tribal court about Bennett's criminal past on the reservation, but it was denied "for the protection of the community."

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/loca...nnett-carnel-chamberlain-fed-complaint-062912

ETA - Also information about Bennett's Attorney at link.

Ok, from the snippets above, let me make sure I understand this correctly. 20 year old Anthony M. Bennett has a criminal history going back almost a decade to when he was 10?

According to the woman VG, mentioned above, AB lived with her and her granddaughter 5 years ago, when he was 15?

And the tribal court wants to keep Anthony's criminal records private to protect the community? And does that mean the Tribal communities are immune to the FOIA?

What a mess. Huge mess.
Jaimee is/was a young mother.
Her brother R is incarcerated for DV.
Her childs bio father is in prison for ??
She chose a man who'se criminal career appears to have began at 10, he appears to have been out on the streets at 15.

It takes a village. It's not hard to see how both Jaimee and her son could become victims. It's not like those close to them were unaware of the history. When is it going to end?

I'm not making excuses for her, but when this is all around you, it can tend to appear normal.

It takes a village. When is it going to end? With what generation and how many generations will have to suffer?

Sleep peacefully Carnel. Justice is coming and we won't forget you.

That poor baby. Bless his little heart. His life became hel* on earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne