GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The family's grief is just heartbreaking.
I am in tears after reading their posts on FB.
Wish I was close by so I could help in any way.

In some small ways, this reminds me of Lauren Spierer. She was last seen with blackened eyes and a male friend after partying, had lost her phone and ID, and was around other party-goers all evening without anyone really intervening to help.

In some small ways, this reminds me of Lauren Spierer. She was last seen with blackened eyes and a male friend after partying, had lost her phone and ID, and was around other party-goers all evening without anyone really intervening to help.

We are learning that many friends and witnesses have not really helped much in several cases, as far as a young woman going off alone during partying, somehow. Same with Kortner, Hannah, Morgan, as well as Lauren, Christina and others. Now apparently Chelsea. Jmo

I thought it was a dark purple wig. I suppose that the friend left with her purse and phone because when the friend got ready to leave she couldn't find Chelsea in a crowd of 800 people. I wonder why the friend had her purse and phone. I can see maybe leaving the purses in the car but I always keep my phone so I can calll my friends whether a party or the mall if we separate for awhile. If I don't have pockets or a purse I put it in my bra.

I just turned 24 and as irresponsible as it may sound or be while I'm out or at a party I hate to carry a purse. A lot of my friends always carry big purses and often I just put my cards (ID & license) and phone in their purse. Even if I am with my boyfriend I will put my cards in his wallet.

I don't think there is much foot traffic there, and probably not a lot of vehicles. Pretty isolated from my recollection (which may not be completely accurate). Perhaps someone else can answer better.

I used to travel this way to school every day. There is zero foot traffic. The party was at the top of a "T" intersection, in a rural area. The top of the "T" is Post Rd. From the location of the party, Post Rd will take you East to Dixie Hwy. Dixie Hwy is a pretty major road but that stretch of it is rural and there wouldn't be much traffic in the wee morning hours. Traveling West on Post road will just take you to more rural roads. From the location of the party, Williams Rd. will take you South by Jefferson High School and after that it also intersects with Dixie Hwy (Dixie Hwy wraps around). There are houses along the East side Williams Rd. I don't know how many anymore. There only used to be a few, but that area has become more developed since I was in high school. There are only corn fields along the West Side of Williams Rd., with the exception of a gun club about halfway between Post Rd. & Jefferson High School. It's set back quite a bit from the road. There is a large wooded area next to it. I've read that those woods have been searched extensively.

I have thought long and hard about what direction Chelsea might have traveled if she took off on foot. If I were her, I would have walked down Williams Rd. to get to the stretch of Dixie Hwy that it intersects with. There would be traffic there, regardless of the time. There are gas stations and convenience stores in that direction. There is some chatter on FB about her asking someone to take her to a convenience store in that direction.

That said, I don't know how well Chelsea knew the area she was in. She was from Maybee. I realize that Maybee isn't far from Newport in terms of distance, but it might as well be on another planet in my opinion. I grew up in Newport. I lived there for 20 years and I'm fairly certain that I never once went to Maybee. I knew of it's existence. I knew that it was in Monroe County. That's it. Maybee and Newport are small towns. They don't have their own high schools. (Jefferson High School is technically in Monroe.) There is no major reason to go to either of them unless you know someone that lives there.

She may have gone a different way because she didn't know the area. She may have been disoriented from being injured (broken nose) or she may have been drunk. She may have been turned around for any number of reasons. In that case, she could have walked anywhere. But if that was the case, I think she would have been found by now. The area within reasonable walking distance has been searched so thoroughly.

I think it's pretty clear that Chelsea left the party in a vehicle. She hasn't been found near the party. There have been so many tips about her asking for a ride and being seen heading towards the area that the cars were parked with someone. She could be anywhere.

Thank you, Ashleyd. That is pretty much what I remember from the few times we may have been near that area. your post reflects a lot of what I have been thinking. I don't in my heart believe she just walked off. Wish there was even one good clue........

This is horrifying.

I do understand not wanting to carry a purse at a party and I get it why she left it deliberately in the friend's car with whom she arrived. However, from the Detroit news link (IIRC) or station wxyz, she had been to this host's huge parties before and presumably knew they were likely to be large, so I don't understand why she didn't have her phone. Maybe she didn't have a pocket; but I thought that 20-somethings always have their phones always especially, it would seem, at a big event where getting separated from a ride would be a distinct possibility. Tuck it in a bra or waistband? IDK. Some phones are huge now. At least if they (CB and the friend who drove) both had their phones they could call/text each other and find each other. Also, I'd guess other people had phones if she really needed one. Something is seriously missing from this story.

If R (the friend who drove CB to the party, but left early) couldn't find CB in the crowd of hundreds to give CB her stuff, how was the other friend supposed to find CB? And didn't that saddle the third friend with the task of lugging around CB's purse and phone while searching for CB through a crowd of 100s? What? Hoping to bump into her by chance? I just don't get it. Someone help me understand. Having someone "Get a ride" (if that's what happened) seems really risky, but IDK if they knew many, many people there or what - which would make it less of a big deal. But IF she knew so many people, (hypothetically, IDK that she did) why take a ride from the stranger? (If she even asked for a ride, but how else did she leave if this wasn't a place for walking around, as posters mentioned.)

Maybe he wasn't a stranger, but no one's coming forward to say who he is. Also, sketch-man is not coming forward either, is he? Perhaps he doesn't recognize himself from the composite sketch, but surely he would put two and two together that CB is in the news as missing and he walked with a woman on that night matching her description. I'm just stumped. [/fishy]

Sorry I didn't say that well, but you get my gist.

Additionally, I agree with whoever poster here (SmartSassyBBW?) said that they wish there were a website for people to post pictures of the party. Maybe they don't want to post names for the public and world to see, but they could give the names to LE. I get it that they may or have turned the photos over to LE, but LE sifting through however many photos of strangers is different than people who know at least some in the photos who can I.D. folks quickly and easily because they know them. Cover all the bases. Just saying. And that may help LE with some time saving. If many party-goers had a phone that night, I'd think there were a lot of photos - if lots of them dressed up for Halloween. That's a photo opp kind of thing imo with people in costumes... out-of-the-ordinary photos. Also, inherent in the Halloween thing is that there were probably people in masks, wigs, and costumes which would better lend itself to friends and acquaintances being able to ID people more easily since they were there.

I cannot imagine the pain CB's family is feeling.

Knowing can be horrible, but not knowing anything is somehow much worse imo because the mind goes all over the place. I'm still hoping, but it's harder as time and days go by and temperatures drop. I agree with CB's mom though: I'm still hoping.

One more thought: is someone putting the word out for all attendees to post their photos from the party on a special site so Chelsea and the mystery man can be tracked like the Boston Bombers were?

GREAT Idea! :thumb:

Link to clip below for those who missed it.
Not that Nancy Grace is my favorite, but she does have some reliable sources.

A couple of interesting notes:
Reported 800 people at the party.
The man has hosted a similar party for 10 years so people were familiar with it.
And "at midnight, it 'got out of hand' " ... traffic etc

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/10/31/chelsea-bruck-missing-halloween-party

Also, not sure how the cameras were "security" cameras if all they were recording were the bands and stage.

It was mentioned by guests at the party (via fb) that at some point in the evening she was seen with a bloody face and it was said that her nose may have been broken from walking into a pole. All rumour of course.

She was only again seen when a witness saw her walking towards the parking lot with the guy in the sketch.

Oh no! That's the first I heard of that as well. I wonder if a perp had already encountered her, threatened her, assaulted her, etc. , by that point? :(

This gives me a thought. What about a jealous ex ? A stranger perp would be careful to not cause any type of scene at a big function and rather wait until he has her alone to try anything physical. However, a jilted lover might show up and try to force her to come with him,e tc. and in the right state of mind would not really care who was around. So what do we know about recent breakups or boyfriends ?

Oh no! That's the first I heard of that as well. I wonder if a perp had already encountered her, threatened her, assaulted her, etc. , by that point? :(

This gives me a thought. What about a jealous ex ? A stranger perp would be careful to not cause any type of scene at a big function and rather wait until he has her alone to try anything physical. However, a jilted lover might show up and try to force her to come with him,e tc. and in the right state of mind would not really care who was around. So what do we know about recent breakups or boyfriends ?

I am sure that LE are checking out any boyfriends or ex-boyfriends Chelsea may have had, but the explanation that she 'ran into a pole' did remind me of a domestic violence victim protecting their abuser. Then again, this was a party with alcohol so it wouldn't be unheard of for her to have walked into a doorway or pole. In an early post, someone quoted that her friends did not believe Chelsea to be drunk. Since it seems they were separated, maybe she became significantly more intoxicated after splitting up from them.

Then again, it is possible to just be clumsy. Or to get knocked/pushed into something when in a crowd of hundreds of drunk people.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I find it very disturbing that (presumably) no one thought this young woman might require medical attention for her alleged facial injury. Are young people so desensitized to the needs of their fellow human beings? At a gathering this large, was there a First Aid station in case of illness or injury? Your thoughts on this?

Maybe she had a sinus problem and bled easily and was known to have a bloody nose on occasion, so her friends didn't think much of it at the time. She could have stopped bleeding, wiped her face and carried on. I don't know how serious I would have taken a bloody nose or a cut, even at my age now. Can they really do anything for a slightly broken nose? They sure didn't take mine too seriously as a young mother (playing catcher for my kids-- dumb me). Or she found someone who offered to take her to the hospital to check it out, or .....

I am sure that LE are checking out any boyfriends or ex-boyfriends Chelsea may have had, but the explanation that she 'ran into a pole' did remind me of a domestic violence victim protecting their abuser. Then again, this was a party with alcohol so it wouldn't be unheard of for her to have walked into a doorway or pole. In an early post, someone quoted that her friends did not believe Chelsea to be drunk. Since it seems they were separated, maybe she became significantly more intoxicated after splitting up from them.

Then again, it is possible to just be clumsy. Or to get knocked/pushed into something when in a crowd of hundreds of drunk people.

I think in large crowds people can get bumped and shoved into things accidently. Or there's the clumsy option which would apply to me. I once bumped into a mirrored pole in a department store at the mall. I turned around and said, "excuse me" to what I then realized was my reflection.... without drinking anything. :/

Aren't there 3 recent missing woman cases in the area? Not counting J Heeringa from a year or so ago. Not sure where I'm going with that point.

Anyway, if the guy in the sketch is not involved, weird that he hasn't come forward. Maybe he doesn't watch the news. Not everyone does. (?)

Back to the party-goers' photos, I think that's a significant key. I doubt we'll have anything from the security cameras since they were aimed at the stage; so seeing CB on surveillance cameras, as with Hannah Graham, sadly may not be an option here - helpful as that would be. Also, she didn't have her phone.. another thing that would have been a helpful clue or a place to start. Other peoples' camera phones may be the way to go, but we don't have access to that info. (Do we? My bf has facebook, but I don't.)

Did anyone get any updated info about LE using the dogs? There has to be a trail or a clue or something. She didn't just vanish.

The only reference that I've seen to there having been up to 800 people at the party is from the Nancy Grace transcript (and I saw the segment live when it aired). NG is known to exaggerate, and I don't put much stock in most of what is reported on her show. Most reliable news sources indicate that there might have been 500-600 people at the event. Just sayin... :moo:

JMO & OT...but in recent cases, cell phones or lack thereof (as in Chelsea's case, though she had brought it with her) seem to be deepening mysteries rather than helping advance cases...not the saviors many hoped they would be in times of trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member