GUILTY MI - Carnel Chamberlain, 4, Mount Pleasant, 21 June 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how to link to TV-5 News, but during the news at 11, they said that the body had been found earlier in the week. They said that they were verifying that the body was actually his.

Pretty sure this is incorrect. LE would have cut back on public searches and the resources they were using. It would also eliminate the need for cadaver dogs today.

IMO!:banghead:

I hate to say this, but I got the impression that the "burning" smell was due to the heat of the temperature there in Michigan...not sure the body was burned...JMO

I was born and raised about an hour from Mount Pleasant, Michigan. High, humid summer temperatures in Michigan do not create a "burning smell". But, perhaps you are referring to something else?

I was born and raised about an hour from Mount Pleasant, Michigan. High, humid summer temperatures in Michigan due not create a "burning smell". But, perhaps you are referring to something else?

I am 25 miles from there and its very dry here - fire warnings out and it was 97 today, I never smelled anything weird

Tribe has already come out and said because this involved a tribal member, it is a federal crime

So, wouldn't that imply that the death penalty is on the table? I know that my home state of Michigan doesn't have the death penalty, but if this is being ruled as a federal crime, they can seek the death penalty--correct?

This is what the news reporter said:

"Carnel's remains were found under the porch. Sources close to the investigation say that those remains were actually found earlier this week. They didn't positively identify Carnel until late today. Family members say that may be because the four year olds remains were badly burned."

Omg.

It just keeps getting worse.

Pretty sure this is incorrect. LE would have cut back on public searches and the resources they were using. It would also eliminate the need for cadaver dogs today.

I agree; however, the family came out early in the week hopping mad about some rumors that were circulating and were refusing to address or confirm those rumors. Interestingly, all of her cousin's posts are now gone. I went to see when he was talking about the rumors and his posts are gone.

This is what the news reporter said:

"Carnel's remains were found under the porch. Sources close to the investigation say that those remains were actually found earlier this week. They didn't positively identify Carnel until late today. Family members say that may be because the four year olds remains were badly burned."

Here's a link to the article from about an hour ago, perhaps the reporter mis-spoke,idk.
http://m.wnem.com/w/news-local/story/65752479/

72% of victims are found 0-199 feet from where they were killed (pg.37). I looked at that last night and thought about an area near the home.
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/Digitization/201253NCJRS.pdf

Sorry, kind of off-topic. Exactly, Knox. I have hoped that law enforcement here in Portland, Oregon would conduct a detailed search with HRD dogs on the Horman family property. I have always felt that little Kyron is within a few miles of Skyline School, and the Horman property, (secluded and wooded), would have been the easiest locale for Terri Horman to "disappear" Kyron. I know that they searched the property shortly after his disappearance, but it has never been clear to me if they ever used HRD dogs on the property.

Omg.

It just keeps getting worse.

Wouldn't there have been evidence of a fire in the backyard? I'm having difficulty even getting into a possible scenario like this.

Sorry, kind of off-topic. Exactly, Knox. I have hoped that law enforcement here in Portland, Oregon would conduct a detailed search with HRD dogs on the Horman family property. I have always felt that little Kyron is within a few miles of Skyline School, and the Horman property, (secluded and wooded), would have been the easiest locale for Terri Horman to "disappear" Kyron. I know that they searched the property shortly after his disappearance, but it has never been clear to me if they ever used HRD dogs on the property.

I agree with you, have followed your posts in that thread. We can discuss it further there, interesting thoughts helenstreet.

Unless what they found under the porch were partial remains. Finding partial remains would indicate a need find to the rest of the remains and use of cadaver dogs.

It's speculation, but it could be the authorities discontinued using civilian volunteers to search upon the finding of partial remains.

We'll have to wait to see what more comes out via the media, and then trial.

To all you lawyers out there: Since this crime was committed on the res, is it under Federal Jursdication? Can the Death Penalty be pursued?

Good question! At the state level there is no DP in MI. I believe the DP is still in effect at the federal level.

Yes it will go to federal court, but it depends on the tribe as to whether they opt in for the death penalty.

I'll take it further....single mums with LITTLE children...do not date anyone. You have a job to do. Your kids are way more important than your love life.

While I respect your opinion, I have to disagree to an extent. Yes, no parent should sacrifice their child's needs and safety to date, but I really don't see anything wrong with a single parent dating when precautions are put in place and the child's needs are met. I believe that a single parent can date and meet the needs of his/her child(ren) without putting the child(ren) at risk. These types of cases are not just isolated to significant others/step-parents, this can and does occur with bio parents as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member