GUILTY MI - Carnel Chamberlain, 4, Mount Pleasant, 21 June 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you JFC for trying to clarify how she met AB.

I did not ask about the ATV? My questions were how JC & AB met and whether Joann was receiving money from Jaimee. Whoops, and also a clarification on whether or not a child has to be living in the home to qualify for the payments. See post #671 (page 27) for my original questions.

Oh no! I meant Cubby! I went in and edited it before to add your name and put it twice! sorry about that I know you didn't ask that :)

Thank you, Amanda. Any that you recall that may be federal/tribal cases? You archive so many more cases than I follow....

I'm a little confused. The post of mine you quoted was in regards to AmandaReckonWith's case archive in her signature link. I did not see nor comment on the link/pdf you mention above with regards to something Knox posted.

Let me clear up the confusion.

The pdf that Knox linked was a federal/tribal case. It cited case law authority regarding jurisdiction. Per your post to Amanda that I quoted above, that was exactly what you were seeking. That is why I mentioned the PDF link that Knox wisely removed until we had a chance to review.

However, we can't use that particular link because it cites some very personal info of others closely related to this case. After speaking with the owners, we all agree that we will err on the side of protecting the privacy of these innocent people.

That said, we have a verified paralegal who has a lot of experience in Native American tribal law, sovereign immunity, etc... I am going to get in touch with her and see if she will frequent this thread, familiarize herself with Carnel's case and help us to understand.

Still need to email AZlawyer. On to that now.

Just thinking outloud.... If Carnel's maternal grandmother raised him, did she have legal custody or guardianship?

When it became known Jaimee became involved with a felon who is currently an addict (per msm info that he failed numerous court ordered urine drops in 2012) why wasn't this information taken to court for the family raising Carnel to gain legal custody? Or terminate his mothers parental rights? Or to limit her access along with AB's access to Carnel?

So many questions.....

BBM

But the mother wasn't the person raising this child according to some information. Someone who had the care and custody of Carnel until a month prior to his murder made the decision to turn Carnel back over to his drug addicted mother and her felon addict live in lover rather than trying to get legal custody.

It doesn't appear that it would have been a difficult fight in family court. Why didn't it happen? Instead this child was taken from an apparently safe environment and turned over to the care and custody of his mother a month before his death, when it was no secret that the mother and her felon lover had some very serious addiction problems, in addition to AB's criminal problems.

That was no secret to anyone.

BBM

Really? Because I have not seen a single MSM link to an article where information exists within the body of an MSM article regarding Carnel living with his grandmother.

I've seen msm comments, but msm comments, according to my understanding are considered rumor here at WS.

So, if you have a link to an article where it states Carnel resided with his grandmother within the body of the article, please do kindly share!

tia

Cubby, not sure where you got the info you cited in your own posts above. (#1 & #2) :waitasec:

We have a verified insider confirming that Carnel lived with his grandmother (JC's mother) until he was removed from that safe environment until a short few weeks before his death. That is good enough for me. Apparently, per your own posts you were under the same impression. If you need an MSM link to further clarify that Carnel was residing with this grandmother prior to JC removing him from the safe place, then I suggest you provide it yourself. I don't see anyone else doubting it or asking for clarification.

Let me clear up the confusion.

The pdf that Knox linked was a federal/tribal case. It cited case law authority regarding jurisdiction. Per your post to Amanda that I quoted above, that was exactly what you were seeking. That is why I mentioned the PDF link that Knox wisely removed until we had a chance to review.

However, we can't use that particular link because it cites some very personal info of others closely related to this case. After speaking with the owners, we all agree that we will err on the side of protecting the privacy of these innocent people.

That said, we have a verified paralegal who has a lot of experience in Native American tribal law, sovereign immunity, etc... I am going to get in touch with her and see if she will frequent this thread, familiarize herself with Carnel's case and help us to understand.

Still need to email AZlawyer. On to that now.

Thank you Beach!!!
icon7.gif

BBM. I too hope they get him for murder. It's like a kick in the gut everytime I read, no one has yet been charged with this death. Praying those murder charges come soon.

I know. Please don't let this be another Celina Cass, Lisa Irwin, Susan Powell case where it goes on and on and no one gets charged. I pray also that this time will be different and those murder charges will come.

<modsnip>

I choose to believe Kevin Chamberlain, who is the official family spokesperson..... Outside of that info not directly from LE or backed up with a link, it is taken into consideration, but that is all.

Praying the truth and justice comes for Carnel soon.

@ JusticeforCarnel

I have a few questions and if you don't feel comfortable answering due to prior friendship with Jaimee that's fine.

Did you ever meet AB while you were friends with Jaimee? Did Jaimee ever speak of her relationship with family (mainly Carnel and Grandma) or AB, in a positive or negative way.Not word for word,just negative or positive?

Thanks,and I hope the family is holding up as well as possible under these circumstances.

IMO

AB's mother has once again put up a FB page to show support for AB. I've seen her support page up a couple of other times, then taken down. www.facebook.com/AnthonyMichaelBennettSupport

She now states that no one will stop her from supporting her son and she will not unpublish or delete this page. There was a photo on the first page she had up that I kept going back to because it was chilling ... to me. I haven't seen it since. Carnel was being held by AB and was wearing adult sunglasses, still had his beautiful long hair, and had no hint of a smile on his face. JC was on the other side of AB and had what appeared to be a forced smile on her face. It was AB's smile that was chilling ... imo.

His mother initially appeared to be in denial and she used the above-mentioned photo when asking, wth happened. She says she didn't know who AB was living with and she wasn't living in Michigan. But she did have that photo. She appears to be shocked by the vitriol directed at her and AB.

AB certainly has mental/emotional issues, as well as being at a first/second grade level in his early teens. I see dysfunction from his mother also. fwiw ...

IMO and rumor only.

I choose to believe Kevin Chamberlain, who is the official family spokesperson..... Outside of that info not directly from LE or backed up with a link, it is taken into consideration, but that is all.

I see a lot of projection here wrt JC. As well as on other pages. JC has been silent since the NG interview ... understandable. I don't know what is in her heart or what she's thinking. She hasn't said.

I do think a lot about addiction wrt JC. It was an issue when Carnel was born and if JC is going to bars now, then it most likely is still an issue.

Re KC, I also give his words the most weight, based on what I've seen thus far in his role as spokesperson. He doesn't minimize or sweep things under the rug. What I do see - and this is huge - is his determination to be part of the solution, to make Carnel's death mean something. I've said it before and I'm saying it again ... I have the utmost respect and admiration for what KC is doing to educate people and change things, using what happened to Carnel as the catalyst.

<modsnip>

Are you saying that you do not believe that Carnel had been mostly raised by his grandmother until recently?

I know that has not been said in msm, but it has been said by family members of JC's, so I believe it, fwiw.

I think if she had been raising Carnel herslef for the past 4 yrs, then her family would have said so in msm themselves. They would have said what a great job she had done with raising the boy, and everything was fine until AB came along. But I have not read anything like that at all.

On FB the comments were all about grandma and how devastated she was because she had raised him. Most of the pictures of Carnel seemed to be with Grandma, and very few were on JC's FB on the first day or so of this case.

AB's mother has once again put up a FB page to show support for AB. I've seen her support page up a couple of other times, then taken down. www.facebook.com/AnthonyMichaelBennettSupport

She now states that no one will stop her from supporting her son and she will not unpublish or delete this page. There was a photo on the first page she had up that I kept going back to because it was chilling ... to me. I haven't seen it since. Carnel was being held by AB and was wearing adult sunglasses, still had his beautiful long hair, and had no hint of a smile on his face. JC was on the other side of AB and had what appeared to be a forced smile on her face. It was AB's smile that was chilling ... imo.

His mother initially appeared to be in denial and she used the above-mentioned photo when asking, wth happened. She says she didn't know who AB was living with and she wasn't living in Michigan. But she did have that photo. She appears to be shocked by the vitriol directed at her and AB.

AB certainly has mental/emotional issues, as well as being at a first/second grade level in his early teens. I see dysfunction from his mother also. fwiw ...

IMO and rumor only.

Oh my, she's been active again the last day or two. I really don't understand why she created the page. The comments are not something she would want to read. Maybe she doesn't know that she can disable comments and posts. Dysfunction is a kind word Chella.

Before she made her personal facebook private, I was able to read it. There were several posts in which she said her kids wanted nothing to do with her (Anthony and his sister). She was evidently struggling and her mother was sick, but the kids weren't helping her. She made a reference to the per cap payments they were receiving, while she had nothing.

I see a lot of projection here wrt JC. As well as on other pages. JC has been silent since the NG interview ... understandable. I don't know what is in her heart or what she's thinking. She hasn't said.

I do think a lot about addiction wrt JC. It was an issue when Carnel was born and if JC is going to bars now, then it most likely is still an issue.

Re KC, I also give his words the most weight, based on what I've seen thus far in his role as spokesperson. He doesn't minimize or sweep things under the rug. What I do see - and this is huge - is his determination to be part of the solution, to make Carnel's death mean something. I've said it before and I'm saying it again ... I have the utmost respect and admiration for what KC is doing to educate people and change things, using what happened to Carnel as the catalyst.

I've wondered about the addiction thing. Carnel didn't show signs of FAS in any of the pictures or videos.

I agree with you about Kevin Chamberlain. I like that there is no negativity, just a desire to effect change. Change for his tribe, his people and his family. His FB page has some excellent information. As an Indian, he understands what is happening in his community and every other Indian community in this country.

IMO and rumor only.

Maybe because she is his mother and she is struggling to understand the hatred. It is a shame that her son's actions cause people to be mean to her, especially if there is diminished capacity. Sins of the son, visited upon the mother?? sad

I did not see the picture you are referencing.

I went through the old thread forever this morning looking for some answers to questions we had. I can't link the post I figured out, but I did find that LE took an ATV from JC and AB's house right before Carnell was found. I also read in a few posts one stated that AB and JC met through her brother, other through jail, however nothing had an LE link to where this came from. I would still like to know about if Carnell had to be with JC when she picked up her check, I just have this funny feeling that he was brought home for other reasons that had nothing to do with money. I think she would have gotten the money with him at his grandma's house, JC still had legal custody. Kids go away to camp, visit other family all the time, I think this would not have played a role in not getting her check.

I went through the old thread forever this morning looking for some answers to questions we had. I can't link the post I figured out, but I did find that LE took an ATV from JC and AB's house right before Carnell was found. I also read in a few posts one stated that AB and JC met through her brother, other through jail, however nothing had an LE link to where this came from. I would still like to know about if Carnell had to be with JC when she picked up her check, I just have this funny feeling that he was brought home for other reasons that had nothing to do with money. I think she would have gotten the money with him at his grandma's house, JC still had legal custody. Kids go away to camp, visit other family all the time, I think this would not have played a role in not getting her check.

I forgot about that tunker, good recall!! If Jaimee and AB had an ATV, why would they borrow one from her family? Or is this the ATV which was never returned? But that ATV was supposedly trashed or damaged, in that case why would LE remove it? :waitasec:

What reason do you think he was taken from his Grandma?

:wave:

The support page was either made private or shut down again.

Yes, it appears AB's mom's FB is down again ... I was reading from it earlier today ... gross.

AB's facebook link -

https://www.facebook.com/anthony.m.bennett.5

Well, I went back in AB's facebook and the comment that I saw about 30 min. ago saying he and Jaimee became friends in January 2012 is removed. He still has her as a friend using Carnel's photo ... creepy.

http://www.fox17online.com/news/fox1...138,full.story

Interview with AB's mother. I saw a comment that the mother mentions a strange car in the area the day Carnel supposedly disappeared. (There's no closed captioning on the video, so I missed a lot of it ... hearing loss.) Part of the defense? Reasonable doubt ... as bizarre as that seems based on where Carnel's body was found?

Btw, it was mentioned on AB's mother's support page that the profile photo on AB's page is AB as a child.

Jacie Estes, thanks for your mention wrt to AB's mother of diminished capacity and compassion.

Maybe because she is his mother and she is struggling to understand the hatred. It is a shame that her son's actions cause people to be mean to her, especially if there is diminished capacity. Sins of the son, visited upon the mother?? sad

I did not see the picture you are referencing.

She's an "unusual" mother, and according to news reports has been so throughout their lives. *sits on hands*

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarishaikh
Back