GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had similar thoughts about that house/occupants, and those arrested. Wonder why no names have been released yet. You better believe I will try to find out if they attended the Halloween party.

I had similar thoughts about that house/occupants, and those arrested. Wonder why no names have been released yet. You better believe I will try to find out if they attended the Halloween party.
I know! And you can only search for inmates by name or offender number, so we can't even make an educated guess.

I just tried searching the docket for tomorrow bc one of the articles said their arrangement was tomorrow. Couldn't find anything at first look. But it also says sealed or non public cases will not be in the docket listings. I also didn't realize where York township even was.... Crazy close. Andddd I feel this was not a "random " act. Sorry for off topic post. (Well somewhat. )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see the tie in with the two girls whatsoever. Maybe it's just me?
I just read a case on here where the person murdered is the second child of their parents to be murdered, I have seen stuff like that often enough.

The biggest reason I don't think they are related is because if they were then I feel Chelsea would have been specifically targeted that evening and I just don't see that as likely.
She didn't even know for sure she'd be at the party, it wasn't planned that she'd become separated or decide to stay later than friends, or that they'd leave with her phone. I guess I think if someone was targeted her specifically they could have found a more convenient place and time.

I think it was wrong place wrong time as we so often see. I agree with those who feel she thought she could trust the person. I think that is likely. Perhaps she knew him a little or she thought he
was non threatening when they met that night.

I respect all of the well thought out theories on here and hope there is a resolution soon!

I don't see the tie in with the two girls whatsoever. Maybe it's just me?
I just read a case on here where the person murdered is the second child of their parents to be murdered, I have seen stuff like that often enough.

The biggest reason I don't think they are related is because if they were then I feel Chelsea would have been specifically targeted that evening and I just don't see that as likely.
She didn't even know for sure she'd be at the party, it wasn't planned that she'd become separated or decide to stay later than friends, or that they'd leave with her phone. I guess I think if someone was targeted her specifically they could have found a more convenient place and time.

I think it was wrong place wrong time as we so often see. I agree with those who feel she thought she could trust the person. I think that is likely. Perhaps she knew him a little or she thought he
was non threatening when they met that night.

I respect all of the well thought out theories on here and hope there is a resolution soon!

But the person that killed Julia could have been at the party then just bumped into CB then decided to act, I don't think it had to be planned to be linked with them knowing each other and maybe them both knowing the perp. JMO

Anyone been following the York Township murders? They've arrested a 25 old from Dundee and a 33 year old from Monroe. Don't know if there would be a link to CB, but these guys are in a world of trouble and might know something that would help LE out.

The people who were murdered (two brothers) were from Indian River; a northern MI town. They were in town with their Mom (who is still in critical condition) to see a race at Michigan speedway. Very sad.

I doubt any connection to this case.

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2015/06/i_snapped_says_york_township_m.html

But the person that killed Julia could have been at the party then just bumped into CB then decided to act, I don't think it had to be planned to be linked with them knowing each other and maybe them both knowing the perp. JMO

I think that there probably is not a connection, but it doesn't hurt to check. I found the FB page of one of the perps, Jesse Spurlock. I found some fairly indirect connections with people we have discussed in the Chelsea Bruck case. He went to Airport high school, lives in Monroe and I found no better than 3 degrees of separation on facebook with people like LKZ. I think that JS is not the one who stabbed.

I have not yet researched the other guy, Joseph Michael Hall, who claims to have "snapped" and lives in Dundee. The two perps worked at the same place. On Spurlocks FB it says that he worked at Howard Ternes Packaging, but I don't know if this is the place where he and Hall were working just before the murders.

The other man charged in the murder in York Township is Joseph Hall. At this point I cannot completely dismiss the possibility of a connection to Chelsea's murder. According to his facebook, he lives in Petersburg (near Dundee) and is from Monroe. He has one common friend with "hero guy" HB. This common friend ALSO has the initials JH. I will refer to the JH's as JHa (Joseph Hall) and JHi to avoid confusion.

Here is the creepy part: On October 26, 2014, 3:09am, his friend JT posts a picture of JHa and JT. According to FB it was posted near Dundee, MI.
This is exactly the same day and around the same time that Chelsea disappeared! In the picture, both are in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles costumes. Exactly the same costume as the PXP band was wearing during the halloween party. According to FB, it was posted near Dundee, MI. If this is indeed true than I suppose both JHa and JT will have an alibi.

JHa's friend, JHi, is friends with HB as well as JBKI. He is from Flat Rock, MI (where Chelsea's clothing was found), lives in Carleton (her body was found near this town) and went to Airport High School.

I am not convinced that there is a connection to Chelsea's murder, but it I think we have to dig a little further.

Joseph Hall is from Dundee. Spurlock and Hall both worked in Petersburg, for Stevens Disposal and recycling. I don't have much time, but these articles give this in for and a lot more. Seems Hall went to the Dundee Police and turned himself in.

Hall turned himself in:
http://www.monroenews.com/news/2015/jun/19/police-arrest-2-suspects-in-stabbing-attack-that/

Went to the home together after leaving work :
http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor...dants_planned_on_r.html#incart_2box_ann-arbor

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2015/06/2_men_charged_with_murder_in_y.html

The other man charged in the murder in York Township is Joseph Hall. At this point I cannot completely dismiss the possibility of a connection to Chelsea's murder. According to his facebook, he lives in Petersburg (near Dundee) and is from Monroe. He has one common friend with "hero guy" HB. This common friend ALSO has the initials JH. I will refer to the JH's as JHa (Joseph Hall) and JHi to avoid confusion.

Here is the creepy part: On October 26, 2014, 3:09am, his friend JT posts a picture of JHa and JT. According to FB it was posted near Dundee, MI.
This is exactly the same day and around the same time that Chelsea disappeared! In the picture, both are in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles costumes. Exactly the same costume as the PXP band was wearing during the halloween party. According to FB, it was posted near Dundee, MI. If this is indeed true than I suppose both JHa and JT will have an alibi.

JHa's friend, JHi, is friends with HB as well as JBKI. He is from Flat Rock, MI (where Chelsea's clothing was found), lives in Carleton (her body was found near this town) and went to Airport High School.

I am not convinced that there is a connection to Chelsea's murder, but it I think we have to dig a little further.
Here is my creepy part...... Please view the name of his MIL. I doubt there is a connection to Chelsea but it made my heart stop for a moment! :O

ETA: It seems he is married into a family that has the Bruck surname. I wonder if they are somehow related ... ETA again.... I went down a rabbit hole and finally had to give up, so I think an actual family member would be the best one to determine if there is a connection to our Chelsea. It surely seems possible and likely. Imagine if Chelsea ran into someone at the event who mentioned they had a family connection, she felt comfy talking to them..... *sigh*. Just some random afterthoughts.

Ohhhh nice! I don't think the time and location posted should mean too much. Sometimes the location doesn't change for some.... But very interesting find ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not been successful finding FB for Joseph Hall....?

But I did find this, with previous convictions for Spurlock (the link may not be TOS so you will have to sort through this and fix it inorder to put on search bar)
mugshots dot com/
US-Counties/Michigan/Monroe-County-MI/Curtis-Daniel-Spurlock-Jr.85895483.html

A quick recap. I am from the same county as Chelsea. Which means, sadly, I'm also from the same county as the men who have confessed to committing these other murders.

It's ALWAYS worth sending any discovered connections into the police (like the ninja turtle costumes posted by JH and his friend or the fact that the mother-in-law of JH might be related to the larger Bruck clan). It couldn't hurt for the police to ask the two men involved in these murders where they were the night of the Halloween Party. Just in case. But, in my opinion, these two cases aren't likely related.

A few pieces that make me think they're not connected to the Chelsea scene:

1. JH went into the police station voluntarily to explain why his blood was on the scene. (Source: http://www.monroenews.com/news/2015/jun/19/police-arrest-2-suspects-in-stabbing-attack-that/) From reading this and his demeanor during the arraignment etc., he seems too fragile to hide involvement in another crime this long. (See article and video: http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor...en_charged_with_murder_in_y.html#incart_river)

2. The ninja turtle costumes JH and friend were wearing aren't at all like the ones the PAxP band was wearing. And the green body paint isn't consistent with the CB suspect description. I realize the paint could be taken off, but I think this is one stretch too far.

3. I've taken some time to run some comparisons between these two suspects and Chelsea's friend/band/group and the amount of overlap between their friend groups on social media is incredibly small. It's not the same social group. I know that doesn't rule it out completely, but I think it's another factor that makes it unlikely.

I believe the two arrested for murder, JH and JS, were involved in a rural drug scene and wanted to make some money by robbing the house of a dealer they knew. But I think the only connection between the two and Chelsea Bruck's case is that A. This IS the profile of the type of person I suspect with Chelsea. Rural drug user. Male. With a male friend. B. While there was intended criminal activity (they planned robbery and took a knife), it sounds like the situation quickly escalated beyond what they claimed they intended to happen. My guess is that if and when we find out more info about Chelsea, we will find her situation has some similar marks. Perhaps drug activity, perhaps criminal activity, and perhaps it also escalated to far worse than was intended as well.

I keep waiting for the Sheriff to release Chelsea's cause of death or information about the items the detectives took from the scene the day they found Chelsea's body. My guess is they don't want to make the information public and tip the suspect off. I'm sure they're trying to narrow the investigation through back channels. But the upside if they did provide more information is that other locals might be able to draw connections from the items found that the police can't. Locals were very quick to identify all the people in the photos the Sheriff shared on Facebook back in the fall. I hope if they run out of leads, they'll eventually turn to the public for more help with sorting through additional information if they have it.

BessDrew, thank you for your thoughtful post. You have put much time into your considerations, it seems. I spent a great deal of time today looking at/for any connections and am still of the thought the two cases are not connected. But you made a good point.... whoever has the info on the Ninja costumes, I believe someone up thread said one of these latest arrestees was a "FB friend" to the Halloween party home owner(?), and any other possible connections should send that to the police. Very good thinking, BD!

However, if there is any Bruck family connection and Chelsea left the party with a drunk/high shirt-tail relative, she may have felt safe enough to trust taking a ride home .... and something could have caused him to "snap" then, too. (I hate the use of the term "snapped", but that is what JH said in his court appearance)

The Bruck families have had an awful lot of heartaches the past few years. My thoughts are with all of them.

One more thing. The Bruck connected to the man arrested in this case and Chelsea Bruck don't appear to be closely related. At least going back two generations, their Facebook family members, obituaries, and local cemetery records don't seem to include any of the same names. They may be distant relatives still however. I think the police should turn over every stone just to be sure, but the more info I find, the more it leads me away from connecting these two cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lxzycxlm