GUILTY MI - Carnel Chamberlain, 4, Mount Pleasant, 21 June 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Community Shows Strength in Time of Tragedy After 4 Year Old's Body Found

Levi Rickert, editor-in-chief in Native Currents.

ISABELLA INDIAN RESERVATION – Hundreds of Saginaw Chippewa people stood in support of the family of 4 year old Carnel Chamberlain last evening at a candlelight vigil on the Reservation one week to the hour he was reported missing by his mother.

The tribal police, FBI and Michigan State Police were still collecting evidence while the vigil was being held. The mother's ex-boyfriend, Anthony M. Bennett, arrested two and half hours before the event began, was across the street at the Tribal Police department still being questioned by law enforcement officers.

http://www.nativenewsnetwork.com/co...n-time-of-tragedy-4-year-olds-body-found.html

Do you guys think there was intent? Or do you think he was on drugs or drunk, something happened, so he hid the body? I feel like it could go either way...

My Theory:
Jaimee said AB should put Carnel to bed by nine...I think he probably was filling up a bath to bathe Carnel and he may have not wanted one...or not wanted to get out of the tub even.. AB gets mad and smacks the baby boy around again like he had before, except this time killing him, maybe even resulting in drowning in that tub. Hence the blood on the bathroom floor, overflowed tub, and his shorts in the laundry basket... I think he thought up the whole "swimming at the pool at 9:30" business to cover his *advertiser censored* if the body is found to have water in the lungs. He can say "oh someone drowned him in the pool and buried him under my porch" taking no responsibility.

Anyone else have theories?

I'm not going to speculate on a COD. Let's wait and see what the coroner has to say.

Do you guys think there was intent? Or do you think he was on drugs or drunk, something happened, so he hid the body? I feel like it could go either way...

My Theory:
Jaimee said AB should put Carnel to bed by nine...I think he probably was filling up a bath to bathe Carnel and he may have not wanted one...or not wanted to get out of the tub even.. AB gets mad and smacks the baby boy around again like he had before, except this time killing him, maybe even resulting in drowning in that tub. Hence the blood on the bathroom floor, overflowed tub, and his shorts in the laundry basket... I think he thought up the whole "swimming at the pool at 9:30" business to cover his *advertiser censored* if the body is found to have water in the lungs. He can say "oh someone drowned him in the pool and buried him under my porch" taking no responsibility.

Anyone else have theories?

I agree, but will add the possibility that he purposely made the water scalding hot, as a 'punishment' of some kind. We heard that AB had cuts and scratches on his arms, so he may have forcibly held the poor baby boy in the tub to burn him, or even held his head under water to scare him and punish him.Then once he realized that he went too far, he quickly scrambled to try and cover it up before mom came home.
It is also possible that he just filled the bathtub, without checking, and it was really hot. But once the baby got in and started to cry, it made AB angry and thinsg went sideways from there.

http://http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/family-body-of-missing-4-year-old-boy-is-found-buried-at-his-house-in-central-michigan/2012/06/28/gJQA1c959V_story.html
Man charged with assault of 4-year-old boy who was found dead on mid-Michigan reservation

According to the criminal complaint, Carnel’s mother told investigators that in late May or early June, she saw her son with a bruised and swollen face as well as a cut lip. She told authorities that her son said he was struck by Bennett.

A few days later, according to the complaint, she told authorities she saw Bennett pick up her son by the neck and drop him before dragging him into a room by his foot.

Well, there goes my sympathy for the "mom..." He would have been TOAST in my world.

I've been following here every day, but every time I try and post, I freeze up and can't think of what to say.

Is it because so many children who are killed by mom's bf?
Is it because we have to tell the poor baby to fly with the angels?
Is it because there are such evil in the world?
Is it because I keep running out of tears?
Is it because young mothers have no clue as to how to choose a new boyfriend?
Is it because so many young victims have led terrible lives with their abusers?
Or, is it because I've said these and so many other things and nothing ever changes?

http://mobile.mlive.com/advannarbor/pm_103352/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=cGJvU9gG

UPDATE: Police return to Carnel Chamberlain's home, searching underneath porch Erica Perdue | eperdue@mlive.com 06/29/2012 2:45 PM

MOUNT PLEASANT, MI — Police are back at the scene where family members say Carnel Chamberlain's body was found Thursday night.

The porch has been taken apart from the one-story home and cinder blocks have been removed while authorities search around the home and underneath where the porch previously stood.

One official was crawling under the home, throwing leaves and debris out of the way as he moved.

I don't care how young and naive a single mother is, once she sees with her own eyes, her boyfriend picking up her child by the neck, leaving bruises on his bottom, his face swollen, dragging him into the room by his foot---once that sort of things begin, and then her child asks her for help because the bf is 'mean'---once that kind of violence happens, you CANNOT LEAVE YOUR CHILD IS HIS CARE AT NIGHT WHILE YOU WORK.
I know this is a victim friendly forum, but I am sitting on my hands right now...:furious:

Can you imagine how Carnel must have felt Katy? His Mommy watched Bennett hurt him and didn't help him or make him stop. My stomach turns when I think about how this made that child feel.
icon9.gif

Heinekenman's post helped me make a decision. I picked up an application today, to volunteer at a Christian Crisis Center for women. He's right, it needs to stop now and these women need help to make better choices!

Failure to protect, child endangerment, gross negligence,.....murder. If these accusations I've read on here are true about JC. Then she is really no different then AB. She may not have done the murder but she defiantly assisted AB.

JAMIE is no longer a "victim". Carnel is the victim....murdered by one with the permission of another.

Why is it that people witness these monsters abusing and murdering animals, and they don't report it to authorities?

If they DO report animal abuse to authorities, many times there is nothing done.

The amount of murderers known to be abusive to animals in recent months is really, really alarming.

Was there a link somewhere that said that AB abused and murdered animals? I have been following the thread, but I may have missed this. TYIA

Failure to protect, child endangerment, gross negligence,.....murder. If these accusations I've read on here are true about JC. Then she is really no different then AB. She may not have done the murder but she defiantly assisted AB.

JAMIE is no longer a "victim". Carnel is the victim....murdered by one with the permission of another.

I must disagree here. This young mother did NOT give permission to murder her son!
She failed to protect him,maybe.
And, so did her family.
And, so did her community.

The blame lies solely with the perpetrator here.
There are lessons to be learned, surely. At the cost of yet another precious child's life.

“I’ll tell you what. I knew that baby was in there, I knew it, I knew it with a shadow of a doubt," Esther Chatfield, Carnal's Great Aunt told FOX 17.

"Because the way the trainers of those dogs and how those dogs act, they only went to the creek right back to the house."

Chatfield lives right next door, and is very emotional about the tragedy involving her family.

"I don’t understand why the authorities didn’t listen to those dogs
, because I tell you what, if I was the authority, I would’ve picked that house up and just dug it."

That’s exactly what authorities did Friday. Family says Carnel’s body was found burned under a porch. Esther says it was porch off the front of the house.

http://www.fox17online.com/news/fox...more-evidence-sought-20120629,0,1670143.story

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Jaimee is considered a victim because she is the family of the victim. Here at WS, until she is charged with a crime, she is considered a victim.

AFAIK, Jaimee has NOT been charged with a crime. Until she is, for our purposes, she is STILL a victim.

While the FBI continues to piece together this case, construction workers who have been roofing next door may be key witnesses in the investigation.

Anthony Gardner, a contractor says, "On Wednesday we heard a lot of arguing. I didn't think much of it; I wish I would have now."

He says other crew members smelled something burning last Thursday. They said it smelled different, like flesh. They have been interviewed by investigators several times.

http://www.upnorthlive.com/news/story.aspx?id=771273#.T-43SZEw_eU

Who was arguing I wonder?
http://www.upnorthlive.com/news/story.aspx?id=771273#.T-43SZEw_eU

Here, according to her interview with an FBI agent, is what happened to her son.It was late May or early June when Jaimee Chamberlain came home from work and her boyfriend Anthony Bennett, who lived with her, asked her to sit down. He asked her to tell him that she loved him. What came next was disturbing.

Jaimee Chamberlain entered a bedroom where she saw her son on a bed with a bruised and swollen face, and a cut on the inside of his lip. A few days after this incident, the mother observed a 6- to 8-inch-long bruise along the boy’s ribcage. Bennett, the boyfriend, informed the mother that he had backhanded Carnel, who subsequently told his mom that Bennett had punched him. This all took place in the boy’s home on the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe reservation, where the mom, boyfriend and son lived.

http://www.thetimesherald.com/article/20120629/NEWS01/306290026/Mom-dead-Michigan-boy-4-told-FBI-her-boyfriend-abused-him?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|s

What the heck?!!!!
icon8.gif

I think I'd be traumatized forever if I "smelled something burning" that night, then found out what I was smelling was that of a child being discarded of like trash. :(

Charging AB with assault as opposed to either murder or desecrating a corpse is an insult.
There are just no words. Sitting on my hands. :furious:

The assault charge is completely unrelated to the events of the past week. He was charged with the earlier assaults, the ones leaving Carnel with bruises, and the time JC saw him grab her son by the neck, drop him to the ground, and drag him by the leg into his room.

I've finally caught up on everything from today and I no longer feel sorry for JC. I don't care if she was young, naive, stupid, etc. above all else she was supposed to be a mother. Stupidity is NOT an excuse for allowing this monster to continue to abuse her child. She knew about it and did nothing and now that baby has paid with his life. All because she was too selfish to kick her feather faced boyfriend to the curb. She failed him. She failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston