GUILTY MI - Carnel Chamberlain, 4, Mount Pleasant, 21 June 2012 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just wanted to add that in the interview of KC (youtube video already posted above) he also says that he can't even begin to understand her (JC) actions.

I'm very surprised that JC couldn't be bothered to attend a memorial service for her son.

IMO

Just wanted to add that in the interview of KC (youtube video already posted above) he also says that he can't even begin to understand her (JC) actions.

I'm very surprised that JC couldn't be bothered to attend a memorial service for her son.IMO

I'm not surprised that she didn't attend ... probably fear of her very own personal safety kept her away :slapfight: OR ... she might have wanted to go hang out at a favorite bar instead. :toast: ... AND remember she isn't exactly the "caring motherly" type. :shakehead: :shakehead:

RIP little Carnel. You are flying with the Angels. :heartbeat:

Bennett, his hair slicked back with gel and clad in orange from his neck to his feet, appeared before U.S. District Magistrate Charles E. Binder this afternoon for arraignment on a charge of assaulting a person younger than 16 causing substantial bodily injury. The charge is a felony punishable by up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Binder on June 29 arraigned the 20-year-old Bennett on a criminal complaint of the same charge. Due to a federal grand jury having indicted Bennett with the count on Wednesday, he had to once again be arraigned on the same count.

Bennett, standing beside attorney Anthony Chambers, only spoke to answer the magistrate’s yes-or-no questions. At Chambers’ request, Binder entered a not guilty plea on Bennett’s behalf.

http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/index.ssf/2012/07/anthony_bennett_arraigned_in_b.html

Why the hell hasn't this piece of manhood been charged with murder? What is there to guess about?:banghead:

JC did not keep it secret.

“The mother has been fully cooperative in this developing investigation,” said Tribal spokesman Frank Cloutier in a statement released Saturday morning.

http://www.themorningsun.com/articl...arance-now-called-suspicious--fbi-joins-probe

The charges brought forth against AB are a result of information the cooperating mother came forward with to the authorities.

It is truly amazing how forthcoming a mother can be once the chit hits the fan. :banghead: I say, too little too late.

Do we know for sure she was not there at the memorial service, or is taken from someones FB page, how do we know she has been out dancing going to bars. I am no way onesided with this case, but there sure has been a bunch of rumors on here and no one to back it up. I know a few people attended the service and can you please post if you seen her or not, so we can know.

Welcome, Chella, good to see you here. :) I've included my post on 'Historical Trauma' in this response, I hope that is what you meant. You are correct that we carry in our genes our Ancestors' pain. That feeling never leaves.

Also, there has been no definitive answer about BIA involvement at Carnel's house, yet.

There is a factor called Historical Trauma that is at the core. When you have ancestors who were forced marched on The Trail of Tears or The Long Walk, ancestors slaughtered at The Wounded Knee Massacre or Sand Creek Massacre, The Fall Creek Massacre or The Massacre at Ywahoo Falls there are few pictures of Ancestors in family poses. Instead there are photos like the one of Spotted Elk: WARNING GRAPHIC

and the mass graves that included infants:

indian-spotted-elk-dead-at-wounded-knee-8x6.jpg

We don't have the 'American Gothic' paintings, we have military slogans like:

'Kill the Indian to Save the Man' over the main door at The Carlisle School and, "Kill them big and small," Chivington reportedly said, "nits become lice" at The Sand Creek Massacre. He was speaking of Indian infants. Their skulls were bashed in with rifle butts.

This is what KC was referring to; I applaud him for his words, for keeping it real. The rez is not Disneyland, no matter how much percap there is. The sorrow in one's heart, because you know that your Ancestors were murdered or kept in inhumane conditions because of a genocide perpetrated upon them, never leaves you. No one is Indian on their skin, they are Indian in their heart and in their collective memory and the historical trauma.

That is something that either you know, or you have no comprehension of it. THAT is what I have been saying from my first post on this thread. I have never met nor probably will ever meet Jaimee but, in blood, we are sisters. I have compassion for her, I have empathy for her.

I don't see a horrible flawed woman, I see a woman who was in over her head and who will grieve for the rest of her days.

http://historicaltrauma.com/

Jacie, I totally respect your posts and you know that. I'm half American Indian. My people don't use the term, Native American; they say that anyone born in America is a native American and I agree with them, therefore, I'm American Indian. Anyway, I find myself at odds with part of your post. I fully agree with everything, passionately until you get to the description of your empathy and compassion for Jaimee. You totally have the right to feel the way you do but I can not feel the same. I have no compassion for the American Indian mother who would not protect her child. There is no excuse for her inaction on his part, none, whatsoever. She was his only protection against all evil and she failed him. One can not point to the past horrors committed against American Indians as an excuse for her allowing a monster to abuse and murder her child. Instead, one must expect better from a mother of a very oppressed nation. She should have stood up against this monster to protect and perserve her blood. The very fact that she not only did not protect and fight for her helpless child but instead abled and enabled this monster to continue to abuse him, is totally unacceptable. She would have been put to death in a most unpleasant way in the olden days, and would have deserved it. The monster would have suffered even more in his own death. I will not go into detail on what would have been happened, you most likely already know. IMO and according to my mother's teachings, she would suffer the identical punishment as the monster and rightly so. JMO.

An online petition calling for the arrest of Jaimee Chamberlain is not likely to have an effect on law enforcement or result in her incarceration.

Police and prosecutors deal strictly with facts and evidence, and arrests only come with sufficient evidence, according to Kathy Swedlow, a professor of law at Cooley Law School in Lansing.
Public pressure is not something taken into consideration by prosecutors, who are government figures who deal with facts and evidence, Swedlow said.

http://www.themorningsun.com/articl...-likely-sway-law-enforcement&pager=full_story

Well, facts are that she fully knew and admitted to knowing that Carnel was being continually abused by her boyfriend so how in hades can she not be charged? This is not just public opinon, it is her very own words admitting this.

I knew, and my mother knew, from the time I was seven that my father might kill all of us one night in a violent rage. It's ridiculous that some people think that would have made her culpable just because she never told anyone of her fear.

Well, that might depend on if your mother witnessed your father beating and abusing you prior to you being beaten to death and burnt and buried under her house's porch, don't you think?

I am really shocked after reading this article. JC was physically abused by AB, enough to put her in a hospital but nobody questioned Carnel's safety? From reading the article, it appears her family knew of the abuse in the home but no intervention? Why? Can someone explain this to me? Was this dude an important figure with the "rez" or what? Very disturbing.

I totally agree with your post. She was not married to this jerk, didn't have a baby with him so why the hell was she with him? She stated that she felt sorry for him so she let him live with her. REALLY? This is so pathetic it is sickening.

Jacie, I totally respect your posts and you know that. I'm half American Indian. My people don't use the term, Native American; they say that anyone born in America is a native American and I agree with them, therefore, I'm American Indian. Anyway, I find myself at odds with part of your post. I fully agree with everything, passionately until you get to the description of your empathy and compassion for Jaimee. You totally have the right to feel the way you do but I can not feel the same. I have no compassion for the American Indian mother who would not protect her child. There is no excuse for her inaction on his part, none, whatsoever. She was his only protection against all evil and she failed him. One can not point to the past horrors committed against American Indians as an excuse for her allowing a monster to abuse and murder her child. Instead, one must expect better from a mother of a very oppressed nation. She should have stood up against this monster to protect and perserve her blood. The very fact that she not only did not protect and fight for her helpless child but instead abled and enabled this monster to continue to abuse him, is totally unacceptable. She would have been put to death in a most unpleasant way in the olden days, and would have deserved it. The monster would have suffered even more in his own death. I will not go into detail on what would have been happened, you most likely already know. IMO and according to my mother's teachings, she would suffer the identical punishment as the monster and rightly so. JMO.

I respect your opinion, we just have different opinions. I learned much from my grandmothers, empathy and compassion are two of those things. It isn't for me to judge JC; Creator is the one to do so. I respect Kevin Chamberlain's opinion on JC. He is her family, he is being Leader in his actions. One way or another, Justice will be served. When we walk over, it isn't a free pass, there are questions to be answered. We aren't the ones to ask the questions, we only have to answer them.

I agree with you and with Russell Means on American Indian:

I abhor the term Native American. It is a generic government term used to describe all the indigenous prisoners of the United States. These are the American Samoans, the Micronesians, the Aleuts, the original Hawaiians, and the erroneously termed Eskimos, who are actually Upiks and Inupiats. And, of course, the American Indian.

I prefer the term American Indian because I know its origins . . . As an added distinction the American Indian is the only ethnic group in the United States with the American before our ethnicity . . . We were enslaved as American Indians, we were colonized as American Indians, and we will gain our freedom as American Indians, and then we will call ourselves any damn thing we choose.
~Russell Means

Read more: American Indian versus Native American — Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/spot/aihmterms.html#ixzz212J0kjLc

I respect your opinion, we just have different opinions. I learned much from my grandmothers, empathy and compassion are two of those things. It isn't for me to judge JC; Creator is the one to do so. I respect Kevin Chamberlain's opinion on JC. He is her family, he is being Leader in his actions. One way or another, Justice will be served. When we walk over, it isn't a free pass, there are questions to be answered. We aren't the ones to ask the questions, we only have to answer them.

I agree with you and with Russell Means on American Indian:

I abhor the term Native American. It is a generic government term used to describe all the indigenous prisoners of the United States. These are the American Samoans, the Micronesians, the Aleuts, the original Hawaiians, and the erroneously termed Eskimos, who are actually Upiks and Inupiats. And, of course, the American Indian.

I prefer the term American Indian because I know its origins . . . As an added distinction the American Indian is the only ethnic group in the United States with the American before our ethnicity . . . We were enslaved as American Indians, we were colonized as American Indians, and we will gain our freedom as American Indians, and then we will call ourselves any damn thing we choose.
~Russell Means

Read more: American Indian versus Native American — Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/spot/aihmterms.html#ixzz212J0kjLc

Think alot of you Jacie but I can not find compassion and empathy for mothers who do not protect their children above all else. I hold mothers to a higher standard I guess and I just can not compromise that standing. Both you and I have followed so many cases where children are hurt or murdered because of inaction on the part of their mothers. I ran out of compassion a long time ago. I learned alot from my mother and grandmother as well, mostly about the roles of a mother. Im very proud of my American Indian heritage.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Why the hell hasn't this piece of manhood been charged with murder?
What is there to guess about?:banghead:

I laugh only because it is so frustrating to sit here and feel so helpless that we may have to wait 3 or 4 months before the FBI can get all the evidence together for a murder charge against AB. We just don't know.

It is truly amazing how forthcoming a mother can be once the chit hits the fan :banghead: I say, too little too late

This mom's willing acceptance to go along with AB brutally abusing her son, with mom making no contact with officials to report or have charges brought against the abuser of her child, and with no arrangements made for a safe place for him to live, she became a willing partner to the the premidiated tortuous murder
of her son.

Well, that might depend on if your mother witnessed your father beating and abusing you prior to you being beaten to death and burnt and buried under her house's porch, don't you think?

^^^This!

This is exactly why JC needs to be sitting next to her sweetie in the pokey.

Not that ANYONE has been charged in this poor baby's murder. :(

I'm very surprised that JC couldn't be bothered to attend a memorial service for her son.

IMO

I'm not too surprised. She couldn't be bothered to stop that beast from beating her baby. Eventually to death.

She is a huge part of what is wrong with the world. :(

I've been following this case, and it's absolutely heartbreaking what happened to this precious little one.

I just looked at the pictures of the police looking under the house. What I don't understand, is how, in that very short period of time, did this man manage to do everything he did, AND get up under that porch to bury the body? Did he commit the crime, hide the body and later on move it under the porch?

The police had to take the porch off to get back under there. How did he do it? I honestly don't think he moved the body later because I would think somebody would have been watching the house, unless he could have slipped in a back way somehow and kept himself hidden.

That really is a short period of time to do everything he did. I'm not saying it couldn't be done, and I'm absolutely in no way saying he didn't do it. I just want to know HOW he did it in that time frame.

Do we know for sure she was not there at the memorial service, or is taken from someones FB page, how do we know she has been out dancing going to bars. I am no way onesided with this case, but there sure has been a bunch of rumors on here and no one to back it up. I know a few people attended the service and can you please post if you seen her or not, so we can know.

Yes I was at the memorial, I looked for her to give her a hug because although I completely disagree with everything she did/does, she was still my friend in the past and this was a day for Carnel not about bashing Jaimee.

BUT she was not there.
I have however been at the bar on 2 separate occasions and had seen her. Was too mad to give her a hug then....
That is saying a lot too because I very infrequently go to the bar.

PS doesn't the board seem peaceful today? I wonder why that is. Happy Thursday to you all!

None of us are in JC's shoes. MSM has reported her life was threatened. The FBI or LE has stated there are witnesses to this life threatening abuse.

Every person who chooses to engage in bashing the mother helps support the defendent Anthony Bennett's case. It does not help Carnel in any way shape or form. It helps Anthony and his attorney and it will continue to do so because they will play on that just like Jose Baez did with public opinion/discussion to acquit his client.

I'm sure Anthony Bennett and his defense attorney are grateful for the negative comments regarding mom as they will benefit no one but AB and put a few bucks in his atty's pocket.

While I remain angry at JC and will never, not after 3 years here reading daily or 30, understand why parents allow BFs and GFs to abuse their children, I am content to let the law (tribal or otherwise) decide what needs to happen with her. Her own community will end up judging her, her friends, her neighbors, and just like out here on the web, some will be more forgiving than others of her failures.

I remain more concerned about why AB has not yet been charged with murdering Carnel.

We can debate til the end of time the varying levels of moral and/or legal culpability of anyone who knew or suspected Carnel was in danger/being abused. Then we can argue ad infinitim over which parties should have know or suspected. None of it accomplishes chit. We all have our opinions and are pretty strong in them. That is not going to change.

Bottom line for me, AB coldbloodedly killed that beautiful boy.

When will he be charged?

None of us are in JC's shoes. MSM has reported her life was threatened. The FBI or LE has stated there are witnesses to this life threatening abuse.

Every person who chooses to engage in bashing the mother helps support the defendent Anthony Bennett's case. It does not help Carnel in any way shape or form. It helps Anthony and his attorney and it will continue to do so because they will play on that just like Jose Baez did with public opinion/discussion to acquit his client.

I'm sure Anthony Bennett and his defense attorney are grateful for the negative comments regarding mom as they will benefit no one but AB and put a few bucks in his atty's pocket.

Cubby this is the truth!!! Thank You for putting it out there, I really wish all the negitive comments would just stop. We are here for Carnell not to judge others.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back