GUILTY MI - Charlie Bothuell, 12, Detroit, 16 June 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FBI joins search for missing Detroit 12-year-old

Detroit —
Federal authorities have joined the search for a missing 12-year-old boy who disappeared a week ago after leaving his house. The FBI joined Detroit police in the search for Charlie Bothuelle V, who was last seen at 9 p.m. June 14, leaving his home in the 1300 block of Nicolet Place, near Gratiot Avenue, after working out.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140624/METRO01/306240117#ixzz35bfE1UYm

I believe his mom is in his life. One of the articles I linked says that his mom lives nearby and was called when Charlie was discovered to be missing.
^ The conflicting stories about where Charlie was, when he left, when he returned, left again, etc. don't add up. Charlie might have been reprimanded. Might have taken a computer from the house. Dad takes poly. Cadaver dogs brought in to search. Something isn't right here. Hopefully, LE knows more than is being reported. I don't get the feeling that Charlie is "alright". :moo:

ETA: Has anyone read/heard anything about whether or not Charlie's biological mother is part of his life?

That's interesting that social media accounts belonging to the boy are still being used. That was in the link in post above.

It looks like Charlie set up his Twitter account in April, which would fit with his dad saying he found out he "recently" set up an account. Though some of his tweets make him seem a lot older... Talks about going on a cross-country trip with a girlfriend? Talks about wanting to go to Comic Con San Diego (which is at the end of July).

The name and "bio" make sense. The tweets do not. https://twitter.com/CJDETROITBOY

Search continues for missing boy, 12

DETROIT (WJBK) -
Charlie Bothuell, 12, was last seen when he left his home that day in the 1300 block of Nicolet. Fox 2's Randy Wimbley, who spoke with the boy's father, reports Charlie ran away after his stepmother chastised him for not doing his chores.

Charlie has apparently run away from home before but was found a few hours later by police.

He is said to be in good mental and physical condition.

Sightings of the boy have been reported. A woman claims to have seen Charlie the day he went missing and he was said to be spotted playing basketball a week later.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/25859610/detroit-police-seek-missing-boy-12

I am just now catching up on Charlie's story. I don't know what to say about the interview with Charlie's father that appears in the video at the link below. He does not appear frightened or panicky. We always say not to read too much into the reactions of the parents of missing children. Not implying any wrongdoing on the father's part. Just observing that he seems amused. He must really be convinced that Charlie is o.k. But, even if a child runs away, he could still be in terrible danger after ten days!!

Police Continue Search for Missing 12 Year Old

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/police-continue-search-for-missing-12yearold/26645954

Bless this little boy. I hope they find him soon. :(

It looks like Charlie set up his Twitter account in April, which would fit with his dad saying he found out he "recently" set up an account. Though some of his tweets make him seem a lot older... Talks about going on a cross-country trip with a girlfriend? Talks about wanting to go to Comic Con San Diego (which is at the end of July).

The name and "bio" make sense. The tweets do not. https://twitter.com/CJDETROITBOY

A 12 year old tweeting about his future career? A Pediatric Neurosurgeon! He is one witty kid! One tweet says he is in 9th grade. And what anguish over his romantic life! Wow! Well, kids are certainly growing up quickly now-a-days.

I also don't understand why only dad took a poly? Why not step mom too?

I also don't understand why only dad took a poly? Why not step mom too?

Lie Detector Twist...
http://www.wxyz.com/news/lie-detector-twist-in-case-of-missing-12-year-old-charlie-bothuell

"Polygraph tests for Charlie Bothuell's father have come back inconclusive. The child's stepmother declined to take the polygraph test.

She tells 7 Action News her attorney told her to decline the lie detector test because she did not think she would be treated fairly.

The father and stepmother both say they feel like they have been treated like suspects."

Search for missing Detroit boy gets national attention
Police launched a new search for the missing boy Tuesday -

It's been 10 days since anyone has seen Charlie Bouthell, who walked out of his home and never returned. Police launched a new search for the missing boy Tuesday night. Several K-9s sniffed around the Martin Luther King apartments on Lafayette searching for the 12-year-old. At the same time, the boy's father has been hitting the streets every day searching for his boy. Tuesday night he appeared on "Nancy Grace" begging for help to find him....

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/police-continue-search-for-missing-12yearold/26645954

I tell you...we see lots of crazy stories here at Websleuths but when I watch this dad and stepmom, I don't sense deception. Charlie's dad seems open and concerned. He and the stepmom are actively searching, out handing posters, etc.
Obviously they could be guilty of something but this is one case where I feel the family is being truthful. We see where Charlie has gone missing before for a few days and then came home...so maybe this is just a case where he is mad and going to show them.

The big troubling factor to me is the cadaver dog search. The results of that do not look good and seem to imply something went on in that house.

Heartbreaking case, once again.

While I was getting dressed, I heard an interview on WWJ (Detroit CBS radio) with Charlie's dad. DPD apparently wanted to do the polygraph, and Mr. Bothuell refused because of the way that Detroit police have treated his family (like suspects). He's seen what happens to other families in this situation and doesn't want his family to go through it. WTF!!! Your 12-year-old son is missing! This isn't about you and how you feel you're being treated! You should cooperate in any way possible to assist in the investigation to find your son. Text from the interview is below. :moo:

Stepmom Of Missing 12-Year-Old Refuses Polygraph, Dad ‘Feels Like A Suspect’

June 25, 2014 6:57 AM

DETROIT (WWJ) - The parents of a missing 12-year-old Detroit boy are upset with the way police are handling the investigation into their son’s disappearance.

It’s been nearly two weeks since anyone has seen Charlie Bothuell V, who walked away from his home in the 1300 block of Nicolet Place, near Gratiot and I-375, around 9 p.m. Saturday, June 14.

As police continue to search for any sign of the child’s whereabouts, Charlie Bothuell IV and his wife Monique, the boy’s parents, say they’re being treated like suspects...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/06...d-refuses-polygraph-dad-feels-like-a-suspect/

Search for missing Detroit boy gets national attention

Police launched a new search for the missing boy Tuesday

Author: Chauncy Glover, Local 4 Reporter, @CCGONTV

DETROIT -
It's been 10 days since anyone has seen Charlie Bouthell, who walked out of his home and never returned.

Police launched a new search for the missing boy Tuesday night. Several K-9s sniffed around the Martin Luther King apartments on Lafayette searching for the 12-year-old.

At the same time, the boy's father has been hitting the streets every day searching for his boy. Tuesday night he appeared on "Nancy Grace" begging for help to find him...

Published On: Jun 24 2014 11:01:19 PM EDT Updated On: Jun 25 2014 03:02:29 AM EDT http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/police-continue-search-for-missing-12yearold/26645954

Transcript from Nancy Grace last night. Text from the segment about missing Charlie Bothuell is near the end.

GRACE: Tonight, a little boy is missing. Take a look at him. His father, running from door to door, knocking on doors for help, seemingly no one will help Charlie Bothuell, father of the missing child...

NANCY GRACE

Was Hot Car Tot Murdered by Dad?

Aired June 24, 2014 - 20:00 ET

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1406/24/ng.01.html

Mr. Bothuell willingly took the polygraph and it was inconclusive. The family's lawyer advised the step mom not to take one. She was in tears about it. The thing I noticed is that she looks away from the camera the entire time she's talking...but that could be as simple as inexperience in speaking while being recorded.

I have mixed reactions to polygraphs. My son worked for a moving company when he was just starting out and he was accused by a customer of stealing a handgun. My son denied he had taken anything and agreed to a polygraph. He was told he failed. He was pretty upset about the whole incident. He was in danger of losing his job too. About a week later, as the customer was unpacking, he found his gun in one of his boxes. So my son had been truthful...but was told by police he failed his lie detector. Can't say I trust those things 100%.

GRACE: Tonight, a little boy is missing. Take a look at him. His father, running from door to door, knocking on doors for help, seemingly no

one will help Charlie Bothuell, father of the missing child. Sir, thank you so much for being with us. Is it true that you have been going door to

door trying to get people to help you find your son?

CHARLIE BOTHUELL IV, FATHER: It is. I`ve been going door to door since he disappeared. The night he disappeared, I called his mother after

I called 911. And we didn`t sleep. We did flyers. We called family members. And we have been doing everything we can since to get the word

out to get our son back home.

GRACE: How did Charlie go missing?

BOTHUELL: He was at home with my wife. It was Saturday night. And he decided to walk out of the house. He had -- you know, not done some of

his chores and instead of arguing at him or fussing or anything, my wife just said okay. When she says all right, that means I`m going to tell your

dad. I was actually working late Saturday night to get everything done because I planned on spending Father`s Day with the kids. I got a call

back from my wife at 9:45 saying that Charlie was gone.

GRACE: Out to Justin Freiman joining us. Justin, what more do you know?

FREIMAN: We know that this child has not been seen since leaving the home. There were dogs brought out to sniff around. They did lead to a

park near the home, and there the trail got cold.

GRACE: Back to the father of little Charlie. Sir, why do you think no one seemingly is helping you find your son? The thought of you running

from door to door trying to get help, it`s breaking my heart. And as you speak, Liz, could you please put up the tip line. There is a reward in

this case. What do you think, sir?

BOTHUELL: Actually there was a witness, someone who says they saw my son the night that he disappeared. And I forwarded that information to the

local FBI and the Detroit police. And the local media as well. We found her while we were out canvassing a nearby housing community.

GRACE: Where did she see him?

BOTHUELL: She stated that she saw him heading east on Lafayette towards his mother`s house.

GRACE: Let me get the description -- go ahead, sir.

BOTHUELL: I was saying, my son had walked off like this without my permission once before about two years ago. You know, but it wasn`t for

ten days. And the Detroit police had found him within three hours, and he was literally found the very next block over from his mother`s house. So

the witness, the track that the dogs that the FBI brought in, tracked him to and this witness all pointed him walking back towards that neighborhood.

But the city is a lot different at night than it is during the day.

GRACE: Let`s give that tip line. 313-596-1140. Please, help this father find his son.

Is it just me or did the story change? I thought he was exercising outside and went to use the bathroom and never came back. But he was actually at home, not doing his chores when he walked out and never came back?

Is it just me or did the story change? I thought he was exercising outside and went to use the bathroom and never came back. But he was actually at home, not doing his chores when he walked out and never came back?

There have been inconsistencies with the "story" from day one. I think that Charlie's dad is very strict. Mentions that Charlie left previously without permission. I get the impression that Dad might be heavy-handed with the discipline of his son. :moo:

Has anyone here found Charlie's social media accounts? And know what he is posting? Is it really Charlie posting? LE should be able to locate the ISP locations easily.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140624/METRO01/306240117#ixzz35bfE1UYm

(snip)
On June 17, Detroit Police Chief James Craig said social media accounts belonging to Charlie were still being used.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140624/METRO01/306240117#ixzz35f3DV7X8

The Twitter thing doesn't make sense to me... and if someone else IS using this account in his name, was this premeditated?

The Twitter thing doesn't make sense to me... and if someone else IS using this account in his name, was this premeditated?

Doesn't sound like a young boy is posting on the Twitter account. Bizarre. Maybe this is the reason to mention that Charlie took a computer from the home. Someone is trying to make it look like Charlie is alright and posting on Twitter. I'm not buying it. :moo:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbrown@spartanburgcounty.
Back