GUILTY MI - Chelsea Bruck, 22, Frenchtown Twp, 26 Oct 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a cast of characters! My respect to LE for unraveling it all.

What a cast of characters! My respect to LE for unraveling it all.

ITA. It really couldn't have happened at a much more chaotic scenario, too many ppl, intoxication, costumes. Complete nightmare for LE to sort through

A quick recap. I am from the same county as Chelsea. Which means, sadly, I'm also from the same county as the men who have confessed to committing these other murders.

It's ALWAYS worth sending any discovered connections into the police (like the ninja turtle costumes posted by JH and his friend or the fact that the mother-in-law of JH might be related to the larger Bruck clan). It couldn't hurt for the police to ask the two men involved in these murders where they were the night of the Halloween Party. Just in case. But, in my opinion, these two cases aren't likely related.

A few pieces that make me think they're not connected to the Chelsea scene:

1. JH went into the police station voluntarily to explain why his blood was on the scene. (Source: http://www.monroenews.com/news/2015/jun/19/police-arrest-2-suspects-in-stabbing-attack-that/) From reading this and his demeanor during the arraignment etc., he seems too fragile to hide involvement in another crime this long. (See article and video: http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor...en_charged_with_murder_in_y.html#incart_river)

2. The ninja turtle costumes JH and friend were wearing aren't at all like the ones the PAxP band was wearing. And the green body paint isn't consistent with the CB suspect description. I realize the paint could be taken off, but I think this is one stretch too far.

3. I've taken some time to run some comparisons between these two suspects and Chelsea's friend/band/group and the amount of overlap between their friend groups on social media is incredibly small. It's not the same social group. I know that doesn't rule it out completely, but I think it's another factor that makes it unlikely.

I believe the two arrested for murder, JH and JS, were involved in a rural drug scene and wanted to make some money by robbing the house of a dealer they knew. But I think the only connection between the two and Chelsea Bruck's case is that A. This IS the profile of the type of person I suspect with Chelsea. Rural drug user. Male. With a male friend. B. While there was intended criminal activity (they planned robbery and took a knife), it sounds like the situation quickly escalated beyond what they claimed they intended to happen. My guess is that if and when we find out more info about Chelsea, we will find her situation has some similar marks. Perhaps drug activity, perhaps criminal activity, and perhaps it also escalated to far worse than was intended as well.

I keep waiting for the Sheriff to release Chelsea's cause of death or information about the items the detectives took from the scene the day they found Chelsea's body. My guess is they don't want to make the information public and tip the suspect off. I'm sure they're trying to narrow the investigation through back channels. But the upside if they did provide more information is that other locals might be able to draw connections from the items found that the police can't. Locals were very quick to identify all the people in the photos the Sheriff shared on Facebook back in the fall. I hope if they run out of leads, they'll eventually turn to the public for more help with sorting through additional information if they have it.

I agree with your #1 statement but in Chelsea's story there was also someone who went to police because he "had her blood on his shirt. " Again.... don't think they are involved in this case technically but same statement in both ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Locals, what's the word on the street? Do folks think this case is close to an arrest? I really really think there are more than a few people who know what happened.
JMO, of course.:justice:

Locals, what's the word on the street? Do folks think this case is close to an arrest? I really really think there are more than a few people who know what happened.

Roses...Its been eerily quiet around here lately on my end...my police friends have been very tight lipped so I'm thinking they are very close to an arrest, lets hope anyway

OFF TOPIC: does anyone use the tapatalk app and haven't been getting notifications when someone posts? I am subscribed to a few boards and have only been getting notifications for one since they did a new update awhile ago. [emoji17]

OFF TOPIC: does anyone use the tapatalk app and haven't been getting notifications when someone posts? I am subscribed to a few boards and have only been getting notifications for one since they did a new update awhile ago. [emoji17]

I use it on my iPad and it has been awful lately. So much so that I've been using only my laptop lately.

Roses...Its been eerily quiet around here lately on my end...my police friends have been very tight lipped so I'm thinking they are very close to an arrest, lets hope anyway

Agreed.The lack of information speaks volumes. If they weren't close I believe we'd be hearing more to generate leads, shake up ppl who may have info etc

Yes!! I have heard nothing for days!!

The word locally is pretty much the same as it is nationally. Locals are offering their condolences and demanding justice. Many locals suspect that there are people who attended the Halloween party who are withholding information, so I regularly see locals leaving comments encouraging people to come forward with whatever they know.

Here's a quick timeline of all the most recent local events, many of which have been reported in the news.

February 6 - It was announced that police had arrested two unconnected individuals, one male aged 19 and one female aged 29, for lying to police officers about the Chelsea Bruck case. The male claimed he watched two men harass Chelsea and that he helped her to her feet and put her in a car, which drove away. He later retracted his statement saying he lied to make himself look like a hero, apparently to present himself as the only one who had any helpful information. The woman told police that her former boyfriend had confessed to killing Chelsea and dumping her body in a Perrysburg, Ohio cemetery, but later said her motive for reporting this was revenge against her ex.

April 5 - After a tip from a citizen, the Monroe County Sheriff's office reported that clothing which might be a portion of Chelsea's costume was discovered near a vacant industrial site/abandoned building in the area of Peters Road south of Van Horn in Flat Rock. Maj. Jeff Kemp of the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office also reported they found "other evidence" which he declined to describe. Sheriff’s detectives and detectives from the Michigan State Police Monroe Post searched the mostly overgrown 60-acre property, using both an aviation unit and an eight-wheeled, all-terrain vehicle.

April 24 - A body was discovered by construction workers clearing a lot in a wooded area by Briar Hill Road and Will Carleton Roard in Ash Township, in Carleton. The discovery site was about 15 miles from Chelsea's hometown and eight miles from the Halloween party. The area was near a set of railroad tracks. Police were seen taking away bags of evidence from the scene, but information about what they recovered has not yet been released to the public.

April 25 - The Sheriff held a press conference confirming the body was identified through dental records as Chelsea Bruck. He explained that the evidence suggested it was a homicide, but they expected the autopsy to take a long time due to the body being found in an advanced stage of decomposition. He also said they believed Chelsea was likely killed at or near the area where her body was found and that they believed the person/people responsible were familiar with the area and the railroad tracks because it was at or near a common "parking area." It was also indicated that the property owners and a hunter who sometimes used the property were cleared as suspects. During the conference, the Sheriff's department also confirmed that the clothing found earlier in the month at the vacant industrial site in Flat Rock WAS connected to Bruck's killing. Both state police and the FBI were reported to be assisting in the investigation. The Sheriff said he believed they had 3/4ths of the puzzle solved and vowed not to stop until they solved it.

April 28 - Hundreds gathered for a candlelight vigil in a field by a pavilion behind St. Joseph's Church. Chelsea's family was in attendance and actively interacted with participants.

June 9 - Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office confirmed that Bruck's body had been released earlier in the week but said no "official" cause of death had been determined. A spokesperson for WCME's office said they were waiting to receive further results from a forensic anthropologist before an official determination of cause and time of death is made, but said there was no timeline for when to expect this report.

June 11 and 12 - Visitation for Chelsea was held at Rupp Funeral Home. There were purple ribbons decorating the outside.

June 13 - The funeral, called "A Mass of the Resurrection celebrating her life" was held at Divine Grace Parish (St. Joseph Church) in Maybee. The ceremony was closed with this line: “May the angels lead you into paradise and may the martyrs come to welcome you and take you to the holy city.”

Nothing new that can directly be connected to Chelsea's disappearance has been reported locally since Chelsea's funeral, at least that I am aware of.

“May the angels lead you into paradise and may the martyrs come to welcome you and take you to the holy city."

Well that just undid me. I am quite a stoic, but something about Chelsea just captured a piece of my heart. I'm here until there is justice, and every ounce of my being tells me it is coming soon. Lord hear our prayer!

Thank you for the excellent summary BessDrew; so very very helpful.

For Chelsea:
purpledaisy.jpg

The word locally is pretty much the same as it is nationally. Locals are offering their condolences and demanding justice. Many locals suspect that there are people who attended the Halloween party who are withholding information, so I regularly see locals leaving comments encouraging people to come forward with whatever they know.

Here's a quick timeline of all the most recent local events, many of which have been reported in the news.

February 6 - It was announced that police had arrested two unconnected individuals, one male aged 19 and one female aged 29, for lying to police officers about the Chelsea Bruck case. The male claimed he watched two men harass Chelsea and that he helped her to her feet and put her in a car, which drove away. He later retracted his statement saying he lied to make himself look like a hero, apparently to present himself as the only one who had any helpful information. The woman told police that her former boyfriend had confessed to killing Chelsea and dumping her body in a Perrysburg, Ohio cemetery, but later said her motive for reporting this was revenge against her ex.

April 5 - After a tip from a citizen, the Monroe County Sheriff's office reported that clothing which might be a portion of Chelsea's costume was discovered near a vacant industrial site/abandoned building in the area of Peters Road south of Van Horn in Flat Rock. Maj. Jeff Kemp of the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office also reported they found "other evidence" which he declined to describe. Sheriff’s detectives and detectives from the Michigan State Police Monroe Post searched the mostly overgrown 60-acre property, using both an aviation unit and an eight-wheeled, all-terrain vehicle.

April 24 - A body was discovered by construction workers clearing a lot in a wooded area by Briar Hill Road and Will Carleton Roard in Ash Township, in Carleton. The discovery site was about 15 miles from Chelsea's hometown and eight miles from the Halloween party. The area was near a set of railroad tracks. Police were seen taking away bags of evidence from the scene, but information about what they recovered has not yet been released to the public.

April 25 - The Sheriff held a press conference confirming the body was identified through dental records as Chelsea Bruck. He explained that the evidence suggested it was a homicide, but they expected the autopsy to take a long time due to the body being found in an advanced stage of decomposition. He also said they believed Chelsea was likely killed at or near the area where her body was found and that they believed the person/people responsible were familiar with the area and the railroad tracks because it was at or near a common "parking area." It was also indicated that the property owners and a hunter who sometimes used the property were cleared as suspects. During the conference, the Sheriff's department also confirmed that the clothing found earlier in the month at the vacant industrial site in Flat Rock WAS connected to Bruck's killing. Both state police and the FBI were reported to be assisting in the investigation. The Sheriff said he believed they had 3/4ths of the puzzle solved and vowed not to stop until they solved it.

April 28 - Hundreds gathered for a candlelight vigil in a field by a pavilion behind St. Joseph's Church. Chelsea's family was in attendance and actively interacted with participants.

June 9 - Wayne County Medical Examiner's Office confirmed that Bruck's body had been released earlier in the week but said no "official" cause of death had been determined. A spokesperson for WCME's office said they were waiting to receive further results from a forensic anthropologist before an official determination of cause and time of death is made, but said there was no timeline for when to expect this report.

June 11 and 12 - Visitation for Chelsea was held at Rupp Funeral Home. There were purple ribbons decorating the outside.

June 13 - The funeral, called "A Mass of the Resurrection celebrating her life" was held at Divine Grace Parish (St. Joseph Church) in Maybee. The ceremony was closed with this line: “May the angels lead you into paradise and may the martyrs come to welcome you and take you to the holy city.”

Nothing new that can directly be connected to Chelsea's disappearance has been reported locally since Chelsea's funeral, at least that I am aware of.

I agree about the withholding of info from party goers. The metal scene in Monroe is a pretty close knit community. Have friends in bands etc. Chelsea may have liked pxp and others but she definitely wasn't one of "their girls" , more of a fringe type fan from what I've heard. I really believe there would've been more of a reaction from ppl attending if she were more involved w/ the scene. Not sure if its a conscious effort or just a disconnect. Not saying BM didn't try to help because he definitely did but there was only so much he could do. JMO

elcookie, I agree with the thought that Chelsea was more a fringe fan, not one of the "formal groupies.". And I also agree there would be more talking if she had been one of the in-crowd. I suspect that many barely knew her, if at all, and paid little to no attention to her being there. If she did nothing to stand out, what reason was there for anyone to pay any particular attention to the gal in the green leaves? You made good points, IMO.

Anyone know why when I go to the FCB page the most recent posts I can see are from April? Nothing after that?

I also have not been getting all posts from my subscribed threads. It seems better the last couple of days. Nice seeing you all again! Keep up the good work.

I have just read through all of Chelsea Bruck’s (CB’s) threads on WS. You have all engaged in excellent sleuthing, well done!

I suspect that the recent “quietness” surrounding this case means that the police have in their sights those who they believe are responsible and the case is now in the hands of the prosecutor who will be determining: 1) whether there is probable cause that the suspects committed the offence(s); and 2) whether the charges can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt at trial (with the evidence collected thus far) to ensure that the Crown has a solid case so those guilty will be brought to justice. The prosecutor may have sent the case back to the police to conduct additional investigation as they might not have been satisfied that the charges could be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. This might explain the amount of time that has gone by without any arrests and why as at June 10th Sheriff Malone said they are “still investigating”: http://www.monroenews.com/news/2015/jun/09/funeal-services-set-chelsea-bruck/.

It is positive that the pathologist has been able to establish a cause of death, especially given that the remains were skeletal: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/28/chelsea-bruck_n_7162068.html .This could mean there is evidence of blunt force- hard/bone tissue trauma which will show up in skeletal remains: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/9780470061589.fsa461/abstract. As many of you have noted, the rationale for not releasing cause of death publicly is most likely to prevent false confessions, which waste valuable police time. I think once enough evidence has been gathered that satisfies the prosecutor that the charges can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that we can expect (I hope) to see the suspects arrested (if they are not already in custody).

One thing that I have always found a little odd and which in my mind hasn’t been settled are the comments that HB (hero’s) mother CO makes in the interview: (http://www.wxyz.com/news/two-charged-with-lying-to-police-in-case-of-missing-chelsea-bruck ). I find her accent quite difficult to understand but I think she says, “one kid that [HB] knows said he backed up into a girl and [unintelligible]…and went the other way and [HB] went down to the police station and I told him he should have never done that because he doesn’t know what’s going on. And now all of a sudden it’s turned into this”. Is this comment significant? Who is this “kid” that HB knows that “backed into a girl” and who is the “girl” he backed up into? Is CO’s reference to “backed up into” referring to being “run over by a car”? Does this have anything to do with CB’s case or is it a red herring?

I have just read through all of Chelsea Bruck’s (CB’s) threads on WS. You have all engaged in excellent sleuthing, well done!

One thing that I have always found a little odd and which in my mind hasn’t been settled are the comments that HB (hero’s) mother CO makes in the interview: (http://www.wxyz.com/news/two-charged-with-lying-to-police-in-case-of-missing-chelsea-bruck ). I find her accent quite difficult to understand but I think she says, “one kid that [HB] knows said he backed up into a girl and [unintelligible]…and went the other way and [HB] went down to the police station and I told him he should have never done that because he doesn’t know what’s going on. And now all of a sudden it’s turned into this”. Is this comment significant? Who is this “kid” that HB knows that “backed into a girl” and who is the “girl” he backed up into? Is CO’s reference to “backed up into” referring to being “run over by a car”? Does this have anything to do with CB’s case or is it a red herring?

Thank you for your insights and welcome to the forum.
:welcome6: :gday:
and happy 4th of July everyone.
:fireworks: :usa::usa::usa:
Are you from New Zealand? Your name seems to suggest this (as well as the fact that you refer to "the Crown").

I think with "backed into a girl" she means backing up into another car that had a girl in it. But possibly someone hit the girl by driving backwards. I don't think that anyone was actually run over. There is probably some truth to what CO says, but I am not sure what it means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennilynn321