GUILTY MI - Carnel Chamberlain, 4, Mount Pleasant, 21 June 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
respectfully,
the charges can be delayed related to the speed with which a state moves.. or isn't this federal?

either way... other cases in other states may not shed light on what is going on here in the state of Michigan.

(eta: yes, I am a Michigander :)

Going to have to disagree. Talking about JC isn't going to get Anthony Bennett any less time. He will still (god willing) be charged with murder because it will be clear without a reasonable doubt that he did in fact murder this baby boy. Casey Anthony was not deemed "innocent" because of public opinion she was "innocent" because there was not 100% concrete evidence that she did do it. I don't think the feds or anthonys lawyer give a crap about what people are saying about Jaimee on WS. I bet she will get charged with child endangerment/ neglect as she should and that will be that.

Stop defending Jaimee. This should be about defending Carnel. Jaimee didn't defend him. so why defend her?

Also though I may not be in Jaimees shoes I DO KNOW HER. I think I have a right to have whatever opinion I want about her because it is not biased it is real life.

Justice, I totally agree with what you have been saying. But, I have to say I have this sickening feeling that AB may get off on the abuse charges. Since JC chose not to do anything to protect her son, and did not go to the police, hospital, dr or even tell anyone, there may not be absolute proof. Her lack of care for her son not only caused his death, but, it may release the man who did it.

If Carnel is burned as bad as some claim, how can they determine his cause of death and get fingerprints or whatever to prove who did it? I didn't read anywhere where they took soil samples or take anything that could have been used as a shovel.

respectfully,
the charges can be delayed related to the speed with which a state moves.. or isn't this federal?

either way... other cases in other states may not shed light on what is going on here in the state of Michigan.

(eta: yes, I am a Michigander :)

It is a Federal case because it is on Tribal land. Assault charges have been placed on AB because it then falls under The Major Crimes Act. Child abuse doesn't come under Major Crimes.

The crimes which now fell under federal jurisdiction were:
Murder
Manslaughter
Rape
Assault with intent to commit murder
Arson
Burglary
Larceny

Major Crimes Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ETA: State court is irrelevant here. A knowledge of Tribal Law is needed.

Can someone please explain to me WHY Carnel was removed from his grandmother's home?

It is a Federal case because it is on Tribal land. Assault charges have been placed on AB because it then falls under The Major Crimes Act. Child abuse doesn't come under Major Crimes.

Murder
Manslaughter
Rape
Arson
Burglary
Larceny

Thanks. So it is a federal case.

So looking up comparable cases that were handled at the state level will also not be good to compare in this particular case.. (as to speed of a murder indictment)

Another federal case that has progressed very slowly is that of Samantha Koenig.

I am quoting myself here because of the significance of the additions I am making.

Sexual Abuse of a child will usually go Federal.

That said, I have seen murders and sexual child abuse cases that stay Tribal because of Tribal Prosecutorial discretion.

Murder
Manslaughter
Rape
Arson
Burglary
Larceny

Can someone please explain to me WHY Carnel was removed from his grandmother's home?

I have never seen any info via MSM that Carnel resided anywhere other than with his mother. Is there a link or video I missed? I have no working sound so I may have missed something in a video.

This is an excellent question, though and one I hope to see the family spokesperson, Kevin Chamberlain answer at some point. Perhaps he will find us here, or a journalist reading here will compile a list of questions KC might be willing to answer.

LE has been mum.

hth

Seems to me there is a great divide between JC's culpability vs non-culpability. Some call that an argument that should stop - this is the free part of the world so do not understand why the so-called argument should stop. There was violence in this case that was not addressed before Carnel died a violent death. One or more people have to be held accountable for that.

There is a new thread on WS with advice for single parents on what to watch out for when meeting a new potential partner - from many posters on WS - good, practical advice from those that have lived through violence and those that have not. A good cross perspective imo. Maybe that should be linked here.

This is not a rez thing, it's not a 'hood thing, it's not a suburban soccer mom thing, it's a safe child thing. No?

I am speaking specifically to 'a rez thing'.

The rez, any rez, is not Disneyland. There are conditions that don't exist elsewhere. From newborns to children, American Indians are dying at a higher rate.

Children everywhere can be put in danger. The mortality rates for American Indian children are higher than other groups.

During 1989-1998, injuries caused the deaths of 3,718 (adjusted for racial misclassification) Native Americans ages 0 through 19 years in the 12 specified IHS Areas. The main findings from the analysis of these injury deaths are:

Injuries and violence are the leading killers of Native American children and youth, accounting for 75% of all deaths among one to 19 year olds.

Forty percent of Native American homicides among zero to 19 year olds involved a firearm. Firearm use was the leading cause of homicide among 15 to 19 year-olds (52%), while child maltreatment was the leading cause among zero to four year olds (34%).

http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/pub-res/american_indian_injury_atlas/05summary.htm

So looking up comparable cases that were handled at the state level will also not be good to compare in this particular case.. (as to speed of a murder indictment)

Another federal case that has progressed very slowly is that of Samantha Koenig.

Is there much difference forensically with lab times in state and federal or tribal cases?

I was thinking along the lines of the timeline on forensics... dna for official id, etc.

I think Antinette's case, with the circumstances surrounding her manner of death may provide a comparison for a time line of how long a lab might take to officially id Carnel's remains.

Still trying to do some research in comparing the forensics between the two cases, even though are in two different states. One in MI, and the other in IL.

There are many MSM links here that Carnel resided with his grandmother until 3 - 4 weeks before he was killed. No video required.

C'mon, that has everything to do with the notion that JC put her child in harms way.

Is there much difference forensically with lab times in state and federal or tribal cases?

I was thinking along the lines of the timeline on forensics... dna for official id, etc.

I think Antinette's case, with the circumstances surrounding her manner of death may provide a comparison for a time line of how long a lab might take to officially id Carnel's remains.

Still trying to do some research in comparing the forensics between the two cases, even though are in two different states. One in MI, and the other in IL.

If you are comparing federal case times I would look more to that of Samantha Koenig. The process is STILL ongoing there. (it is a federal case as well)
:moo:

If you are comparing federal case times I would look more to that of Samantha Koenig. The process is STILL ongoing there. (it is a federal case as well)

I'm not familiar with Samantha's case. Were her remains also burnt? I hated even typing that. :(

JE - kindly quote me using my entire post and it's entire context, otherwise do not quote me. Suburbia isn't Disneyland either, and crap happens there as well.

That took the thread off Carnel again, imo.

Samantha's case is Federal because Alaska has no DP and kidnapping was involved. It is under The Federal Kidnapping Act.

Federal Kidnapping Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AB's charges are because he is Indian, lives in 'Indian Country', the crime was committed in 'Indian Country' and he is thus considered a member of a "Domestic Dependent Nation', aka tribe, and subject to Tribal/BIA/Federal regs. It goes back to The Major Crimes Act.

yes, but they are still both federal cases.. wheels spin different iykwim

I personally wouldn't look at comparing any sort of cases.... they will get what they get when they have it and charge it... and to me it looks like more than one party may get charged. They already have someone in custody.. they can sit on it a bit and develop a tight case.

Either way what happened to this child is outrageous!

Horrible!

Please see Post #654

There is a distinct difference between Federal and Tribal Federal.

Please see Post #654

There is a distinct difference between Federal and Tribal Federal.

I understand what you are saying.. but it is what it is.. and it is taking time...

I see no need to compare cases then unless you have another federal case that is also tribal in nature to compare it to.

I understand what you are saying.. but it is what it is.. and it is taking time...

I see no need to compare cases then unless you have anther federal case that is also tribal in nature to compare it to.

Nor do I, I have seen the vagaries of that system and won't try to pre guess an outcome by comparing to another.

First off I want to say thank you for your previous post :)

Second, I am going to answer this question but sorry everyone I dont have a link or video... Because I heard from a direct source, can't link that!(lol)

But anyway I know for a fact the reason Carnel was taken back into Jaimees care back in May was because JC was in a fight with her mother. The fight was because Anthony Bennet had borrowed the familys ATV and had lost it somewhere, or probably had totaled it. Anyhow this resulted in them all getting angry with AB and that in turn caused JC to be mad at them, and taking Carnel into her care. Also, this is not a fact but it is also thought another motive for Jaimee taking him was because the tribe issues the parents the childrens' checks in June. This happens 3 times a year but the child has to be living in the household for this check to be received. Again that is just stipulation, but I wanted to answer your question to the best of my ability.

I'm not surprised that she didn't attend ... probably fear of her very own personal safety kept her away :slapfight: OR ... she might have wanted to go hang out at a favorite bar instead. :toast: ... AND remember she isn't exactly the "caring motherly" type. :shakehead: :shakehead:

RIP little Carnel. You are flying with the Angels. :heartbeat:

That may be the story about fearing for her safety,but no one would be likely to be able to hurt her at a memorial service for her son.I can't believe we are expected to buy into that one.
I'm still surprised she didn't attend as I thought at least she would attend to help sway the public opinion about her.
Her not attending just confirmed what I already thought about her and her feelings for Carnel.
That was a big scr** you to Carnel. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54
Back