GUILTY MI - Charlie Bothuell, 12, Detroit, 16 June 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the OP above (www.clickondetroit.com):

Police said Charlie Bothuell was last seen Monday night at his home in the 1300 block of Nicolet Place. His father told police his son was working out, stopped to go to the bathroom and never came back.

Boy's dad says that Charlie "stopped to go to the bathroom and never came back." Never came back from where? Wasn't the bathroom in the house? :waitasec: Doesn't. Make. Sense.

Reading between the lines, I'm thinking that Dad and Charlie were working out together, possibly at a communal gym or running laps, and Charlie went back to the apartment (Edit- actually, it looks like townhouses. Point still remains) to use the toilet. Stepmother saw him, but he never made it back to his dad/wherever they were working out.

He's a handsome boy. I hope he's just run away and will be home soon, but so much time has already passed. :(

Reading between the lines, I'm thinking that Dad and Charlie were working out together, possibly at a communal gym or running laps, and Charlie went back to the apartment (Edit- actually, it looks like townhouses. Point still remains) to use the toilet. Stepmother saw him, but he never made it back to his dad/wherever they were working out.

He's a handsome boy. I hope he's just run away and will be home soon, but so much time has already passed. :(

BBM. That makes sense because a 12-year-old would probably have to be accompanied by an adult to use exercise equipment/facilities. Apartment complexes, condos, and/or townhouses usually have clubhouses with exercise facilities.

I still want to know what type of shoes Charlie was wearing. I doubt that he was working out in bare feet.

Having a boy this age (who does work out, btw).... I have no words right now. :-( These small measures of freedom mean the world to preteens, and dammit, they should be able to have them without being snatched!

I don't think he was with the father - from wxyz.com:

Once she realized the boy was missing, she notified his father, who was not at home at the time. Charlie's dad called 911.

http://tinyurl.com/kowexrt

There is an RSO on the next block..even more interesting 1318 Nicolet place is up for sale and looks vacant. I hope they check those out. Jmo

I checked a map, and it appears that he lived downtown near the baseball stadium. Is that accurate? That would be a high-traffic area.

Father goes door to door searching for missing son

Detroit (WXYZ) - The FBI and Detroit Police have searched Charlie Bothuell's family's computers, homes, and neighborhoods for clues. It has been 8 days since the 12-year-old boy went missing from his Detroit home. There has been no sign of him.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detroit/father-goes-door-to-door-searching-for-missing-son

Why does his father have to be the one doing this? Why are police not doing this?

I just really don't understand the dynamics of what is going on here.

Here's an idea...
The men and women of the Detroit Police Department believe the city is too dangerous to enter, and they want citizens to know it.
Detroit Police Officer Association (DPOA) Attorney Donato Iorio said officers are holding the “Enter At Your Own Risk” rally at 3:30 p.m. Saturday in front of Comerica Park to remind the public that the officers are overworked, understaffed, and at times, fearful for their lives.
http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/10...says-war-like-detroit-is-unsafe-for-visitors/

Detroit police feel the pain of city’s money woes
http://www.ohio.com/news/detroit-police-feel-the-pain-of-city-s-money-woes-1.468625
Why does his father have to be the one doing this? Why are police not doing this?

I'm in no way excusing their inattention, please don't misunderstand. I'm FURIOUS here, and I rarely get emotional on WS, except for grief when we "lose" one, or elation over a "found safe". I'm angry now though, at what Detroit has become and those who suffer because of its demise. There is no excuse, even if logical reasons exist. There *must* be something in the way of aid for this understaffed department from other agencies, right? Where the heck is it?! It's DPD's job, imo, to cry for help from other cities, states, the feds, private agencies, whatever! "Hey, we're in over our heads and people are dying/kidnapped/raped/trafficked because of it! Could ya lend a hand?!"

Excuse my soapboxing. FIND CHARLIE!

Money? Danger?

This is a 12-year-old boy we're talking about here.

I get that Detroit LE are most definitely over-worked and under paid. And yeah, certain areas of the city may make them fearful. How do they think a little boy feels if he's being held somewhere?

Here's another Detroit case they're working pretty hard on: MI MI - Kaylah Hunter, 6, & Kristian Justice, 7 mos, Detroit, 24 May 2014 - mom fnd dcsd - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Money? Danger?

This is a 12-year-old boy we're talking about here.

I get that Detroit LE are most definitely over-worked and under paid. And yeah, certain areas of the city may make them fearful. How do they think a little boy feels if he's being held somewhere?

Here's another Detroit case they're working pretty hard on: MI MI - Kaylah Hunter, 6, & Kristian Justice, 7 mos, Detroit, 24 May 2014 - mom fnd dcsd - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Agreed totally. I mean cops have guns and back-up and stuff. They should be able to handle this part of the city better than a civilian, but....I don't know.

FBI has the tech to read deleted or discarded information on a hard drive. They can also trace posts on social media..they're like Anti-hacker hackers. :)

I'm in no way excusing their inattention, please don't misunderstand. I'm FURIOUS here, and I rarely get emotional on WS, except for grief when we "lose" one, or elation over a "found safe". I'm angry now though, at what Detroit has become and those who suffer because of its demise. There is no excuse, even if logical reasons exist. There *must* be something in the way of aid for this understaffed department from other agencies, right? Where the heck is it?! It's DPD's job, imo, to cry for help from other cities, states, the feds, private agencies, whatever! "Hey, we're in over our heads and people are dying/kidnapped/raped/trafficked because of it! Could ya lend a hand?!"

Excuse my soapboxing. FIND CHARLIE!

Understand. :) It is pretty sad at what's going on. Wish there was more that could be done.

FBI has the tech to read deleted or discarded information on a hard drive. They can also trace posts on social media..they're like Anti-hacker hackers. :)

Oh I agree. :) They definitely should be going through the hard drives and whatnot. But they should ALSO be doing some door-to-door stuff. (I don't know that they haven't. They did search with cadaver dogs. But seeing that dad was going door-to-door just seemed odd.)

Why have other LE agencies in MI not rallied in to help Detroit police? Too dangerous and understaffed? This is a CHILD we are talking about here. This isn't no mans land. IMO

Why have other LE agencies in MI not rallied in to help Detroit police? Too dangerous and understaffed? This is a CHILD we are talking about here. This isn't no mans land. IMO

Michigan State Police, Federal agents, and possibly neighboring PDs were on hand yesterday/last night to assist with crowd control, safety, traffic flow in/out of Detroit, etc. for the annual riverfront fireworks display. Suburban LE are strapped like the city and have their own issues with crime, missing persons, etc. I'm not apologizing or making excuses, but it is what it is. :moo:

June 23, 2014 at 1:00 am

'Oohs' and 'aahs' from below as fireworks light up Detroit skyline

George Hunter, Candice Williams and Mark Hicks/The Detroit News

...The concerns were heightened as videos surfaced of groups of youths getting into fights Saturday at the River Days festival downtown, which ended Sunday. Five arrests for gun violations were made.

Not only were police enforcing curfew, they were monitoring dress code, making people pull up their pants when they hung too low. One man whose drawers were showing didn’t seem happy, but he complied.

To make sure neighborhoods are covered with the large police presence downtown, no officer got the day off, according to Craig.

On Belle Isle, MSP troopers teamed up with EMS units and conservation officers from the Department of Natural Resources.

“This is the first time the state police have coordinated this event,” said Lt. Mike Shaw, public information officer for the Second District of the MSP...

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...from-below-fireworks-light-up-Detroit-skyline

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbrown@spartanburgcounty.
Back