GUILTY MI - Carnel Chamberlain, 4, Mount Pleasant, 21 June 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To the People who were talking about tribal police my mother has worked in my. Pleasant (store manager) for a long time and the tribe is very influential in town politics and actually own most of the land in Mt. Pleasant. The tribe is very good about handling cases and doesn't give special treatment to anyone. Just a contributing thought from someone who has experience from Mt. Pleasant.

EDIT: also as of the 12pm news Thursday they were still considering the case to be a missing persons case and a search and rescue, not a recovery mission. That leads me to think the body really wasn't discovered until that afternoon.

Federal authorities were silent on the case early Friday, and the tribe was expected to hold a news conference in the afternoon.

Kevin Chamberlain, the tribe's former chief who is a cousin of Carnel's mother, Jaimee Chamberlain, said he had no details about what led investigators back to the house after many days of searching woods, ponds and the tribe's wastewater treatment areas.

The body "had to be in a grave. We had looked underneath before and didn't see anything," he said.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Boy-4-found-dead-under-home-on-Mich-reservation-3672879.php

June 29, 2012 at 6:42 am

Body of missing Mount Pleasant boy found buried at home
By Associated Press

Mount Pleasant— The body of a 4-year-old boy missing for a week was found buried Thursday at his home, a family spokesman said.

Carnel Chamberlain's body was found under a wood porch or deck at the home on the reservation of the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe, 70 miles north of Lansing, Kevin Chamberlain said.

Chamberlain, the tribe's former chief, said he had no details about what led investigators back to the house after many days of searching woods, ponds and the tribe's wastewater treatment areas...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120629/METRO/206290384#ixzz1zBUoNp4z

Arrest in 4-year-old boy's death

Family: Body of missing 4-year-old boy is found buried at his house in central Michigan

Published On: Jun 28 2012 07:37:15 PM EDT Updated On: Jun 29 2012 06:17:54 AM EDT

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...eath/-/1719418/15341370/-/rer7ow/-/index.html

--- On Thu, 6/28/12, posters@ncmec.org <posters@ncmec.org> wrote:

Subject: Missing Child Poster Partner Recovery -
To: <redacted>
Date: Thursday, June 28, 2012, 8:46 PM

Dear Poster Partner:
It is with great sadness and deep regret that we notify you that CARNEL CHAMBERLAIN missing from MOUNT PLEASANT, MI , has been located deceased. Please discontinue dissemination of this poster.

Please remove and discard any posters on this case that you have placed in public view.
We greatly appreciate your part in our efforts to reunite families and look forward to your continued support.
Thank you for your support.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Visit our web site at www.missingkids.com.

I have been following this thread for a few days now, but just got my account activated to be able to post today. I am from mount pleasant, I have lived here for 15 years. The person who posted about how influential the tribe is on this community is so right. Our community wouldn't be able to function without the tribe here, they donate a huge chunk of money each year to the schools, and small business....I just have nothing but good things to say about the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe and I am a white gal, so no bias there. Anyway....I personally know Jaimee. I work with her at the Soaring Eagle...and yes she has made a huge mistake in trusting this horrible monster with her child which resulted in his death because she didn't listen to his warnings, but she honestly just isn't that bright, she just trusted someone she thought she loved. She has the best intentions, but like someone posted above some people just honestly don't know what is going on...She is just a young girl who trusted the wrong person. and I can honestly say that all that girl talked about was Carnel. 24/7. She loved him with all she was, she would talk about how he changed her for the better and her life was in a rut before she cleaned up and got him back. She is a GOOD person. I am not family or anything like that just a co worker but she really truly just was blinded by love. Yes I agree she shouldn't have been with someone as a young mother but she is 21. Think back to being 21...what were we all? SELFISH! That is why 16 year olds shouldn't have kids but that is a whole different issue... And about the death penalty for Anthony. I babysit for cousins of the Chamberlains and they are actually starting a petition to get the death penalty just in case they decide to rule against it the tribe will have back up.

Welcome to Websleuths, JusticeforCarnel.

:welcome:

Since you mentioned knowing Carnel's mother, please consider becoming verified. Here is the information regarding being verified as knowing a case player. Being verified is voluntary.

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I'm so sorry for what you, Carnel's family, and the community are going through. There are really no words. I just pray justice comes swiftly and to the fullest extent of the law for little Carnel.

Welcome to Websleuths, JusticeforCarnel.

:welcome:

Since you mentioned knowing Carnel's mother, please consider becoming verified. Here is the information regarding being verified as knowing a case player. Being verified is voluntary.

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I'm so sorry for what you, Carnel's family, and the community are going through. There are really no words. I just pray justice comes swiftly and to the fullest extent of the law for little Carnel.

I will definitely do that and any questions anyone wants answered I would be more than glad to try and help. I was on the search for the second night as well. Thank you for your condolences....It is such a shock for our community it is nice to see forums like this with people who care, near or far.

Bless this baby's heart. So sad.

I have been following this thread for a few days now, but just got my account activated to be able to post today. I am from mount pleasant, I have lived here for 15 years. The person who posted about how influential the tribe is on this community is so right. Our community wouldn't be able to function without the tribe here, they donate a huge chunk of money each year to the schools, and small business....I just have nothing but good things to say about the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe and I am a white gal, so no bias there. Anyway....I personally know Jaimee. I work with her at the Soaring Eagle...and yes she has made a huge mistake in trusting this horrible monster with her child which resulted in his death because she didn't listen to his warnings, but she honestly just isn't that bright, she just trusted someone she thought she loved. She has the best intentions, but like someone posted above some people just honestly don't know what is going on...She is just a young girl who trusted the wrong person. and I can honestly say that all that girl talked about was Carnel. 24/7. She loved him with all she was, she would talk about how he changed her for the better and her life was in a rut before she cleaned up and got him back. She is a GOOD person. I am not family or anything like that just a co worker but she really truly just was blinded by love. Yes I agree she shouldn't have been with someone as a young mother but she is 21. Think back to being 21...what were we all? SELFISH! That is why 16 year olds shouldn't have kids but that is a whole different issue... And about the death penalty for Anthony. I babysit for cousins of the Chamberlains and they are actually starting a petition to get the death penalty just in case they decide to rule against it the tribe will have back up.

First just let me say that I am so happy to see someone here that can give us more insight into this. Carnel was a beautiful little boy and I hope you will tell us a little more about him. So many of us have been captivated by him, we've fallen in love with his beautiful eyes and smile so I know I can't be alone in wanting to hear more about him. We heard so little in the past week.

As for his mother, I feel for her, I really do and I can appreciate you feeling the need to speak up for her but I can't just let her off the hook. When you have a young child you don't have the luxury of being blinded by love. She owed it to that precious little boy to trust the bruises she saw with her own eyes and the words she heard from her son over what she thought she felt for any man. Being a single parent is rough and it is human nature to want to be able to share that burden with someone but you can't do it at the expense of your child. As JC just learnt sometimes there are no do overs and her child shouldn't have paid the price so she could find that out.

A few days ago, we were discussing how difficult it is for a single mother. She wants what's best for herself and her child. She's young, naive, doesn't have the benefit of a lot of life experiences, etc. I've noticed that young mothers really hope to find a man who can be their rock and who also can be a father to their child or children. Young mothers sometimes have limited education and limited resources. They tend to work a lot to pay the bills and tend to rely on family and friends for help with raising their children.

I have a friend who is involved in the MOPS organization. I believe that stands for Mothers of Preschoolers. She is specifically involved with the organization's program for teen mothers. She serves as a shoulder to lean on, a cheerleader, a therapist, a guide and a role model. There are many ways that we can help young parents. I hope that many of you consider contacting a local church, health clinic, school or community organization to see how you can get involved in your own community.

It is too late to save Carnel. But the clock is ticking away the seconds before this happens to another young child. We can stop that clock.

A few days ago, we were discussing how difficult it is for a single mother. She wants what's best for herself and her child. She's young, naive, doesn't have the benefit of a lot of life experiences, etc. I've noticed that young mothers really hope to find a man who can be their rock and who also can be a father to their child or children. Young mothers sometimes have limited education and limited resources. They tend to work a lot to pay the bills and tend to rely on family and friends for help with raising their children.

I have a friend who is involved in the MOPS organization. I believe that stands for Mothers of Preschoolers. She is specifically involved with the organization's program for teen mothers. She serves as a shoulder to lean on, a cheerleader, a therapist, a guide and a role model. There are many ways that we can help young parents. I hope that many of you consider contacting a local church, health clinic, school or community organization to see how you can get involved in your own community.

It is too late to save Carnel. But the clock is ticking away the seconds before this happens to another young child. We can stop that clock.

I completely agree with you.
She did make a mistake, there is no denying that...but it is not completely her fault in my eyes. She just happened to be put in a ****** situation with a monster of a man. Though she should have been clued in by his face tattoo--she is just young. Young girls are SO dumb when it comes to men. Some are just a little more dumb than others. Look at her first choice, Carnel's dad. He is in prison. She probably thought face tattoo was a step up. Regardless of her bad choice in boyfriends, she did nothing wrong. This guy was a PSYCHO, he would have ended up killing someone someday, it just breaks my heart it was this beautiful boy...I have a friend who used to hang out with AB. Apparently he strangled kittens and puppys just for the hell of it. Jaimee hasn't said anything to me personally but I wouldn't be surprised if he were hitting her too...This is all just a horrible situation. And vasportsmom: I never had the pleasure to meet Carnel, but from what his mom said about him...he was just perfect...

I've been following several cases on WS, but haven't posted in quite a while. This is just so sad. Any death of a child is sad, but to be murdered, it's unspeakable.

I think AB did it because Carnel told on him. He told his Mom that the guy was being mean to him. She saw the bruises and confronted him. He was angry and so decided to get rid of "his problem".

There are other little ones missing out there and I wonder if anybody has looked under the porches? Lisa Irwin in particular comes to mind. I know dogs have been used, but I do believe that sometimes dogs, like humans, miss things.

R.I.P. Beautiful Baby Boy! May your passing somehow result in a more welcoming and loving world for the children left in our care. May all who have been touched by your life begin to love deeper and fix their eyes on a better world to come. Praying in the Name of my Lord Jesus Christ for all who love you.

RIP sweet angel. :rose:

Carnel2.jpg

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/06/27/4-year-old-boy-vanishes-home

Nancy Grace covering the case tonight.

https://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceHLN

Just saw this in the papers. This makes me so sick, I shouldn't read this stuff.
I have always been anti DP but how are we going to stop people thinking that small children are disposable.
RIP little one

About 2 hours ago mom's status on FB was changed. She went from being "in a relationship" to "single."

So sad for Carnel....

The worst thing about being a member of Websleuths, is when you log in, and go to look at a thread you have been following, and the heading has changed from the Missing Forum, to the Located Forum with a heading "Found Deceased". :(

Oh, no, is always my reaction, and I always feel like I have been kicked in the gut.

In beautiful Carnel's case, it is no different.

Double kick, when I see words like "burned" and the smell of "barbeque". O.M.G.

Immediately brought to mind the tragic case of Jonathan Foster, burned with welding torches and murdered by Mona Nelson. She is still awaiting trial.

Rest in Peace, sweet Carnel. You deserved so very much more. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member